Neil Young vs. Joe Rogan

The Biden administration tried to get Spotify to remove Rogan?
News to me.
“Our hope is that all major tech platforms — and all major news sources, for that matter — be responsible and be vigilant to ensure the American people have access to accurate information on something as significant as COVID-19,” she said. “It’s a positive step. But we want every platform to continue doing more to call out…misinformation while also uplifting accurate information.”

They've admitted working with Facebook to do this. They want their version of the truth to be the only one told.

They've admitted writing with Facebook to do this. They want their version of the truth to be the only one told.
I saw that. That in no way is asking Spotify to remove Rogan, which was rjd's false claim.

They are trying to minimize harmful misinformation.

Seems to have started before Young.

'A Menace to Public Health': Doctors Demand Spotify Puts an End to Covid Lies on 'Joe Rogan Experience'

Malone espoused various conspiratorial and baseless beliefs, from the idea that “mass formation psychosis” is responsible for people believing in the efficacy of vaccines; to the claim popular among anti-vaxxers that hospitals are financially incentivized to falsely diagnose Covid-19 deaths.

You would acknowledge there's a significant differences between private citizens asking for information to be removed vs the Federal government doing it right?

I saw that. That in now way is asking Spotify to remove Rogan, which was rjd's false claim.

They are trying to minimize harmful misinformation.
She said they must do more than they did it combat this dangerous freedom of speech. She was speaking directly to them not the reporter

Having the discussion is not harmful. We learned how well they fact check after 2 years of straight up lies about this virus

Reactions: McDad
You would acknowledge there's a significant differences between private citizens asking for information to be removed vs the Federal government doing it right?
There is plenty of classified information to which the public is not allowed access.
So there's a long history of controlled information.

But we are talking about harmful misinformation.

There is plenty of classified information to which the public is not allowed access.

No one is being harmed by discussing ideas. You aren't worried about the harm to kids being forced into isolation then masked when ever they dare leave the home. But hey, f those kids and their development right?

Reactions: McDad and kiddiedoc

so you don't see the differences - no surprise.

and this is not classified information

but it appears you see no problem with the Feds telling private companies to censor information that is not classified but has simply been deemed as "dangerous" by the Feds.

Seems to have started before Young.

'A Menace to Public Health': Doctors Demand Spotify Puts an End to Covid Lies on 'Joe Rogan Experience'

Malone espoused various conspiratorial and baseless beliefs, from the idea that “mass formation psychosis” is responsible for people believing in the efficacy of vaccines; to the claim popular among anti-vaxxers that hospitals are financially incentivized to falsely diagnose Covid-19 deaths.
Can you prove that the very intelligent Dr Robert Malone is incorrect?

She said they must do more than they did it combat this dangerous freedom of speech. She was speaking directly to them not the reporter

Having the discussion is not harmful. We learned how well they fact check after 2 years of straight up lies about this virus
I think she said they could do more, not that they must do more....but either way, the government wasn't forcing anything.

No one is being harmed by discussing ideas. You aren't worried about the harm to kids being forced into isolation then masked when ever they dare leave the home. But hey, f those kids and their development right?
Sure people can be harmed by discussion.
And I have great concern for those kids.

I think she said they could do more, not that they must do more....but either way, the government wasn't forcing anything.

they are asking companies to do it. while no "demand" is included they do regulate these companies. "be a shame if something were to happen to your little streaming service"

the request runs counter to the ethos of the First Amendment

so you don't see the differences - no surprise.

and this is not classified information

but it appears you see no problem with the Feds telling private companies to censor information that is not classified but has simply been deemed as "dangerous" by the Feds.
I see it more along the lines of "truth in advertising" laws, or laws which govern the labeling of a product.

This is what needs to happen. YouTube has already been participating in political censorship the past few years. People need to move over to other platforms. This includes musicians, athletes, sports podcasters, etc

Rumble is still a bit political for the most part but at least this gives the conservatives, Republicans and non totalitarian left a place to post their videos where they aren't under threat of censorship.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol

Ummm…are you suggesting we hide opinions the government doesn’t approve of as if it were classified information?

Daniel Ek is an idiot. Anything short of de-platforming Joe Rogan will not appease the left-wing mob so stop trying.

I don't disagree with her. I think every platform should do more.

again you fail to acknowledge the difference between an individual having an opinion (you) and the Federal government telling a private company to censor information.

If the Federal government thought the Dem message about the voting rights bill was dangerous misinformation would you support them telling Spotify and others they should do more to stop Dems from spreading said information?

again you fail to acknowledge the difference between an individual having an opinion (you) and the Federal government telling a private company to censor information.

If the Federal government thought the Dem message about the voting rights bill was dangerous misinformation would you support them telling Spotify and others they should do more to stop Dems from spreading said information?

You're being unfair to Luther. He doesn't have opinions, he just parrots whatever he's told to.

VN Store

Back