Mass Shooting in Atlanta

I think we can all agree to two things.

1) We need less guns in the hands of nutjobs and criminals.

2) What we are doing so far about # 1 is not working.

I am open to hearing about solutions that will actually have some substantial impact on # 1.

I agree with the bolded. Thats why I believe the government should be banned from possessing guns.

who justified them with "oh well"?
We have more guns per capita than the rest of the developed world, so “more guns” obviously isn’t working. What else do you suggest we do to reduce our high rate of gun violence?

We have more guns per capita than the rest of the developed world, so “more guns” obviously isn’t working. What else do you suggest we do to reduce our high rate of gun violence?

Find the root cause of the spike in violence.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
It does work, but your side doesn’t want to hear about guns used in self defense. You’d rather turn those people into criminals and the actual criminals into victims.
1616518252442.jpeg
What did the media and law enforcement do to this couple? Paint them as nut jobs rather than defenders.....call them what you want, there was no vandalism on that street and we all know why

How would that be effective? What are your examples of it working before? Can you identify potential problems with your solution?
What are your examples of gun free zones actually preventing gun violence? Other than “mass shooters come here we are defenseless” what does it solve. Look how many gun free zones are specifically targeted for these events.

When was the last time a multiple fatality shooting happened at a gun store or gun show?

What are your examples of gun free zones actually preventing gun violence? Other than “mass shooters come here we are defenseless” what does it solve. Look how many gun free zones are specifically targeted for these events.

When was the last time a multiple fatality shooting happened at a gun store or gun show?
So your “solution” can’t be defended logically and you have no examples. Noted.

But we can never know how many shootings were stopped by gun free zone signs.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
I wonder if there has been a study to determine the relationship between areas of gun violence and legal gun ownership. You know, is there more gun violence where there are more legal guns......or is the gun violence more prevalent where there are few legal guns.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Nice deflection. Also noted. I’m pointing out the solution in place solves nothing. Run along now.
You interjected with your solution, I asked you to defend your position and you can’t. It’s par for the course. Explain yourself or have a seat.

You interjected with your solution, I asked you to defend your position and you can’t. It’s par for the course. Explain yourself or have a seat.
Pound sand cupcake. I challenged that gun free zones are effective at all and there is plenty of data showing they are favored targets. Thus, remove the requirement for gun free zones.

Like the armed guys in a Texas church taking out a shooter?
So there is one example. How does that compare to other examples? Can we scientifically study gun violence, who commits it, where it happens, why it happens? Where is the data compiled by federal agencies?

Sorry I missed it, just hopped onto the last page. Maybe you can give me a synopsis.

What makes me an “anti 2A nut”?

What other fundamental rights are you in favor of severely restricting for law abiding citizens?

Pound sand cupcake. I challenged that gun free zones are effective at all and there is plenty of data showing they are favored targets. Thus, remove the requirement for gun free zones.
The only thing you proved is that you have an opinion. Remarkable.

So there is one example. How does that compare to other examples? Can we scientifically study gun violence, who commits it, where it happens, why it happens? Where is the data compiled by federal agencies?

The gun is just a tool. The reason the person felt the need to commit the act of violence is what needs to be studied.

VN Store

Back