Neil Young vs. Joe Rogan

Remember how the left were always “big pharma this, evil corporations that”, now they’re wholly in bed with them.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
He chose to take his music off a privately owned platform because he didn't agree with the agenda of one of that company's biggest commodities. Do you think he was under any delusion they would actually get rid of Rogan? No. This is exactly what he expected. Like it or not, he did it to make a point. If he has the right to control the distribution if his music, he has the right to pull it from Rogan's platform.
Although he has a right to pull his content, let’s not pretend this wasn’t a “him or me” move. Neil Young is more than likely no different that anyone else that is opposed to Rogan and never listened to a single minute of him. They only know his political stance. Neil pulling his music was his way of telling Spotify to choose, and therefore an attempt to silence yet another right wing informer. News flash..... the right doesn’t agree with the left but I challenge you to find just one left leaning informer that’s been silenced. If you can’t find an equal amount of silenced on both sides, it’s just another attack on free speech because he doesn’t want people to hear both sides of the issues.

Although he has a right to pull his content, let’s not pretend this wasn’t a “him or me” move. Neil Young is more than likely no different that anyone else that is opposed to Rogan and never listened to a single minute of him. They only know his political stance. Neil pulling his music was his way of telling Spotify to choose, and therefore an attempt to silence yet another right wing informer. News flash..... the right doesn’t agree with the left but I challenge you to find just one left leaning informer that’s been silenced. If you can’t find an equal amount of silenced on both sides, it’s just another attack on free speech because he doesn’t want people to hear both sides of the issues.
I never said it wasn't. In fact, I think it was a "him or me" move and young never expected to win that fight.

Reactions: 1vol8
I never said it wasn't. In fact, I think it was a "him or me" move and young never expected to win that fight.
But he attempted regardless of his assumption of outcome. And truth be told I’m not sure he is thinking that way. With so many companies going “woke”, I’d bet my left arm this was subtle push for Spotify to do the same.

But he attempted regardless of his assumption of outcome. And truth be told I’m not sure he is thinking that way. With so many companies going “woke”, I’d bet my left arm this was subtle push for Spotify to do the same.
I doubt it. I don't know what Youngs direct quote to Spotify was, I dont know what his contractual obligations to Spotify are, but he's smart enough to know that they just paid Joe Rogan a truckload of money they aren't going to just forfeit.

There have always been people on both sides of the aisle taking the "I don't like what you're saying so I won't do business with you." Heck, the boycott Store X because they don't say "Merry Christmas" went on for years.

I doubt it. I don't know what Youngs direct quote to Spotify was, I dont know what his contractual obligations to Spotify are, but he's smart enough to know that they just paid Joe Rogan a truckload of money they aren't going to just forfeit.

There have always been people on both sides of the aisle taking the "I don't like what you're saying so I won't do business with you." Heck, the boycott Store X because they don't say "Merry Christmas" went on for years.
Idk man. I see it differently. I think Neil is using his platform to do his part in silencing the right and he took a leap. Think about it. Should Spotify go woke in the near future, Rogan will be canceled and Neil will be known as the man that started it all and therefore giving him a name again. Just like Colin Kapernick. When he started realizing his career was at an end, he kneeled. Thus the beginning of the ongoing fueling of racism we experience to this day. Is Colin known for his Super Bowl appearance/NFL play or his racism?

He’s the next Bill Maher. Meaning the left will be coming for him soon. They’re already upset he admitted the lab leak was very possible

Honest question. Why has the lab leak theory broken down along political lines? Why is it a "right wing conspiracy" to think that a novel virus may have come from a lab in the same city where the first case was reported?

Honest question. Why has the lab leak theory broken down along political lines? Why is it a "right wing conspiracy" to think that a novel virus may have come from a lab in the same city where the first case was reported?

Because the left decided that "Asians ate a bat" is somehow less racist than "the thing that could happen anywhere (a lab leak) happened in China"

Last edited:
Reactions: SamRebel35
Flashback: Neil Young participated in 'Freedom of Speech Tour' before Advocating Censorship of Joe Rogan

Young said in a 2008 interview that people 'have every reason to be Respected for their beliefs'

Musician Neil Young appears to have had a change of heart when it comes to the right of Americans to say how they feel about a particular political issue, even if others don't agree with them.

However, Young's history of speaking out on political issues runs in contrast to his current position on Rogan, considering he participated in a 2006 "Freedom of Speech tour" that traveled the country protesting the then-involvement of U.S. soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan, often to disagreeable crowds.

Flashback: Neil Young participated in 'Freedom of Speech Tour' before advocating censorship of Joe Rogan

Flashback: Neil Young participated in 'Freedom of Speech Tour' before Advocating Censorship of Joe Rogan

Young said in a 2008 interview that people 'have every reason to be Respected for their beliefs'

Musician Neil Young appears to have had a change of heart when it comes to the right of Americans to say how they feel about a particular political issue, even if others don't agree with them.

However, Young's history of speaking out on political issues runs in contrast to his current position on Rogan, considering he participated in a 2006 "Freedom of Speech tour" that traveled the country protesting the then-involvement of U.S. soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan, often to disagreeable crowds.

Flashback: Neil Young participated in 'Freedom of Speech Tour' before advocating censorship of Joe Rogan
Left = Hypocrite

This is actually working out quite well. Maybe only good music will remain.

Did you hear the one about the "Brady Bunch" removing their stuff .... I never would've guessed anybody would listen to such crap as the Brady Bunch music. Don't know how accurate this is .... could be fake. I wasn't aware that they had a catalog of music to share.

be3437d1a1c740e65ba1df8b54c60fbe6b99747a7ab291b077e9d0620ca03c86_1.jpg

VN Store

Back