Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

The road is not going to be fun this season in the SEC. Unlike last season going to be several places where it will be tough to get a win. Tennessee, Miss St, Ole Miss, SC, LSU, Texas A&M, Georgia Alabama and Arkansas will all be tough places to win this season. Kentucky, Missouri, Florida, Auburn, and Vandy should be the easier places to get a win.

Were on the road to SC, Miss St, Ole Miss, Georgia, Auburn, Texas A&M, Vandy, and Alabama.
LSU plays at Tennessee, Ole Miss, Auburn, Alabama, Miss St, Texas A&M. Georgia, and Vanderbilt

I think every SEC team will have at least three league losses this season.
Now that you mention it, I was looking at our schedule and we have 13 games on Sunday. Our home court advantage may not be what it could be when we play against LSU, at noon on a Sunday. I realize this may be because of tv.

Her game is beyond the highlights though. She’s obviously severely underrated…
I see what you did there….and I am in agreement. SC probably cannot expect her to be anywhere in the Cardoso or Boston or Wilson molds to be sure. I personally don’t see anything in her film as a would be starting 5 that gets me excited tbh, though as someone else mentioned she should be a good role player at the least if she develops.

Reactions: Mr.Pivot
On a different note, SC just hosted Edwards this past weekend on her final official visit. I have not seen any updates, very quiet on that front, not sure what to make of that if anything.

I see what you did there….and I am in agreement. SC probably cannot expect her to be anywhere in the Cardoso or Boston or Wilson molds to be sure. I personally don’t see anything in her film as a would be starting 5 that gets me excited tbh, though as someone else mentioned she should be a good role player at the least if she develops.
I have seen her play before yes she needs to get stronger and she will, But prior to the injury she was ranked the #12 ranked recruit in the country and the #1 post player as in true center in the class. We can all agree to disagree and i do respect you post. Tac is 6-6 and very athletic and is pretty much unstoppable in the low post. Like i said she missed much of last season due to and injury. I will say this if she is fully recovered she will be first team AA and on the MDA team.

Interesting. I don’t think she’ll be able to enter the portal until March and be looking for a new team at that time.

I think we were in the running when she committed.

She’s interesting bc she’s another 6’5 girl that wants to be a guard and thought Arkansas’s 5 out would allow that but it didn’t

She’s interesting bc she’s another 6’5 girl that wants to be a guard and thought Arkansas’s 5 out would allow that but it didn’t

Their biggest issue has been rebounding. They need the big players they have to grab a board and she was never gonna be that player.

She grew too late and I think she’ll always be 5’8” in her head which is a shame. I do not think we will reach out to her. She isn’t the kind of player we are looking for unless she is truly committed to becoming a more physical interior player like Jackson.

She just wants to float and bomb 3s and that is a waste of her frame. Not unlike Pissott.

Their biggest issue has been rebounding. They need the big players they have to grab a board and she was never gonna be that player.

She grew too late and I think she’ll always be 5’8” in her head which is a shame. I do not think we will reach out to her. She isn’t the kind of player we are looking for unless she is truly committed to becoming a more physical interior player like Jackson.

She just wants to float and bomb 3s and that is a waste of her frame. Not unlike Pissott.

VOlBall09: Not sure why she waited this long to get into the portal ?

Unbelievable. Not again. This is just brutal.

This is so sad to see all these young women being affected by this disease. I am SO glad they can make an impact. This is why women in visible coaching positions is so important. These are real women experiencing women's issues in real time. It’s important to bring awareness to the disease and the need for better understanding of where and why cancers start and how to prevent them.

My prayers are with Brooke, my heart has been heavy lately with the passing of our former Lady Vols. It’s just a tough time in the sport.

ESPN sent a notification about the reaction to LSU getting a new locker room..do they do that for everyone?

As the current national champions, LSU is getting the coverage they've earned IMO. And it's a big deal to get a new, lavish locker room, and I'm sure LSU put a lot of money into it and was proud to give ESPN the story. Unfortunately, there's probably not a lot whole lot of universities spending tons of money on women's locker rooms these days.

I
As the current national champions, LSU is getting the coverage they've earned IMO. And it's a big deal to get a new, lavish locker room, and I'm sure LSU put a lot of money into it and was proud to give ESPN the story. Unfortunately, there's probably not a lot whole lot of universities spending tons of money on women's locker rooms these days.
I was only wondering because I think we got a redo in the locker room and I think some other teams did too n was just wondering but you right they won so of course it’d be headlining they got a new locker room

I’m lukewarm on Tac……I don’t get excited when I watch her film.
I saw her play in a few games, and she is legit. She was rated much higher before getting injured her junior year. She is still ranked by Prospect Nation as the 6th best player in the class. She will be an All American before she leaves SC. The highlight video shows her going up against the best players in the nation, and in those games, she held her own.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr.Pivot and djtee
ESPN sent a notification about the reaction to LSU getting a new locker room..do they do that for everyone?
Anything the SEC does ESPN will jump on. They treat teams as if they are the ESPN conference, and has since they bought the network. The ESPN bias to UConn was really never there as many think, but in reality, they hate us, even though they are based in UConn territory. Money talks, and the SEC has it, and ESPN will roll over anyone to get it.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back