Mass Shooting in Atlanta

I’m guessing it was a guy that went to extremes to make a point due to the recent shootings. Probably not the smartest thing to do although I get why he would do it.
What do you mean?

You think he was trying to send a message that someone can be armed and peaceful?

No, it’s not an assumption, it’s a fact that the kind of comprehensive information and analyzation of that information that should be done to make thoughtful decisions isn’t being gathered, and hasn’t been for going on 30 years.

Link to these facts please

Not sure why the CDC would need to study gun violence or better yet why their findings would matter. No amount of research or money slinging will prevent someone from causing harm to someone if they are hell bent on doing it.

Reactions: Redleg68
Not sure why the CDC would need to study gun violence or better yet why their findings would matter. No amount of research or money slinging will prevent someone from causing harm to someone if they are hell bent on doing it.
Not sure why anyone would have a problem with collecting and analyzing information on any of it. I guess if you’re interested in avoiding something... even if it’s factual.

the CDC's mission is dedicated to public health. Mass shootings are a public health concern

Not sure why anyone would have a problem with collecting and analyzing information on any of it. I guess if you’re interested in avoiding something... even if it’s factual.

yeah and they'll blame mental health for these things but then dont want to let the mental health experts study it or weigh in. Super weird

the CDC's mission is dedicated to public health. Mass shootings are a public health concern
It’s a data anomaly with regards to public health in the aggregate. For “public” health there are much larger sources to look at. It’s more of a law enforcement issue since gun violence is homicide or assault with a deadly weapon.

Reactions: W.TN.Orange Blood
It’s a data anomaly with regards to public health in the aggregate. For “public” health there are much larger sources to look at. It’s more of a law enforcement issue since gun violence is homicide or assault with a deadly weapon.

So mental health plays no factor in these things?

Not what I said. Your statement was “mass shootings”. The discussion was about gun violence wasn’t it?

Do you have any replies which aren’t non sequiturs?

It wasn't a non sequitur. Its pretty clearly on topic. If you think mental health plays a role in these mass shootings then why not let the mental health experts research them??

It wasn't a non sequitur. Its pretty clearly on topic. If you think mental health plays a role in these mass shootings then why not let the mental health experts research them??
I realize you protest that your non sequiturs aren’t not sequiturs but they are.

“Mass shootings” are not a statistically significant public health concern. Not properly addressing mental illness resulting in violence (all forms of violence against any number of others) against others could be a public health concern if the statistics show it.

GTFO with your parsing to focus on gun violence only as being statistically significant enough to warrant a public health concern.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I realize you protest that your non sequiturs aren’t not sequiturs but they are.

“Mass shootings” are not a statistically significant public health concern. Not properly addressing mental illness resulting in violence (all forms of violence against any number of others) against others could be a public health concern if the statistics show it.

GTFO with your parsing to focus on gun violence only as being statistically significant enough to warrant a public health concern.

Oh okay, sorry my opinion offends you. The rest of your post is merely your opinion which is as valuable as mine so...

Oh okay, sorry my opinion offends you. The rest of your post is merely your opinion which is as valuable as mine so...
Sure. I’m not offended by your opinion, or your mountain of non sequiturs. I just find them not holding up to logical scrutiny is all and have pointed out where I think they clearly fail.

Sure. I’m not offended by your opinion, or your mountain of non sequiturs. I just find them not holding up to logical scrutiny is all and have pointed out where I think they clearly fail.

And saying mass shootings is not a public health concern passes your imaginary benchmark of logical scrutiny though

And saying mass shootings is not a public health concern passes your imaginary benchmark of logical scrutiny though
Can you provide the statistical value of how many deaths they account for in the total population of deaths in the US after excluding natural causes? That’s not an opinion that’s actual data.

VN Store

Back