Merry Christmas from Gov. Abbott

You’re closer than the others
But
Actually he would not give a **** about government level political issues. He’d ignore it and tell people about how each individual should approach the most high.

How many times did he say “my kingdom isn’t of this world “.
I didn't say anything about government.

However, let's not pretend that the Bible doesn't clearly recognize the necessity of earthly authorities.

I didn't say anything about government.

However, let's not pretend that the Bible doesn't clearly recognize the necessity of earthly authorities.

True
You didn’t but my comment was in response to someone who did and I believe you gave a more accurate answer than the pope.

The context was WWJD.
And if we’re talking about the Yeshua of history then he would not have concerned himself with it. He was here to deal with a different issue.

Edit: every time someone attempted to make it about politics he would steer the conversation back to his mission.
The best example was the question about taxes where he instructed everyone to give to Caesar that which is his and give to the most high what belongs to the most high.

Last edited:
Reactions: AM64 and kiddiedoc
Yes.

"They." The liberals. There to make sure they didn't freeze to death in short order.

Wonder who Jesus, on Christmas Eve, would think was doing the right thing.....

Just saying. I get that there's a genuine political issue here that needs to be dealt with. Don't blame those with sincere desire to see some organization brought to the process and in a way that curbs all of the bad aspects of the flood of immigrants at the border.

But politicians, using them as props. With little to no regard for what little dignity these people have left .... that's just really small, imo.
Why didn't the liberals proactively send busses to the border to bring them to their sanctuary cities. If they're so concerned, seems as if they'd be welcoming them with open arms and thanking Gov Abbott for his assistance.

Reactions: AM64 and hog88
True
You didn’t but my comment was in response to someone who did and I believe you gave a more accurate answer than the pope.

The context was WWJD.
And if we’re talking about the Yeshua of history then he would not have concerned himself with it. He was here to deal with a different issue.

Edit: every time someone attempted to make it about politics he would steer the conversation back to his mission.
The best example was the question about taxes where he instructed everyone to give to Caesar that which is his and give to the most high what belongs to the most high.
Clearly the Yeshua you speak of and the Christ of the New Testament aren’t the same person.

Why didn't the liberals proactively send busses to the border to bring them to their sanctuary cities. If they're so concerned, seems as if they'd be welcoming them with open arms and thanking Gov Abbott for his assistance.

They should have.

Does not justify this gimmick, however.

They should have.

Does not justify this gimmick, however.
It's all completely disgusting. Politicians are all playing the same game with refugees; just a matter of whether they're trying to gain power or keep power.

Liberals are all about taking care of the illegal immigrants until its them that have to do the caring for.
This isn’t a liberal or conservative issue. It’s a human compassion issue. Is there a mention of liberals or conservatives in the Good Samaritan parable??

Reactions: EasternVol
This isn’t a liberal or conservative issue. It’s a human compassion issue. Is there a mention of liberals or conservatives in the Good Samaritan parable??
It is a political issue. The day after Biden was declared the winner the mass migration started. Why? Because they knew the bank was open.

This is a nonsensical reference. The traveler in Jesus's parable had been beaten and stripped. Illegal immigrants are making a conscious decision to leave their own homeland. It is a very easy argument that many, many people around the world are in much worse circumstances, and I don't see Nancy Pelosi, any other politicians, or the woke liberals preaching to us that we need to fly all the starving Africans or India shanty inhabitants to the U.S.

The care of our neighbors is not a political issue.
I'm all for caring for people in need when they try and care for themselves. They're coming here for free stuff. They need to stay and make their country better. If they come here they need to do it legally. You liberal dems don't care about them just like you don't care about AA or lbtqbbq. You want their votes.

As far as politicizing, was it political when Trump was in office and AOC pulled her stunt at the border? Accusing Trump of putting people in cages? The cages Obama built. Lol, it's not political.

This is a nonsensical reference. The traveler in Jesus's parable had been beaten and stripped. Illegal immigrants are making a conscious decision to leave their own homeland. It is a very easy argument that many, many people around the world are in much worse circumstances, and I don't see Nancy Pelosi, any other politicians, or the woke liberals preaching to us that we need to fly all the starving Africans or India shanty inhabitants to the U.S.
Everything with you has to be about “woke” or “owning the libs.”
You think God’s gonna check your voter registration card when you’re standing at the gates, or is He going to consider how you treated those in need?

I'm all for caring for people in need when they try and care for themselves. They're coming here for free stuff. They need to stay and make their country better. If they come here they need to do it legally. You liberal dems don't care about them just like you don't care about AA or lbtqbbq. You want their votes.

As far as politicizing, was it political when Trump was in office and AOC pulled her stunt at the border? Accusing Trump of putting people in cages? The cages Obama built. Lol, it's not political.
I consider myself independent, so don’t label me a liberal dem. Do I label you a trumper?

Additionally, you misrepresent why immigrants even attempt to come here. Go live a year in their homes and then consider whether you might think it best for you and your family to try and find a better place.

Immigrants are no worse about wanting to “live off the government” than natural born citizens who have grown up in a family that seeks to take advantage of the welfare system.

I consider myself independent, so don’t label me a liberal dem. Do I label you a trumper?

Additionally, you misrepresent why immigrants even attempt to come here. Go live a year in their homes and then consider whether you might think it best for you and your family to try and find a better place.

Immigrants are no worse about wanting to “live off the government” than natural born citizens who have grown up in a family that seeks to take advantage of the welfare system.
You are confusing charity with wealth redistribution. If you want to take care of everybody in the world, that's your prerogative. Forcing others to do it through taxation is wrong and it's theft. Also, just because others "live off the government " which is actually living of the backs of others, doesn't make it right. And, if you believe in government taking care of people is its responsibility, you are a liberal whether you no it or not. Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.

You are confusing charity with wealth redistribution. If you want to take care of everybody in the world, that's your prerogative. Forcing others to do it through taxation is wrong and it's theft. Also, just because others "live off the government " which is actually living of the backs of others, doesn't make it right. And, if you believe in government taking care of people is its responsibility, you are a liberal whether you no it or not. Give a man a fish, you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.
Let’s agree to disagree and move on.

VN Store

Back