Neil Young vs. Joe Rogan

I think it has merit with low risk. Not nearly as much merit as the vaccine, which also is low risk.

Yes. I would agree. It isn't a magic bullet, but it is another tool to combat this thing. And if we're not doing vaccine mandates (which we absolutely should not), then it seems like a reasonable course of action to allow the use for people who do not want to take the vaccine, with the person being fully informed that it is not as effective as the vaccine.

Reactions: Gandalf
During a July 2021 CNN town hall, U.S. President Joe Biden falsely stated that "You’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations," and "If you’re vaccinated, you’re not going to be hospitalized, you’re not going to be in the ICU unit, and you’re not going to die."

That's from the transcript

Can we now censor Biden for spreading false information? Should he still have a platform to spread his lies?

One problem in your train of thought: ONLY AN EXTREMELY SMALL NUMBER OF VACCINATED PEOPLE DIE.

Per the CDC:

Do people die from COVID after getting the COVID-19 vaccine?

New data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests 99.999% of people who were fully vaccinated against COVID-19 did not have a severe breakthrough case that led to hospitalization or death, CNN reports.

• Per the CDC, more than 166 million people have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
  • The new data suggests 1,507 people (about 0.0001%) of those fully vaccinated people died from COVID-19.
  • Meanwhile, 7,101 people of those fully vaccinated people (about 0.005%) were hospitalized from COVID-19.

One problem in your train of thought: ONLY AN EXTREMELY SMALL NUMBER OF VACCINATED PEOPLE DIE.

Per the CDC:

New data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests 99.999% of people who were fully vaccinated against COVID-19 did not have a severe breakthrough case that led to hospitalization or death, CNN reports.

• Per the CDC, more than 166 million people have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
  • The new data suggests 1,507 people (about 0.0001%) of those fully vaccinated people died from COVID-19.
  • Meanwhile, 7,101 people of those fully vaccinated people (about 0.005%) were hospitalized from COVID-19.
half of current hospitalizations are for vaccinated.

Direct quote you avoided

You’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations

His statement is full of outright lies and dangerous misinformation about covid. He should be shut down right?

half of current hospitalizations are for vaccinated.

Direct quote you avoided

His statement is full of outright lies and dangerous misinformation about covid. He should be shut down right?

Biden misspoke and overstated the value of vaccinations. The White House Press Secy addressed this the next day:

White House press secretary Jen Psaki sought to clarify Biden's statement that "you're not going to get Covid if you have these vaccinations."
"Well, what the science says is that 97% of hospitalizations are people who were unvaccinated," Psaki said Thursday. "So yes, there are cases of individuals who are vaccinated, to be absolutely clear, who have gotten Covid -- it is a very small percentage, and a small number of people, and those cases, the vast, vast, vast majority, are asymptomatic and they have, they have minor symptoms, which means that you are largely protected -- that was the point he was trying to make last night."

The most important thing - which is 99.999% accurate -- is that if you get vaccinated, you won't die from COVID.

Pretty straightforward.

Biden misspoke and overstated the value of vaccinations. The White House Press Secy addressed this the next day:

White House press secretary Jen Psaki sought to clarify Biden's statement that "you're not going to get Covid if you have these vaccinations."
"Well, what the science says is that 97% of hospitalizations are people who were unvaccinated," Psaki said Thursday. "So yes, there are cases of individuals who are vaccinated, to be absolutely clear, who have gotten Covid -- it is a very small percentage, and a small number of people, and those cases, the vast, vast, vast majority, are asymptomatic and they have, they have minor symptoms, which means that you are largely protected -- that was the point he was trying to make last night."

The most important thing - which is 99.999% accurate -- is that if you get vaccinated, you won't die from COVID.

Pretty straightforward.

It's a pretty big percentage, fact is they told us the vaccine would stop the spread and they were wrong. I have a friend who got the shots and the boosters religiously, he still got covid. We just to live with it and stop attacking people who don't the vaccine.

I respect your opinion. But, I ask you... would you prefer your surgeon wear a mask during your surgery or not. I've read the literature and it does lean towards masks being a traditional yet scientifically questionable component.

the masks keep from spit entering the surgical. That's the main reason, those doctors talk a lot during a surgery.

Pretty straightforward.
Biden lied. It's pretty easy to admit. Many people have been shut down for much less during this exercise

Per the CDC:

The problem with this data is that it conflates being vaccinated with being vaccinated and getting a breakthrough case. Of the 7,101 hospitalized how many actually caught Covid? Likewise for deaths.

The same approach can be used with the unvaxxed and the percentage who get hospitalized and die goes down significantly if you include the unvaxxed who never contracted Covid.

The other big problem with this data is that it doesn't include some of Delta or any Omicron. Breakthrough cases are considerably higher now; particularly with Omicron.

back on topic - turns out Young had been complaining about Spotify for a while and even took his music off and brought it back at one point. I'm thinking he saw an opportunity to bolt again and get some PR out of it to bump his sales on other platforms. He hasn't stopped Youtube from streaming his stuff and Rogan is also on Youtube.

Pretty straightforward.

Pretty much the same as unvaccinated.

Pretty straightforward.
So your saying we should clone Psaki for everyone and have her fix people's lies and misstatements?

It's a pretty big percentage, fact is they told us the vaccine would stop the spread and they were wrong. I have a friend who got the shots and the boosters religiously, he still got covid. We just to live with it and stop attacking people who don't the vaccine.

.001% a big percentage? Mkay.

I got my shots and got COVID over New Year's. Was more like an allergic reaction w sneezing than death knell.

I got my shots and got COVID over New Year's. Was more like an allergic reaction w sneezing than death knell.

All of the percentages of recovering, vaccinated or not, is 99.99999% so either way, it's something that we shouldn't vilify each other for.

Spotify is in tough spot here. Core business is music. Not Joe. More and more artists are threatening to walk. They are already pissed at Spotify bc they pay the least of any streaming service. Joe making public comments about it now. Spotify stock taking a beating today. Will be interesting.
Sirius/XM will throw the bank at Rogan if Spotify decides to drop him.

The problem with this data is that it conflates being vaccinated with being vaccinated and getting a breakthrough case. Of the 7,101 hospitalized how many actually caught Covid? Likewise for deaths.

The same approach can be used with the unvaxxed and the percentage who get hospitalized and die goes down significantly if you include the unvaxxed who never contracted Covid.

The other big problem with this data is that it doesn't include some of Delta or any Omicron. Breakthrough cases are considerably higher now; particularly with Omicron.

7f47df8b-b6d9-4d22-acab-36375e36b386_text.gif

Spotify is in tough spot here. Core business is music. Not Joe. More and more artists are threatening to walk. They are already pissed at Spotify bc they pay the least of any streaming service. Joe making public comments about it now. Spotify stock taking a beating today. Will be interesting.
If their music business was enough, they wouldn't be trying to force a neverending list of absolutely awful podcast content on me every time I open the app.

Reactions: Majors
If their music business was enough, they wouldn't be trying to force a neverending list of absolutely awful podcast content on me every time I open the app.
Yep, I wish I could block all the podcast content they offer me. They can't be making too much money from a podcast commercial, I fast forward all commercials anyways

I had a minor headache for a day or two, my wife some congestion, and my 4 month old had a slight temperature for a day. Not vaxxed, no reason to be. It's not a death knell for 99+% of anyone.

VN Store

Back