My mail is suddenly very slow

Probably driven by the holiday season and staffing issues
all year they have had excuses -- UPS and Fedex dont seem to have issues though & if unemployment is really an issue in the US, maybe they should get a job at the post office I always see Were Hiring signs there

all year they have had excuses -- UPS and Fedex dont seem to have issues though & if unemployment is really an issue in the US, maybe they should get a job at the post office I always see Were Hiring signs there
My neighbor is big shot at FedEx. They are having massive issues.

Reactions: Wireless1
My neighbor is big shot at FedEx. They are having massive issues.
why ? I get nobody is shopping in person this year, but really these places should have seen it coming and hired more people. I guess its gonna get worse in a week or two

why ? I get nobody is shopping in person this year, but really these places should have seen it coming and hired more people. I guess its gonna get worse in a week or two
They have been under staffed since the pandemic hit. So they are playing catch up while walking into the busiest time of the year. And most of the people they do hire don't last. It's pretty physical work

They have been under staffed since the pandemic hit. So they are playing catch up while walking into the busiest time of the year. And most of the people they do hire don't last. It's pretty physical work
I bet - once my dad told me, he had never seen a UPS driver live long enough to retire

Last edited:
30f0a11f-dca9-4526-958f-25c4a73c3e56.jpg

I received no mail last Friday then received two deliveries on Saturday followed by no mail again on Monday or Tuesday. Worst week of service I’ve ever seen out of USPS.

I received no mail last Friday then received two deliveries on Saturday followed by no mail again on Monday or Tuesday. Worst week of service I’ve ever seen out of USPS.
You haven't received the $1,000 check that I sent to all the VN Political Forum posters?

Reactions: 508mikey
USPS is better than both UPS AND FedEx

I'm wondering who got the contract for transporting COVID vaccine across the country? Because those deliveries are happening on top of surely the highest volume ever of Christmas package delivery.

Yesterday I heard a thump on my front porch. There were two boxes from Amazon. 15 minutes later I heard a truck stop in front of my house. It was a Budget rental truck, and a guy wearing a Fed Ex sweatshirt over jeans was taking boxes out of the back and delivering to my neighbor across the street. He made 3 stops on my short block alone!

The greater significance of that is, this is an old, low-income, urban block of houses built in the 1920s. Three of the eight houses here 5 years ago have already been razed, and the current residents of the remaining houses will likely be their final residents. This is no hotspot of disposable income!

So if THIS neighborhood is receiving deliveries at that rate, how much moreso in the better (80%) neighborhoods?

Currently have a package stuck in transit in California since 15 December....I ordered it on 11 December. Was supposed to be a Christmas gift for the wife. No telling when it will get here but I kind of needed it this morning.

A package FedEx delivered got in yesterday after 3 days.

Thanks USPS.

Currently have a package stuck in transit in California since 15 December....I ordered it on 11 December. Was supposed to be a Christmas gift for the wife. No telling when it will get here but I kind of needed it this morning.

A package FedEx delivered got in yesterday after 3 days.

Thanks USPS.

I guess you'll just have to be extra kind and loving to your wife until her gift arrives. Which might be a win/win for both of you!

I'm wondering who got the contract for transporting COVID vaccine across the country? Because those deliveries are happening on top of surely the highest volume ever of Christmas package delivery.

Yesterday I heard a thump on my front porch. There were two boxes from Amazon. 15 minutes later I heard a truck stop in front of my house. It was a Budget rental truck, and a guy wearing a Fed Ex sweatshirt over jeans was taking boxes out of the back and delivering to my neighbor across the street. He made 3 stops on my short block alone!

The greater significance of that is, this is an old, low-income, urban block of houses built in the 1920s. Three of the eight houses here 5 years ago have already been razed, and the current residents of the remaining houses will likely be their final residents. This is no hotspot of disposable income!

So if THIS neighborhood is receiving deliveries at that rate, how much moreso in the better (80%) neighborhoods?

Delivery was scheduled to each individual states choice, of course TN will be fedex.

My son in Virginia mailed (not a package) via USPS to me in TN and took 13 days for me to get it (625 miles).....Sent him a Card 10 days ago and as of today he still doesn't have it.

Wife and me ordered online Monday night this week from Hallmark....Nothing we needed by Christmas and free shipping. The confirmation from Hallmark said we would have it between Dec.30-Jan 4. Two days after we ordered it (Wed morning) Fed-X put it on our front porch.

My son in Virginia mailed (not a package) via USPS to me in TN and took 13 days for me to get it (625 miles).....Sent him a Card 10 days ago and as of today he still doesn't have it.

Wife and me ordered online Monday night this week from Hallmark....Nothing we needed by Christmas and free shipping. The confirmation from Hallmark said we would have it between Dec.30-Jan 4. Two days after we ordered it (Wed morning) Fed-X put it on our front porch.

I ordered a couple gifts almost a month ago that shipped like Dec 5. Was suppose to be delivered on Dec 16. On Dec 16 the tracking changed to just “arriving late” and still haven’t received them.

VN Store

Back