Mass Shooting in Atlanta

The assumption that someone who buys a gun and uses it to kill that same day would commit the same crime days later if they had to wait a few days for the purchase.

Are you saying it couldn’t have happened? Obviously this guy had evil intentions in his heart. So is it really out of the realm of possibility that he would commit the same crime regardless of the day? If so, why?

Are you saying it couldn’t have happened? Obviously this guy had evil intentions in his heart. So is it really out of the realm of possibility that he would commit the same crime regardless of the day? If so, why?
I can't say it wouldn't have happened anyway any more than someone can say it would have.
I do know it would stop some from happening.

Not really. Just like the flow of drugs, there is almost no real way to stop the flow of illegal weapons into this country.
Seems the problem is the reverse.
Beyond Our Borders - Center for American Progress

From 2014 to 2016, across 15 countries in North America, Central America, and the Caribbean, 50,133 guns that originated in the United States were recovered as part of criminal investigations.

I see the point completely escapes you.

I kid.............

kind of.
Satire.

But the question is where do we draw the line? If people want to kill they will. Nothing you or I can do to stop it. If we ban high capacity magazines, criminals will get them illegally. Or they find another way to kill. And then we ban handguns, then bows, then slingshots.

Satire.

But the question is where do we draw the line? If people want to kill they will. Nothing you or I can do to stop it. If we can high capacity magazines, criminals will get the illegally. Or they find another way to kill. And then we ban handguns, then bows, then slingshots.
They actually are pushing knife control laws in some places in England. It really never ends for the people who have no real interest is solving the problem

Reactions: AM64 and hog88
Yet more places on which we can agree to focus.

We are making progress here guys.

When there’s demand there will be supply. The issue here is you want to restrict a fundamental right of law abiding citizens in order to hopefully stop a criminal.

Reactions: AM64
Satire.

But the question is where do we draw the line? If people want to kill they will. Nothing you or I can do to stop it. If we ban high capacity magazines, criminals will get them illegally. Or they find another way to kill. And then we ban handguns, then bows, then slingshots.
Where we draw the line will forever be the debate. As it should be.
Fanatics try to bastardize 2a in an attempt to completely shut down that necessary debate.

When there’s demand there will be supply. The issue here is you want to restrict a fundamental right of law abiding citizens in order to hopefully stop a criminal.
I've never advocated restricting any sane adult's right to legally possess a firearm.

Well I think I read once where every day more than 100 Americans lose their lives to gun violence. From a cost standpoint its like $500 million a year in hospital costs related to gun violence in this country .

That seems like a pretty damned significant health concern to me
That’s about the same number of Americans who die from opioids every day. Is the government trying to take our opioids? Requiring a background check and 3 day waiting period? Nope, they sue the drug companies ( who must now sell more drugs to pay the bill) as a tax grab

The assumption that someone who buys a gun and uses it to kill that same day would commit the same crime days later if they had to wait a few days for the purchase.
Lol.... yeah guys wake up all the time and think... “I’m gonna buy a gun today and then stroll over to Kroger and shoot a bunch of MFs”.....no planning is involved

Not as crazy as armed people being able to defend themselves and stop the crime before the cops can.

You think that trade is going to be a net positive? That their are more lone wolf crazies buying guns the day of, than armed people defending themselves?

Seems the problem is the reverse.
Beyond Our Borders - Center for American Progress

From 2014 to 2016, across 15 countries in North America, Central America, and the Caribbean, 50,133 guns that originated in the United States were recovered as part of criminal investigations.
That's the government for you. CIA been giving our guns out for decades. Pretty sure Obama dumped some guns south of the border in less than controlled situations.

We could reduce deaths, injury and property damage from drunk driving if we took cars and alcohol away from people, that's a much bigger problem in America.
That's why we have a national registry for cars, mandated insurance, mandated testing and license renewal, etc....
That's why alcohol is heavily regulated....have to be 21 to purchase, bartenders responsible for who they serve...etc

That's why we have a national registry for cars, mandated insurance, mandated testing and license renewal, etc....

Only if driven on public roads. I can buy and not register a car and let my niece drive it around my property with no license/insurance.

And as for carrying a pistol off my property, I had to be a certain age, pass mandated testing, and pay permit renewal.

So those things are already in place.

Last edited:
Reactions: LouderVol
I have never understood why folks latched on to the gun thing so hard. The cat is out of the bag, so to speak. It is what it is.

VN Store

Back