Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Anything the SEC does ESPN will jump on. They treat teams as if they are the ESPN conference, and has since they bought the network. The ESPN bias to UConn was really never there as many think, but in reality, they hate us, even though they are based in UConn territory. Money talks, and the SEC has it, and ESPN will roll over anyone to get it.
If it helps you sleep at night, I guess lol. Fact is, ESPN hypes up whatever is "hot" at the moment. Whether SEC, PAC12 at its height, or UConn.

ESPN sent a notification about the reaction to LSU getting a new locker room..do they do that for everyone?
I laughed so hard at that new locker room tour. They did spend a ton and came out with exactly the Purple Palace of Tacky you'd expect from ole Kim.

Reactions: olddog
Anything the SEC does ESPN will jump on. They treat teams as if they are the ESPN conference, and has since they bought the network. The ESPN bias to UConn was really never there as many think, but in reality, they hate us, even though they are based in UConn territory. Money talks, and the SEC has it, and ESPN will roll over anyone to get it.
I mean it’s a good recruiting tactic

I'm happy for the LSU program finally getting some new digs. They're a little too flashy for my taste, but I'm not a college-age kid. Those players obviously love it, so that's all that matters. Good for them.

I hope somewhere in their space there's a photo or memento of Coach Sue Gunter. She gave her all to that program, and was one of the greats. For Sue: 💜💛

Dayum… kinda salty there, Storrs. 🤙

I saw her play in a few games, and she is legit. She was rated much higher before getting injured her junior year. She is still ranked by Prospect Nation as the 6th best player in the class. She will be an All American before she leaves SC. The highlight video shows her going up against the best players in the nation, and in those games, she held her own.

Thank you i as well saw her play she has game and is a force on both ends of the court

Dayum… kinda salty there, Storrs. 🤙
Nah, it doesn't bother me. Right now the SEC is the best conference, and I'm just pointing out that ESPN will follow anyone that can put the highlight on them. Don't you notice that on their APP they show the interviews from every coach in the SEC from media day, but not one from any other team or conference. As I said, I don't care because we can get all our interviews on YouTube. Since our move back to the Big East, they have done a great job of distancing us because the conference has the TV deal with FOX. The only thing I care about is being able to watch every one of their games, be it ESPN, FOX, CBSSN, or SNY. We all want to see our teams, and that's what I really want, and quite frankly, need. BTW, I love salt, even though my Cardiologist does not.

If it helps you sleep at night, I guess lol. Fact is, ESPN hypes up whatever is "hot" at the moment. Whether SEC, PAC12 at its height, or UConn.
Truth. But going back about 10-20 years ESPN was over populated with Syracuse grads and they really resented UConn being followed by the city papers (post, Daily News, etc.) and not cuse. they didn't realize the papers were bought by commuters riding the trains in from CT while people from upstate don't buy city papers.

We have frequent conversations on whether a TN HS woman athlete is worthy of a basketball scholarship. Every player but one. the center who only has played basketball for three years, on Carson Newman's roster scored over 1000 pts in HS and many of them were recognized on the list of best in state in their classification. They were all recruited, but by coaches who could evaluate that their skills/talent were desirable for the schedule they play.

Big day of basketball may check in on Vandy and Pissott for a few minutes and of course a couple of big games today.

Last edited:
Watching Duke play Richmond since it is the first game of the day. Duke looks small have made a couple of threes to take a 13 to 6 lead. Massey has Duke at 22 and Richmond at 110. I don't think Duke is the 22nd best team they would really have it tough in the SEC.

Reactions: VolBall09

VN Store

Back