Mass Shooting in Atlanta

The intent of the made up story was for a man who couldn't pass a check to get his wife to buy him a gun. All done with the full understanding of the seller.

I know what she was implying but it's perfectly legal to by a gun with the intention of giving it as a gift. (certain restrictions apply)

I know what she was implying but it's perfectly legal to by a gun with the intention of giving it as a gift. (certain restrictions apply)
Sure but that was never mentioned

My wife is really interested in it." (wink, wink, nod, nod,

This was another clueless loophole scenario from someone who has obviously never entered a gun store

The intent of the made up story was for a man who couldn't pass a check to get his wife to buy him a gun. All done with the full understanding of the seller.

Yep, for reference my dad was in town (out of state) and wanted to get a gun that they didn't have at his LGS. The store here (in gun happy Alabama) was having none of it and would only sell it to me even though both of us would pass the background check and both were concealed carry permit holders. His was from North Carolina which is pretty involved (including psych eval).

But we're supposed to believe dealers routinely knowingly sell to people who can't pass by allowing a family member to "sign" for it.

Yep, for reference my dad was in town (out of state) and wanted to get a gun that they didn't have at his LGS. The store here (in gun happy Alabama) was having none of it and would only sell it to me even though both of us would pass the background check and both were concealed carry permit holders. His was from North Carolina which is pretty involved (including psych eval).

But we're supposed to believe dealers routinely knowingly sell to people who can't pass by allowing a family member to "sign" for it.

Long gun or handgun?

Been shopping with both my dad and sister. Dad in GA, him from TN, sister in TN. Both times the point was made they wouldnt sell if they didnt think the gun was ending up in the hands of the buyer.

Been shopping with both my dad and sister. Dad in GA, him from TN, sister in TN. Both times the point was made they wouldnt sell if they didnt think the gun was ending up in the hands of the buyer.

A lot of FFLs don't know the laws and most always err on the side of caution.

Reactions: LouderVol

VN Store

Back