Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

They were picked to finish last. Nothing changed.
Tennessee could not play Rickea Jackson or Jewel Spear and still beat Vanderbilt.

Very fast paced game. At halftime it's Vandy 66 Kennesaw St 29.
Justine with 4 points which includes one 3 point shot.
She don't really fit in to what they are trying to do and she is still soft. She shot an air ball from about fifteen feet and don't have one rebound in the game. Not a starter but getting quite a few minutes.

Vandy had projected starters miss the entire year because of injuries last year.
They won't finish last this year.
Cambridge is good and that transfer that was rated number 12 in her class is good also. If they keep playing defense like they are today they will win some SEC games.

Ole Miss is small.
They have to be disruptive and aggressive defensively to compete with the big 3 Tennessee, South Carolina, and LSU!

She don't really fit in to what they are trying to do and she is still soft. She shot an air ball from about fifteen feet and don't have one rebound in the game. Not a starter but getting quite a few minutes.
I can finally give my true feelings about her game since she’s not here anymore and nobody cares. She’s too slow, not strong enough, can’t create her own shot, has trouble dribbling when trying to make a move, she doesn’t go up strong enough, but if u leave her open she can hit the 3.

Reactions: vols90
Notre Dame’s freshman PG is looking like the second coming of Skylar Diggins-Smith- which is crazy because they already have Miles who is sidelined. She has game! ND truly is Guard U.

This is gonna be a really good game.

Reactions: travis929
Do u think our small guards will have a problem with their size and the guard position?

What big guards do you see? Give me a list. I’m watching Notre Dame vs South Carolina.. their starting guards are all 5’8.
Tennessee has Wells, Powell 5’6 with Spear 5’10 and Wynn 5’11.
All strong built players so while the PGs are short they aren’t small by college standards.
The most difficult matchups for TN all last season were Morris at LSU and Moore at Virginia Tech.
Both are 5’6 on a good day.. our guards can match skill for skill now size (isn’t) wasn’t ever the problem!

I can finally give my true feelings about her game since she’s not here anymore and nobody cares. She’s too slow, not strong enough, can’t create her own shot, has trouble dribbling when trying to make a move, she doesn’t go up strong enough, but if u leave her open she can hit the 3.
A taller version of Tess except Tess rebounds more.

What big guards do you see? Give me a list. I’m watching Notre Dame vs South Carolina.. their starting guards are all 5’8.
Tennessee has Wells, Powell 5’6 with Spear 5’10 and Wynn 5’11.
All strong built players so while the PGs are short they aren’t small by college standards.
The most difficult matchups for TN all last season were Morris at LSU and Moore at Virginia Tech.
Both are 5’6 on a good day.. our guards can match skill for skill now size (isn’t) wasn’t ever the problem!
I’m talking about the Pg’s Wells, Powell and Darby, their guards are 5’11 and up, I’m just asking if u think it will be an issue?

The game LV fans really should watch.

From other SEC early contests:
Ole Miss is a contender but lacks size.
Vanderbilt is not going to contend with the Top 10 teams in this conference.
The Vanderbilt team I saw today will contend in a lot of games and I despise Vandy, but I know a team that is active on defense when I see one and they are way further along on defense than we are. They totally took Kenesaw State out of any offense and Kenesaw is better than Carson Newman for sure since they are a D1 school. I will be interested to see how Vandy plays going forward they have Oklahoma next will be a good testing point for them.

25 to 24 this game is going to go down to the end. Hildago was a teammate of Pissott on the AAU team and I knew she was special certainly playing well today.

Reactions: LurkerExposed
I’m talking about the Pg’s Wells, Powell and Darby, their guards are 5’11 and up, I’m just asking if u think it will be an issue?

That question isn’t making sense to me.
What guards are 5’11 and up? For example #23 in the starting lineup was listed as 5’9.
The height of the PGs of both of these teams SC and ND, are an inch or two taller than Wells and Powell.
Wynn plays PG in situations and she is 5’11.
Height won’t be an issue.

VN Store

Back