New Pay Raise for Fulmer Announced (Merged)

What Do you think about Fulmer's raise?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Couldn't agree more. If Ainge doesn't throw that pick in last year's SEC CG, this is a very different thread.
well all that said, i'm a little tired of the "if's and but's" the past 5-6 years have provided us as UT Fans......and coaches.

UF's not competing with anyone right now. but the guys that FSU might get as secondary prospects, are now the top guys at places at SFL etc....

completely and utterly wrong.

The Clapper is not competitive. He's just riding a gravy train. I've also never seen anyone with the plethora of excuses that Fulmer makes for his consistent failures to have this team ready to play.

Teams in red have won NC since 1998. Teams in Red and blue have won SEC titles since 1998. And Arky has been to SECCG 2 since 1998 (Tn has been 3 times).

All those teams have had coaching changes since 1998.

Again, except for Ark, all of those teams have better instate talent than Tn.

Maybe, but I think the time line for UCF is a lot longer than people realize. They just built a stadium on campus, along with new dorms. This first year was really the only season you could see them trying to become a legit football team, and even then they benefited from a weak C-USA schedule where they failed to beat any decent OOC opponents (including losing to a sturdy Mississippi State team). I think they will suffer greatly when FSU and Miami manage to climb back up the ranks.
Yea I have wondered about the impact of the Bright House stadium on UCFs future. UCF is right there with Miami and FSU as far as the team goes. I could see them beating Miami last year and maybe FSU.

Yeah... I can see what you mean after the eventual SEC and National Champ needed two INT's and two missed FG's to beat UT last year... Fulmer was nowhere close, was he?:eek:k:

In 06, CPF led UT to a close 1 pt loss to the eventual NC then back up to a top 10 ranking before Ainge went down before the LSU and Ark games.:whistling:

Again, I can see why you would think there's "No chance- not in today's SEC".:ermm:

That's probably one of the most baseless comments you've made... and that's saying a ton.

We also lost to a 6-6 football team by 24 points after they lost about 5 players the day before and another 6-6 football team in Berkeley by 14. Not to mention, 59-20...

The Clapper is not competitive. He's just riding a gravy train. I've also never seen anyone with the plethora of excuses that Fulmer makes for his consistent failures to have this team ready to play.

This has to be the most ridiculous post on the entire forum. Fulmer may not be a rah-rah coach, and maybe he's rested on his laurels a little bit, but to dismiss him as uncompetitive is ludicrous.

Without respect to Fulmer, any company with integrity will reward loyal employees especially if they don't expect them to jump ship.

Would you rather be Bama- trying to buy a mercenary's loyalty out of fear that they'll follow their previous pattern?

Absolute nonsense. Well run organizations reward for performance. There is no chance anyone is stealing Fulmer, thus NO reason to give him more money....NONE.

i think if you look, right now, we're building some excellent momentum in recruiting and despite last year's down year, we are comeing off a top 3 class year before last. this year seems to have the makings of another top 10 class....i don't think the recruiting is going to be a long term issue for us.

First of all, I don't think we'll have a Top 10 class this year. Second of all, having a Top 10 class every few years gets you left behind in the SEC these days. There are three or four other SEC teams that are consistently in the Top 10 in recruiting these days. Fulmer's best asset has always been that he's a strong recruiter. However, he's now about the fifth best recruiter in the conference, and he's an atrocious game-day coach.

So being in the SEC CG is not competitive?

This has to be the most ridiculous post on the entire forum. Fulmer may not be a rah-rah coach, and maybe he's rested on his laurels a little bit, but to dismiss him as uncompetitive is ludicrous.

If he were competitive, then it wouldn't have taken his a$$ starting to get scorched from the hot seat to make the changes that needed to be made in the coaching staff. Furthermore, he still didn't get rid of all the dead weight on the coaching staff.

They had better in state talent in the 1990's, also.

Yes. And most of them DID NOT have stable, quality coaches. UGA, Bama, Aub, LSU, and USC all left the doors of their states wide open for UT to come in and cherry pick. UT could truthfully say your school isn't competitive and doesn't have the coach to get there. That can't be said now.

You are a smart guy. I'm not sure how you can't see that.

UT has even changed strategy over the past couple of years. They've started hitting states outside the SEC area harder... they're probably trying to use the angle that the kids can come play against the best competition in the country.

We also lost to a 6-6 football team by 24 points after they lost about 5 players the day before and another 6-6 football team in Berkeley by 14. Not to mention, 59-20...

And we also smoked a team that many thought was the hottest in CFB by the end of the season. And we beat both teams that beat the eventual BCS NC, one of them rather soundly.

Absolute nonsense. Well run organizations reward for performance. There is no chance anyone is stealing Fulmer, thus NO reason to give him more money....NONE.
I wasn't speaking to performance. I was speaking to the explicit point that you shouldn't give someone a raise unless you fear they'll leave.

You pay for performance of course but good companies don't punish performing, loyal employees simply because they don't think they'll leave.

Couldn't agree more. If Ainge doesn't throw that pick in last year's SEC CG, this is a very different thread.
Well, let's play the "if and but" game.

If we don't fumble the football forward in the closing minutes of the USC game to set up a tying field goal... if Vandy doesn't miss that kick... if Kentucky's kisck isn't blocked... this would be a totaly different thread.

I have no use for anyone that believes that last season was a good season for UT football. We got absolutely MANGLED in our two most important rivalry games.

VN Store

Back