Mass Shooting in Atlanta

Can you provide the statistical value of how many deaths they account for in the total population of deaths in the US after excluding natural causes? That’s not an opinion that’s actual data.

Well I think I read once where every day more than 100 Americans lose their lives to gun violence. From a cost standpoint its like $500 million a year in hospital costs related to gun violence in this country .

That seems like a pretty damned significant health concern to me

Reactions: OHvol40
Not sure why the CDC would need to study gun violence or better yet why their findings would matter. No amount of research or money slinging will prevent someone from causing harm to someone if they are hell bent on doing it.
An insane idiot (which the world is full of) will create less carnage with a rock than with a nuke.

Well I think I read once where every day more than 100 Americans lose their lives to gun violence. From a cost standpoint its like $500 million a year in hospital costs related to gun violence in this country .

That seems like a pretty damned significant health concern to me
“Mass Shootings” = rando gun violence?

And the number one means of death via gun violence is suicide. You’re gonna be shocked to hear this I know but we’ve talked about this many times before you started posting.

“Mass Shootings” = rando gun violence?

And the number one means of death via gun violence is suicide. You’re gonna be shocked to hear this I know but we’ve talked about this many times before you started posting.

semantics dude, honestly. Mass shootings ARE gun violence duh come on.

not shocked at all, pretty clear ya'll are really dug IN on this issue. And I'm not sure why. I really think people would trust you Republicans more if you didn't fight things like this. I'm not even anti-guns myself, but I'm anti-ignorance

We should be trying to understand from a mental health standpoint why these things keep happening. Why fight that? The more you do, the more people dont trust ya'll. And lets be honest - if you had someone near and dear to your heart gunned down like those poor people in Colorado at the grocery store, there's not a chance in hell you would be on here arguing that its not significant enough to even study.

Your dumb argument is rejected for the 124,456,456,355th time as a reason to arbitrarily limit everybody’s constitutional right in this country.
lol.....
If the 2a crowd didn't use ridiculous arguments like "you can kill someone with a knife, let's just ban all knives" or "more people die in car accidents, let's just ban all cars", then it wouldn't be necessary to resort to such extremes in an attempt to give you guys a clue.

Reactions: OHvol40

not shocked at all, pretty clear ya'll are really dug IN on this issue. And I'm not sure why. I really think people would trust you Republicans more if you didn't fight things like this. I'm not even anti-guns myself, but I'm anti-ignorance

We should be trying to understand from a mental health standpoint why these things keep happening. Why fight that? The more you do, the more people dont trust ya'll. And lets be honest - if you had someone near and dear to your heart gunned down like those poor people in Colorado at the grocery store, there's not a chance in hell you would be on here arguing that its not significant enough to even study.
LMFAO you’re all over the place. Try to focus. Mental health and violence against others, gun violence against self, gun violence against others, and “mass shootings” loaded language aren’t the same topic. Regardless of how much you’ve meandered around trying to act like they are.

And I’ve lost a family member to “gun violence”. I don’t see that as a reason to limit others constitutional right arbitrarily. So I reject your weak emotional plea.

lol.....
If the 2a crowd didn't use ridiculous arguments like "you can kill someone with a knife, let's just ban all knives" or "more people die in car accidents, let's just ban all cars", then it wouldn't be necessary to resort to such extremes in an attempt to give you guys a clue.
Well.. The UK already did that stupidity on knives so I’d submit you’re wrong in your reasoning. Again. Like you always are.

lol.....

I think the dumbest ever was when they said we should have our teachers carry guns lolz

Trump came out with dumb ideas weekly. But that one there stands out among the sea of dumbass ideas.
-
we had a mass shooting at a King Soopers grocery store. I'll wait for Biden to suggest we arm every grocer now. : ) so freakin stupid

Last edited:
Reactions: luthervol

It's not semantics, it's statistics. Suicide accounts for 60% of gun deaths. That puts the total number of people killed by guns at around 15k/yr. The number dying in a mass shooting incident is even lower at around 400 deaths/yr. Where do you think that ranks given the US population?

Reactions: Ttucke11
I think the dumbest ever was when they said we should have our teachers carry guns lolz

Trump came out with dumb ideas weekly. But that one there stands out among the sea of dumbass ideas

Whatever you think of the idea, FYI, there already are schools with armed teachers/staff. I believe TX alone has over 100 districts that allow staff carry.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
So what exactly are you people wanting to ban now? "Shall not be infringed" seems pretty cut and dry. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a background check. I'm also all for helping mental illness. However, mentally ill people who want to kill others will do so with or without a gun. In 2019 there were 15,292 shooting deaths in the US, excluding suicides (for obvious reasons I should not have to explain). 517 of those fell in the category of a "mass shooting" death. Since 1982 (when the FBI started keeping up with these things a little more) California leads the way in "mass shootings" with Colorado and Washington also in the top 5. Chicago reaches double digit shooting deaths during singular weekends on a regular basis. What policies effectively eliminate these criminals ability to kill people without infringing on millions of responsible gun owners across the country? I'll listen to the crickets.

Reactions: VolStrom

Trump came out with dumb ideas weekly. But that one there stands out among the sea of dumbass ideas.
-
we had a mass shooting at a King Soopers grocery store. I'll wait for Biden to suggest we arm every grocer now. : ) so freakin stupid
Using the non sequitur as a ridiculous loaded example. You expand your toolkit of foolishness! Well done!
😂🤡

So what exactly are you people wanting to ban now? "Shall not be infringed" seems pretty cut and dry. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a background check. I'm also all for helping mental illness. However, mentally ill people who want to kill others will do so with or without a gun. In 2019 there were 15,292 shooting deaths in the US, excluding suicides (for obvious reasons I should not have to explain). 517 of those fell in the category of a "mass shooting" death. Since 1982 (when the FBI started keeping up with these things a little more) California leads the way in "mass shootings" with Colorado and Washington also in the top 5. Chicago reaches double digit shooting deaths during singular weekends on a regular basis. What policies effectively eliminate these criminals ability to kill people without infringing on millions of responsible gun owners across the country? I'll listen to the crickets.
I would put a limit on the number of guns that could be purchased by one individual during a given period of time.
Maybe increased waiting periods for some purchases.
Chirp.....chirp.

I wonder if she knows that pilots can carry a gun onto a plane?

I think there's a lot she has an opinion about where actual knowledge is lacking.

Hey, everybody is ignorant. You couldn't fill a thimble with what I know about M-Theory. Of course I don't spend much time voicing an opinion on the matter either.

Reactions: NorthDallas40
I would put a limit on the number of guns that could be purchased by one individual during a given period of time.
Maybe increased waiting periods for some purchases.
Would you also be in favor of limiting the number of articles a journalist can publish in a given amount of time?

VN Store

Back