Mass Shooting in Atlanta

can't speak to the intent but it calling it a slogan ignores the significant number of changes to laws and actions taken including mass incarceration (actions led by our current POTUS) that have destroyed lives and generations

it was sustained policy through many administrations with distinct action plans
I agree for the most part. My contention is that there was no real intent except to gain political capital. It either wasn’t well thought out, and if it was thought out it was downright evil.

It was a well-funded slogan, with no real intent of doing good. The CIA was facilitating drugs coming in and the police were arresting the users. It was a front to make it look like politicians were actually doing something good.
This right here is what kills me about you. You know all this, yet you support disarming the population.

Reactions: hog88
the background checks are a sham anyway. Ya'll know it. Like you haven't heard of this scenario:
-

Red MAGA hat guy: "excuse me sir, could I please take a look at that rifle up there on display. My wife is really interested in it." (wink, wink, nod, nod, fart?)

Clerk: "Sure, its a really nice AR15, check it out. Your wife would really like it I think"

MAGA hat guy: "Ok, I'll....err... I mean she'll take it"

Clerk: "Ok great. Just have to have your wife fill out the paperwork. Simple background check and stuff, your wife won't have no problem. (wink, wink)"

MAGA hat guy: "Honey.... come sign for this!"
You’ve never bought a gun

I "get it." I'm the one being honest here. What I described happens and happens a lot, you know it and I know it. Why lie to yourself about that?
I really don't sense you are a good ol boy, if so you'd know that's not the case. Most good ol boys follow the rules, what you described was a violation of the law with both parties in on it. I don't frequent gun dealers but I have several friends that do, and in today's environment everyone is afraid of loosing the right to their arms and businesses. Your event might happen in Chicago or Memphis but not around here.

Reactions: Tastylicks
the background checks are a sham anyway. Ya'll know it. Like you haven't heard of this scenario:
-

Red MAGA hat guy: "excuse me sir, could I please take a look at that rifle up there on display. My wife is really interested in it." (wink, wink, nod, nod, fart?)

Clerk: "Sure, its a really nice AR15, check it out. Your wife would really like it I think"

Clerk: "Ok great. Just have to have your wife fill out the paperwork. Simple background check and stuff, your wife won't have no problem. (wink, wink)"

Yeah, that’s called a felony.

I really don't sense you are a good ol boy, if so you'd know that's not the case. Most good ol boys follow the rules, what you described was a violation of the law with both parties in on it. I don't frequent gun dealers but I have several friends that do, and in today's environment everyone is afraid of loosing the right to their arms and businesses. Your event might happen in Chicago or Memphis but not around here.

yah I'm not a "good ol boy" that is true

maybe everyone here is right, maybe every gun purchase follows the rules to a T. There would never be any fraud in this country ;)

maybe everyone here is right, maybe every gun purchase follows the rules to a T. There would never be any fraud in this country ;)
Thing is, if the gun store doesn’t follow those rules to the letter, it’s their license and livelihood on the line. Along with a lengthy prison sentence.

Because they dont get caught very much, especially in certain states. They weigh the risks/rewards just like every human being and every business owner
Exactly, and it shows you don't know what you're talking about because that gun dealer today can legally sell that gun....today..... the demand is currently exceeding supply so why risk your FFL

-

so what is wrong or should be illegal with this scenario exactly?

Exactly, and it shows you don't know what you're talking about because that gun dealer today can legally sell that gun....today..... the demand is currently exceeding supply so why risk your FFL

I think it depends on the specific market, but yeah that makes sense

Why are you insisting on riding this straw man to the ground? Do you want some kind of probability prize? Somebody, from SC interestingly enough IIRC, had a 1.5 billion dollar lottery ticket so...feces happens. The "wink wink" example given is already contextually a crime so what exactly do you think this line of thought is accomplishing even if people accept the "feces happens" line you're throwing?

Why are you insisting on riding this straw man to the ground? Do you want some kind of probability prize? Somebody, from SC interestingly enough IIRC, had a 1.5 billion dollar lottery ticket so...feces happens. The "wink wink" example given is already contextually a crime so what exactly do you think this line of thought is accomplishing even if people accept the "feces happens" line you're throwing?

Idk. good point. nothing on this website matters and I'm like 10,000 posts away from catching up to the number of useless posts you've made too then

or you know we could just be some adults chatting

Reactions: LouderVol
Idk. good point. nothing on this website matters and I'm like 10,000 posts away from catching up to the number of useless posts you've made too then

or you know we could just be some adults chatting
So does your name come from you playing or the Group......or are you into ice cream.

VN Store

Back