Mass Shooting in Atlanta

Now we have something we can agree to focus on.
And how did the criminals who are selling guns to the next set of criminals get their guns?
By doing criminal things. More laws to try and prevent the same act won't make a difference. That's why they're criminals

So its research with a end goal of presenting information to the government. Would you be comfortable with said research being funded/organized/reviewed by a republican committee?

Of course not. Because we are talking about CDC research. The CDC has a $12 billion budget. The research funding should come out of that

I would put a limit on the number of guns that could be purchased by one individual during a given period of time.
Maybe increased waiting periods for some purchases.
Chirp.....chirp.

What does that solve? That was not the genius response you think it was. Are mass shooters committing these acts with 4 different guns?

There are armed teachers in my kids school. I don't have an issue

The only issues I have ever expressed is

1. It shouldn't be compulsory. You don't arm people "just because".
2. I would very much want some kind of training suitable for school scenarios above and beyond "normal" civilian carry.

they wouldn't have had to sneak on. In the wacky proposals Im seeing here, we allow anyone who wants to carry a gun on the plane. They coulda brought in their AR15s, wiped out anyone they wanted. they coulda hijacked more - because why not?

I feel for police in yall's brain dead utopias. They have a hard enough time keeping peace. Now they would have to contend with shootouts, not knowing who is the assailant with everyone tryin to be "John Wayne badass"

I will live in the real world, thank you very much.
How many shoot outs happen down here in the wild west?

103 mass shootings so far. Please find one where an otherwise innocent civilian shoots another citizen in an effort to defend themself.

There have been 103 mass shootings in the US so far in 2021. Here's the full list.

Shouldnt be hard to find since it happens all the time in the wild west.

yes. just like the bad guy in Colorado and Georgia did. And just like the bad guy at the Las Vegas strip did... etc.
Oh, so more laws will stop them? At least one was on the FBI list. The worst offender has been mysteriously removed from our view

Reactions: Ttucke11
What does that solve? That was not the genius response you think it was. Are mass shooters committing these acts with 4 different guns?
I do think it was kind of genius.

And I was in no way limiting my conversation to mass shooters.

How many shoot outs happen down here in the wild west?

103 mass shootings so far. Please find one where an otherwise innocent civilian shoots another citizen in an effort to defend themself.

There have been 103 mass shootings in the US so far in 2021. Here's the full list.

Shouldnt be hard to find since it happens all the time in the wild west.

Well duh dude, these are 103 instances where every day people failed to defend themselves. Because its not so easy contrary to what all the John Wayne's that post here think.

You are nuts if you think there was nobody carrying weapons at that grocery store in Colorado. Hell, a police officer was shot and killed, I'd say chances are good he was carrying a weapon. Like I said - bad guys do shoot back!

Well duh dude, these are 103 instances where every day people failed to defend themselves.
That's an outright lie. You were given the stats and ignore them to peddle this falsehood. It's why no one can take your argument seriously

Well duh dude, these are 103 instances where every day people failed to defend themselves. Because its not so easy contrary to what all the John Wayne's that post here think.

You are nuts if you think there was nobody carrying weapons at that grocery store in Colorado. Hell, a police officer was shot and killed, I'd say chances are good he was carrying a weapon
Where did I say it was 100% effective? That wasn't even the argument. You were saying civilians shouldnt be allowed to defend themselves because they might hurt someone else.

After I brought up the scarcity you moved goal posts to how effective it would. Which I already covered in another post, may just be 25% effective, 10%, 5%. That's still an improvement. Isnt your whole argument that putting restriction on civilian rights to protect their lives would be worth it if it saved one life?

Here is the best of both worlds, let people keep their rights, and help limit the damage. We know armed civilians do stop shootings, so it's not even a debatable to say they could save lives. You want to remove or restrict that right, allowing more shootings to happen.

Reactions: DC_Vol
I just don't get the point. 1 gun will do the trick. You can't carry an arsenal.
Limiting the number of purchases decreases the availability on the secondary market.
Longer waiting periods addresses the type of idiot like the one in Atlanta who bought the gun hours before killing 8 people.

It's a "genius" response that you dont even bother making anymore after GV ran you out of the gun thread with it.
What?????????
GV proved nothing more than the fact that knowledge and wisdom are two entirely different things.

Limiting the number of purchases decreases the availability on the secondary market.
Longer waiting periods addresses the type of idiot like the one in Atlanta who bought the gun hours before killing 8 people.
No it doesnt. All it does is shift the day of the shooting however many days you move it out.

He buys the gun on the 1st, cant pick it up till the 10th. Shooting happens the 10th instead of the 1st. What did that achieve?

Reactions: Ttucke11

So he kills them a few days later. I don’t get it.

Where did I say it was 100% effective? That wasn't even the argument. You were saying civilians shouldnt be allowed to defend themselves because they might hurt someone else.

Thats wrong. I never said that. I simply was mocking the idea that we should let anyone, including potential terrorists, bring their guns on airplanes. How the hell is that a good idea?

oh- I also mocked trump's plan to arm all the lunch ladies and stuff LOL come on that was so dumb it was funny. live a little, enjoy life :)

No it doesnt. All it does is shift the day of the shooting however many days you move it out.

He buys the gun on the 1st, cant pick it up till the 10th. Shooting happens the 10th instead of the 1st. What did that achieve?
You can't be serious.

VN Store

Back