Milton opt out?

The new USFL-XFL league (do they have a new name yet)? If I had to choose, I'd go with USFL.
Is he skipping the Senior Bowl too?
Can't see him skipping out on the senior bowl with all the scouts that'll be there.

If Bray can bounce around on NFL practice squads, I gotta think that'd be worst case for Milton for awhile. Worse things to be doing than running scout teams for 800 K a year.

Don't think so on XFL Name change. Never been a McMahon fan so I don't pay much attention to it though.

Reactions: KHVol
Solid point. Joe has the physical stature and tools. He may slip into the NFL and bounce around a while.
Or maybe totally Ball out. I always thought maybe he just wasn’t the 💯 perfect fit for a Heupel system. Sort of like a NASCAR vehicle would not do well on a Grand Prix course but would do fine at Bristol. Maybe a pro style playbook will be his Happy Place and we will have another VFL Sunday Star. That is my Johore anyway

Some people don't know football and it shows. Some of the best NFL QBs were at smaller schools or didn't put up great numbers in College. Just support a VFL that wasn't great in the system but wasn't terrible either.

Can't see him skipping out on the senior bowl with all the scouts that'll be there.

If Bray can bounce around on NFL practice squads, I gotta think that'd be worst case for Milton for awhile. Worse things to be doing than running scout teams for 800 K a year.

Don't think so on XFL Name change. Never been a McMahon fan so I don't pay much attention to it though.
It's a merger (presumably 50-50?). I myself like the name "United States Football League" rather than "X Football League."

Bowl games mean nothing anymore unless you get in the top 4 slots (soon to be expanded). They have become glorified spring games. This is kinda of the way it was back in the 30's. Of course I wasn't there, but my Dad was. The '38 team (or was it '39) was and will be forever the only team in college football that went undefeated, untied and unscored upon all season. Shut out EVERY TEAM. Think of that. The National champion was always declared before the bowl games (of which there were few) and damn if we didn't lose the Rose bowl after that stellar season. (Such a Tennessee thing to do). It was really a party and like a pickup softball game at the company picnic.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Bowl games mean nothing anymore unless you get in the top 4 slots (soon to be expanded). They have become glorified spring games. This is kinda of the way it was back in the 30's. Of course I wasn't there, but my Dad was. The '38 team (or was it '39) was and will be forever the only team in college football that went undefeated, untied and unscored upon all season. Shut out EVERY TEAM. Think of that. The National champion was always declared before the bowl games (of which there were few) and damn if we didn't lose the Rose bowl after that stellar season. (Such a Tennessee thing to do). It was really a party and like a pickup softball game at the company picnic.
Are we going to look back at this bowl game win or lose and say it was the biggest deal for the program? Probably not but in the moment a win sure does feel better than a loss. For the fans, bowls mean something or else why watch? For every win a coach gets, it typically has a positive impact on his job security while every loss takes away from it. The players get to showcase themselves on national TV as well. The bowls definitely mean something.

And it was all because of arm strength and athleticism. Neither did any better than Milton has done, and Milton has a better arm than either of these two
Richardson is a much better runner than Milton. That said, Milton will get drafted, and he has the size and arm to succeed in the NFL. But not sure his decision-making is good enough. The list of big-armed QBs who failed to make it in the NFL is a long one.

They care in at least as choosing what Film to focus on
Don't have much film on nice. I feel we will start out trying to run the ball, along with some simple passes, and step it up as the game goes along, I think we will have much more passing to the middle of the field and more down field passes. This year we have mostly thrown screens, with hardly any down field passes that were successful. I think we will see more of the offensive scheme we had last year after the first qtr.

To some this game may not seem important but it is what we will remember last of this season and set the tone going into 2024.

I hope we find a way to win - but with all the defensive players leaving and a offensive backfield with what 1 starter from the year - we are either going to come out of this with the future looking bright or a drop out of the top 25.
It will be a good win for us if we win. A 3 loss sec team and all losses against sec opponents vs. 2nd place team in big 10 or played in the chamionship of big 10. If big 10 is as good as some think Iowa should be favored to win, and we as the underdogs.

Richardson is a much better runner than Milton. That said, Milton will get drafted, and he has the size and arm to succeed in the NFL. But not sure his decision-making is good enough. The list of big-armed QBs who failed to make it in the NFL is a long one.
I agree Rlichardson a much better runner.

VN Store

Back