Neil Young vs. Joe Rogan

Stern is a shadow of his former self and it would only be a competition if Rogan were offered the same time slot.
absolutely. I've had satellite radio for over a decade and maybe have listened to 2 hours combined of Stern. In Stern fashion he would give the it's him or me.

The most important thing - which is 99.999% accurate -- is that if you get vaccinated, you won't die from COVID Omicron variant.

Pretty straightforward.

Let me help you out there - FYP.

But wait - so if you only have .001% chance of dying from the omicron variant, if you have gotten vaccinated, how does that compare to your chances if you havent been vaccinated? Ill bet you its about the same.

BONUS QUESTION - what is your chance of a fatal heart failure from myocarditis as an unvaccinated male under 30 years old? now what are your chances having been vaccinated? double vaccinated? Triple?

kushners sold some russian crypto and reinvested in themselves through off shore investment companies. Not hard to do. Spotify is run by a kushner equity firm. Cryptos saving their russian emperor. They are getting great advertisement from the hullabaloo tho.
Are you the new VolProf? What is going on here?

It's just silly, for presenting a dissenting view. There was a time when liberals would have celebrated him for giving the authority a kick in the ass.

It just goes to prove liberals have become the oppressive authority. Neil Young and his ilk have become the machine!

Brett Weinstein made a good point. Which side of history is the correct side is most easily determined in retrospect. It is difficult in real time to determine who will be on the right side of history. However, there is a very easy way to determine who will be on the WRONG side of history in real time. It is the side that is trying to censor and obscure the public conversation. Whether you play this semantic game of "well it isn't really censorship because it's not government... blah blah blah" is really not the point. There is a concerted effort being pushed by the elite and powerful interests to get the number of public vaccine dissenters on information spreading platforms to zero.

And, by the way, when the Surgeon General is calling for Spotify to remove Rogan, that meets your semantic definition of government trying to censor. You can't reasonably say that it isn't attempted censorship when that is happening.

back on topic - turns out Young had been complaining about Spotify for a while and even took his music off and brought it back at one point. I'm thinking he saw an opportunity to bolt again and get some PR out of it to bump his sales on other platforms. He hasn't stopped Youtube from streaming his stuff and Rogan is also on Youtube.
That exists on the other side of the argument as well. I sympathize with Rogan on this one, but you know who the biggest beneficiary of this story is? Joe Rogan. There is hay to be made all the way around.

If Spotify wanted to remove him from the platform, they'd have to buy him out of the contract and he could go independent with, I think, very little impact to his audience size. Hell, his podcast was already large and growing as an independent before his deal with Spotify. I don't think it would be a Bill Simmons leading ESPN type of thing.

That exists on the other side of the argument as well. I sympathize with Rogan on this one, but you know who the biggest beneficiary of this story is? Joe Rogan. There is hay to be made all the way around.

If Spotify wanted to remove him from the platform, they'd have to buy him out of the contract and he could go independent with, I think, very little impact to his audience size. Hell, his podcast was already large and growing as an independent before his deal with Spotify. I don't think it would be a Bill Simmons leading ESPN type of thing.

We are all winners if Neil Young's music is avoided all together.

Reactions: ButchPlz and Vol737
It's just silly, for presenting a dissenting view. There was a time when liberals would have celebrated him for giving the authority a kick in the ass.

It just goes to prove liberals have become the oppressive authority. Neil Young and his ilk have become the machine!

And they don't even see it. The losers failed in their quest for Liberty. Their minds and lives are now owned by the government and large corporations.

And they don't even see it. The losers failed in their quest for Liberty. Their minds and lives are now owned by the government and large corporations.

I heard NY just sold his catalog for $150M

Heh, heh. Yup. The anti-establishment crowd not only cozied up to corporate interest and the .gov., they’re sucking at the teet of it. Yeah, such principled revolutionaries.

Last edited:
Reactions: kiddiedoc
Crazy thing is this could take down Spotify (or change the business model significantly) - not because of Rogan but because so many artists hate it. This could be the straw that broke the camel's back. Young already hated Spotify. Now see some other artists pulling not because of Rogan but because they see momentum

273126973_10220845762997912_8675474942706327161_n.jpg

Doesn't matter. Turns out the "hit piece" incident is a Spotify inside job. The creator of hit piece has connections with spotify (a kushner company). They made an API that scrapes spotify and turns all it's music into "NFT's", which to crypto bros means spotify OWNS the music. Now people have to buy the music as "NFT's". This is how spotify is saving itself. It owns your music now, nothing you can do. Once again the far right extremists are turning the bernie bros, who are now cryto bros, against themselves. How very russian.

Doesn't matter. Turns out the "hit piece" incident is a Spotify inside job. The creator of hit piece has connections with spotify (a kushner company). They made an API that scrapes spotify and turns all it's music into "NFT's", which to crypto bros means spotify OWNS the music. Now people have to buy the music as "NFT's". This is how spotify is saving itself. It owns your music now, nothing you can do. Once again the far right extremists are turning the bernie bros, who are now cryto bros, against themselves. How very russian.
What is a far right extremist?

VN Store

Back