Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Why was the court not at midfield?

It was an amazing turnout, esp considering the view for most was awful.
The Carrier Dome at Syracuse has always been set up this way. Having it at mid field would really have a lot of bad seats. At Syracuse, they put up a curtain and were able to use the rest of the field for various other activities.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Sorry, but it really peeves me off that she doesn’t have these girls’ best interest at heart. The whole point is for these kids to get a degree and playing basketball is how they’re paying for it. Mulkey may have won a championship, but it took 6 years and a summer session for one kid to get a degree and both players drafted were cut and Kellie had a top 10 pick who got her degree and was selected for the all rookie team. So who’s really the winner? 🤣
Preach!

I’d take that and she seems to be of good character too.
We don't need a one yr guard in 24-25. We'll have about 6 or 7 since Spear, Wells, and Tess are likely to stay and we'll still have Wynn, lil Darby and Strick. Doesn't Boyd arrive then too? HC would be an unneccesary distraction.

What we DO need is a post or 2.

We don't need a one yr guard in 24-25. We'll have about 6 or 7 since Spear, Wells, and Tess are likely to stay and we'll still have Wynn, lil Darby and Strick. Doesn't Boyd arrive then too? HC would be an unneccesary distraction.

What we DO need is a post or 2.
Don’t disagree she does have elite 8 experience which I think is her best assets but yes we do have many guards

Man I don't get the lack of love for Raven Johnson. Not on any preseason watch lists nor All SEC teams. Paopao on the national watchlist for point guard. Is she even a point guard? Paopao also going to Media Days. And Flau Jae instead of Raven on All SEC? Again, it seems like Mexico this summer didn't happen. Raven was clearly the best guard on a team that FJ didn't make the first cut for. I don't get it.

Man I don't get the lack of love for Raven Johnson. Not on any preseason watch lists nor All SEC teams. Paopao on the national watchlist for point guard. Is she even a point guard? Paopao also going to Media Days. And Flau Jae instead of Raven on All SEC? Again, it seems like Mexico this summer didn't happen. Raven was clearly the best guard on a team that FJ didn't make the first cut for. I don't get it.
No worries. She will get her chance this year to prove whether she belongs on any lists. Entirely up to her, everyone knows how well she runs the floor and facilitates but her offense needs to improve. Flau Jae has not done enough yet to deserve her inclusion on any preseason All SEC lists imo.

I’m watching this contest as we speak and South Carolina will entrench themselves in the 2nd-4th place range during SEC play and will play Tennessee for the SEC championship if they can get past LSU. The reason I say this is based on what I’m seeing from South Carolina and what I anticipate we’ll get from LSU a team that as Tess Darby pointed out during SEC media day “the LVs beat in the SEC tourney and felt they should’ve played for a Nat’l championship” are facing the best overall LVs team in approximately a decade!
Tennessee right now with a healthy team is my pick to win the SEC. Rickea J, Destinee Wells, and Jewel Spear with the returning core is built to get this program back atop the SEC this season.
Good luck to South Carolina, this team is going to be a formidable opponent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rooster1
I’m watching this contest as we speak and South Carolina will entrench themselves in the 2nd-4th place range during SEC play and will play Tennessee for the SEC championship if they can get past LSU. The reason I say this is based on what I’m seeing from South Carolina and what I anticipate we’ll get from LSU a team that as Tess Darby pointed at during SEC media day “the LVs beat in the SEC tourney and felt they should’ve played for a Nat’l championship” are facing the best overall LVs team in approximately a decade!
Tennessee right now with a healthy team is my pick to win the SEC. Rickea J, Destinee Wells, and Jewel Spear with the returning core is built to get this program back atop the SEC this season.
Good luck to South Carolina, this team is going to be a formidable opponent.

I'm sitting here in the stands watching to me SC has a very good team and will very difficult out. Everyone one will play only 11 on the roster.

We will have to wait to see it, yet if healthy Tennessee this season will just be different. I don’t expect much of anything in the first exhibition. This Rutgers squad that is getting beat by South Carolina, the LVs beat by 40 last season and returns it core plus a WNBA lottery pick, two #1 elite options via the portal, and an all-time leading shot blocker who will be able to slowly return to action behind a veteran front-court trio of juniors that played above their experience/expectations on a Sweet 16 team. The exhibition against team USA will be interesting. I feel Tennessee should come out and really get after it for atleast the 1st half of action.
Good luck again to South Carolina, they will be a formidable opponent.

VN Store

Back