MTG Calls for Red State Secession

Fair enough.

But it at least sounds like you are more okay with Hawaii leaving than say Texas leaving.
I don't know what gave you that impression. I think the secession talk is just silliness, whether it's southern conservatives or California libs.

I don't know what gave you that impression. I think the secession talk is just silliness, whether it's southern conservatives or California libs.
Well you seemed more than a bit miffed over the “south” seceding. Somewhat indifferent over Hawaii.
Just wondering what the difference was.

Well you seemed more than a bit miffed over the “south” seceding. Somewhat indifferent over Hawaii.
Just wondering what the difference was.

Nobody from Hawaii us jumping up and down about secession right now, sorry I didn't take your hypothetical with the seriousness you thought it deserved.

I wouldn't have minded living in Michigan. I liked living there. I moved to FL because my wife wanted to live there. And honestly, I'm not really a fan of living in FL 9 months out of the year. 3 months the weather is nice, but the traffic and the loonies that are taking over make me reevaluate that decision almost daily.

The weather here is pretty solid from October to May.

Average Temperature in North Redington Beach
The hot season lasts for 4.4 months, from May 24 to October 5, with an average daily high temperature above 85°F. The hottest month of the year in North Redington Beach is August, with an average high of 89°F and low of 79°F.
The cool season lasts for 2.9 months, from December 7 to March 4, with an average daily high temperature below 73°F. The coldest month of the year in North Redington Beach is January, with an average low of 57°F and high of 69°F.

The traffic where I am is not too bad. Worse this time of year with the snowbirds, but all in all not horrible.

I also lived on Lake Michigan and that place was the cold as all get out in the winter. The kind of cold where you breathe through your nose and your nostrils freeze together. I will take my 4.4 months of heat.

Nobody from Hawaii us jumping up and down about secession right now, sorry I didn't take your hypothetical with the seriousness you thought it deserved.
Of course not. And it was certainly a silly hypothetical.

Just a mechanism to discuss actual secession without all the baggage…

I know when I hear warmth, sun, and beaches - I think… Georgia
Yeah I dont get the appeal of the beaches down here but people flock to them.

Plenty of sun and warmth.

We call them half backers. They go down to Florida and decide it's too "florida" for them. So they move halfway back home.

Thank you. It kind of refutes your statement but I do appreciate the link. I think the parameters (just my opinion) are flawed in judging quality of life I can however see how some would agree with them.
Well you’re just not concerned with how other individuals view their place in Society.

You wouldn’t fit in there.

Reactions: hog88
Yeah I dont get the appeal of the beaches down here but people flock to them.

Plenty of sun and warmth.

We call them half backers. They go down to Florida and decide it's too "florida" for them. So they move halfway back home.
No one thinks of Georgia when they hear Sun, Sand, & Surf. Mississippi has beaches too.

I wouldn't have minded living in Michigan. I liked living there. I moved to FL because my wife wanted to live there. And honestly, I'm not really a fan of living in FL 9 months out of the year. 3 months the weather is nice, but the traffic and the loonies that are taking over make me reevaluate that decision almost daily.

Thus, the irony of leaving a blue state for a nice red state. The loonies are also following. Nashville is being ruined by the day.

Ironic.

Reactions: NorthDallas40

VN Store

Back