Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

One study out of 1000s doesn't tell us much. It is dangerous to cherry pick studies that you "agree" with and try to make broad conclusions from that. Science doesn't work that way

doctors/nurses have been wearing masks at hospitals for decades, because its very easy to do and is helpful against airborne disease

So.....The manufacturer of probably the most widely worn mask has a label right on their box that says the masks are ineffective against the spread of Covid-19. But, you are arguing they work?

So.....The manufacturer of probably the most widely worn mask has a label right on their box that says the masks are ineffective against the spread of Covid-19. But, you are arguing they work?

Welll duh.. masks aren't the cure or the end all be all.

One study out of 1000s doesn't tell us much. It is dangerous to cherry pick studies that you "agree" with and try to make broad conclusions from that. Science doesn't work that way

doctors/nurses have been wearing masks at hospitals for decades, because its very easy to do and is helpful against airborne disease
If you're not going to read through a study just because it doesn't fit with your world view then what's the point of discussing this with you? Can we at least acknowledge that there are studies that support both sides of this so at best we can't state it as a fact either way?

Why should I ask, you are the one who is obviously uninformed
Because asking questions is a proven method to increase understanding and expand a narrow mind.

If you would like to talk to McMom who has 25 years as an OT and currently supervises the hospital therapy department which includes respiratory therapy, I'm happy to facilitate.

When we're still learning about the disease every day, everyone is uninformed. Some are just more informed than others.

Ok, thats fair. But I will trust the worlds most respected doctors and their consensus instead of people from volnation. (Which is what mcdad was telling me to do)

Ok, thats fair. But I will trust the worlds most respected doctors instead of people from volnation. (Which is what mcdad was telling me to do)
I would trust those on the frontline before I put my trust on the "world's most respected doctors". You need to realize a lot of those doctors are not in the trenches. How many people do you think Fauci has actually treated? I would guess zero.

I would trust those on the frontline before I put my trust on the "world's most respected doctors". You need to realize a lot of those doctors are not in the trenches. How many people do you think Fauci has actually treated? I would guess zero.
I would hope zero.

Wow that is just dumb. SMH, dumb.

Ok, thats fair. But I will trust the worlds most respected doctors and their consensus instead of people from volnation. (Which is what mcdad was telling me to do)
If your prejudice against a poster prohibits your perusal of their posting, you are petty and pointless.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
Wow that is just dumb. SMH, dumb.
Do you believe Dr. Fauci has actually treated anyone for this? If so, I think that's incredibly stupid on your part. There are thousands of frontline medical workers with direct experience fighting this disease. Most of them are not considered the "world's most respected doctors". That comes from academia, not actual experience. I'd take the opinion over someone who has actually fought against it over someone reading their notes any day and every day.

It's always amazed me how a person automatically becomes one of the most respected "x" once their opinion agrees with the prevailing political wind.

VN Store

Back