Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

The guard play was shakey at best. She let the freshman make many mistakes ofc to get film. But look at the plus minus. Doesn’t bode well for the young ones… Milaysia Fulwiley can score but has a lot to learn b4 she really makes an impact.

This is gonna be a HEAVY post reliant team. The efficiency numbers are great for Cardosa Feagin and Watkins. Esp for as few mins as they played

The guard play was shakey at best. She let the freshman make many mistakes ofc to get film. But look at the plus minus. Doesn’t bode well for the young ones… Milaysia Fulwiley can score but has a lot to learn b4 she really makes an impact.

This is gonna be a HEAVY post reliant team. The efficiency numbers are great for Cardosa Feagin and Watkins. Esp for as few mins as they played
Except that they shoot the 3 willingly and are more than able from there as well this year. Say what you want about Fulwiley, she scored 16 in her first college game and hit 4 threes plus showed skills that are off the charts as far as running the floor and getting to the hoop. She should be a quick learner, I think DS was right, she is a generational talent.

Cardoso is likely the best center in the SEC, maybe the nation tbh, she is that good now. Raven is an elite PG, and Watkins, Kitts and Feagin will be very productive this year.

PaoPao cannot play defense at all, she better be lights out on offense or Fulwiley and T. Johnson gonna eat into her minutes. She looks so below average on defense tbh, a liability really imo. Watch her play defense, flat footed and arms always down on her sides, she has no chance at the WNBA and I say that with reservation but it is what it is….

I haven’t mentioned Hall yet, I think she has taken another step up, she looked really good on offense and we know her D is great. I was happy to see Walker play, wanted to evaluate her game. She is a big body and a very energetic defender who blocks out well. She will be solid in her minutes spelling Cardoso, but Watkins will also play backup center. Feagin will either flip the switch on defense/rebounding or her minutes will become limited no matter how good her offense is, and it’s really good.

Kitts is a breakout player this year, and as far as guard play, it looks like Raven is back to her old form and 100% now, 9 assists in 20 minutes and she absolutely gets the offense moving in transition at breakneck speed, she is starting to get her mojo at this level and her shooting is improving quickly.

With all the new players and of course an all new starting 5, this team will struggle at times in the first 1/3 of the season, so I expect some losses as they figure it out. I also expect that by January this team will be ready to compete with anyone as long as injuries do not crop up, I can see SC beating Uconn by the time they play.

Last edited:
Except that they shoot the 3 willingly and are more than able from there as well this year. Say what you want about Fulwiley, she scored 16 in her first college game and hit 4 threes plus showed skills that are off the charts as far as running the floor and getting to the hoop. She should be a quick learner, I think DS was right, she is a generational talent.

Cardoso is likely the best center in the SEC, maybe the nation tbh, she is that good now. Raven is an elite PG, and Watkins, Kitts and Feagin will be very productive this year.

PaoPao cannot play defense at all, she better be lights out on offense or Fulwiley and T. Johnson gonna eat into her minutes. She looks so below average on defense tbh, a liability really imo. Watch her play defense, flat footed and arms always down on her sides, she has no chance at the WNBA and I say that with reservation but it is what it is….

I haven’t mentioned Hall yet, I think she has taken another step up, she looked really good on offense and we know her D is great. I was happy to see Walker play, wanted to evaluate her game. She is a big body and a very energetic defender who blocks out well. She will be solid in her minutes spelling Cardoso, but Watkins will also play backup center. Feagin will either flip the switch on defense/rebounding or her minutes will become limited no matter how good her offense is, and it’s really good.

Kitts is a breakout player this year, and as far as guard play, it looks like Raven is back to her old form and 100% now, 9 assists in 20 minutes and she absolutely gets the offense moving in transition at breakneck speed, she is starting to get her mojo at this level and her shooting is improving quickly.

With all the new players and of course an all new starting 5, this team will struggle at times in the first 1/3 of the season, so I expect some losses as they figure it out. I also expect that by January this team will be ready to compete with anyone as long as injuries do not crop up, I can see SC beating Uconn by the time they play.

Yup you did it ... you fell for the trap lol ... I know you feel better after that dissertation

Agreed, it was easy to see Fulwiley was really, really good when she played with elite players last year.

Reactions: Rooster1
Cardosa is projected as the 4th overall pick in the WNBA draft. She didn't make first team All American although a player who hasn't played in 1 1/2 years did.
Angel and Brink make it, but Cardosa and RIckea, both by a country mile the outstanding college players of the summer, do not. Yet Rickea is also above Angel in projected drafts. It's obvious these calls are based on hype and last yr's numbers and natty. But WNBA scouts don't play.

LSU isnt going to have any problems...didnt LSU beat Rutgets by 40 to 50. Let's not already start before LSU plays a real game. Schedule was Charmin soft last year and won the title. Mulkey does what Mulkey does, apparently has a sweet tooth with all those cupcakes.

LSU does not look like the #1 team in the country, whether it’s an exhibition or not. And no LSU didn’t beat Rutgers by anything.
If Tennessee comes out and looks this sluggish next Monday or even struggles against Team USA I doubt many folks will give them the benefit of the doubt.

It doesn’t matter what Tennessee or LSU did last season (despite the LVs going 1-1 in head to head games) this is a new year. LSU lack of a challenging non-conference schedule will certainly have consequences against better SEC competition THIS season.

I haven’t looked at the box score but it won’t tell you anything about this performance. LSU has a lot of work to do. They have huge voids to fill with the losses of their former starters at PG, PF, and G.

Last edited:
LSU isnt going to have any problems...didnt LSU beat Rutgets by 40 to 50. Let's not already start before LSU plays a real game. Schedule was Charmin soft last year and won the title. Mulkey does what Mulkey does, apparently has a sweet tooth with all those cupcakes.

No... that was South Carolina that had that performance that's the first game LSU has played

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
4 of 19 from the three for LSU let us hope that is one of their weaknesses as I expected it might be. They will be strong inside and powerful on the boards. To win you need them to miss from the perimeter. They do not seem to have any consistent three point shooters.

Last edited:
Not a good performance from the defending champions from any standpoint. Nothing stood out as a strength for them in this game. They won’t have an advantage against competitive teams in the post or perimeter.
Last season they thrive off the homecourt advantage and played their toughest competition at home for the most part during conference play except the trip to South Carolina where they were thoroughly dominated.

Simply put, LSU looks like a Top 15 opposed to a Top 5 team with this roster. These players don’t seem to compliment or fit each other skill-set. They played ridiculously slow for a proclaimed super team. We need to call this performance what it was.

Last edited:
The road is not going to be fun this season in the SEC. Unlike last season going to be several places where it will be tough to get a win. Tennessee, Miss St, Ole Miss, SC, LSU, Texas A&M, Georgia Alabama and Arkansas will all be tough places to win this season. Kentucky, Missouri, Florida, Auburn, and Vandy should be the easier places to get a win.

Were on the road to SC, Miss St, Ole Miss, Georgia, Auburn, Texas A&M, Vandy, and Alabama.
LSU plays at Tennessee, Ole Miss, Auburn, Alabama, Miss St, Texas A&M. Georgia, and Vanderbilt

I think every SEC team will have at least three league losses this season.

VN Store

Back