Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

That question isn’t making sense to me.
What guards are 5’11 and up? For example #23 in the starting lineup was listed as 5’9.
The height of the PGs of both of these teams SC and ND, are an inch or two taller than Wells and Powell.
Wynn plays PG in situations and she is 5’11.
Height won’t be an issue.
Talking about Ole Miss

The Vanderbilt team I saw today will contend in a lot of games and I despise Vandy, but I know a team that is active on defense when I see one and they are way further along on defense than we are. They totally took Kenesaw State out of any offense and Kenesaw is better than Carson Newman for sure since they are a D1 school. I will be interested to see how Vandy plays going forward they have Oklahoma next will be a good testing point for them.

I’ve been off that subject, but comparing Vanderbilt to Tennessee in any way is comical. That’s apples and oranges. Tennessee is going to beat the brakes off that team.

Reactions: vols90
Talking about Ole Miss

Okay I got you. I think their heights are not a factor. They don’t play big.
Powell didn’t seem to have trouble against Dean when she played at Florida. Wells is a very solid ball handler.
She will be ready to go. Wynn is as athletic or more than any guard on OM. Truth is, playing Wynn early and often could be a game changer for the LVs.

Reactions: ruvol
Okay I got you. I think their heights are not accurate.
Powell didn’t seem to have trouble against Dean when she played at Florida. Wells is a very solid ball handler.
She will be ready to go. Wynn is as athletic or more than any guard on OM. Truth is, playing Wynn early and often could be a game changer for the LVs.
I think we should be fine, just wondering how we will do against long athletic Pg’s, but we will see as the season goes on.

I’ve been off that subject, but comparing Vanderbilt to Tennessee in any way is comical. That’s apples and oranges. Tennessee is going to beat the brakes off that team.
Not comparing them to Tennessee and that road game looks to be a close one unless we get better on defense. I don't think Vanderbilt is going to finish last from what I saw today. They could win five or six SEC games.

Good showing by South Carolina.. too much trash talking by the small ND freshman PG and it backfired quickly.
Decent player but lesson learned game one.
Also looking ahead, South Carolina has no way that can guard Rickea Jackson.
She could score 30 points against them.

South Carolina isn’t going anywhere, folks. This year they have more variety (3-pt shooting, slashing, speed, etc) in their guard play AND the defense/rebounding is still a strong point. Whew.
They look pretty good for sure. Not sure their guard play would look as impressive with Miles and KK in the game for ND. Nevertheless they’ll beat a lot of teams this year.

Good showing by South Carolina.. too much trash talking by the small ND freshman PG and it backfired quickly.
Decent player but lesson learned game one.
Also looking ahead, South Carolina has no way that can guard Rickea Jackson.
She could score 30 points against them.
Mismatches will go both ways, it’s just who can exploit the other teams weaknesses more.

Reactions: JustaChicken
How do u think our bench compares?

Tamari Key decides this question, so right now it’s no pun intended a “question mark”.
A player like SC freshman is a player that Wynn can guard.
She is straight isolation. Wynn can matchup up physically. Darby doesn’t bring much against SC. Powell will certainly be able to play and have an advantage against their other freshman guard coming off the bench.
Striplin or Hollingshead matches up well with #20 and Walker off SC bench.
Watkins is a player that TN will have to find a matchup for off their bench. If Key is healthy by then, Hollingshead matches up with Watkins off the bench.
It’s not one sided as some negaVols will make it seem with SC bench and TN bench.

I think we can match up really well with a starting five we have and maybe top seven and then they get better after that cause looks like they go ten deep without losing anything. The starting five I'm talking about would be Jill, Rickea, Sarah, Jewell, and either Powell or Wells who seem to be playing about even at this time. If Tamari can suddenly get back and the way Wynn is playing we go a real good nine players. To me Tess, Ace, and Edie are spot players just can't defend well enough and doubt they ever will be able to do so. Karoline playing fairly good defense can't make a shot thus far.

Tamari Key decides this question, so right now it’s no pun intended a “question mark”.
A player like SC freshman is a player that Wynn can guard.
She is straight isolation. Wynn can matchup up physically. Darby doesn’t bring much against SC. Powell will certainly be able to play and have an advantage against their other freshman guard coming off the bench.
Striplin or Hollingshead matches up well with #20 and Walker off SC bench.
Watkins is a player that TN will have to watch off their bench.
It’s not one sided as some negaVols will make it seem with SC bench and TN bench.
Do U think our bench will outscore their bench?

South Carolina isn’t going anywhere, folks. This year they have more variety (3-pt shooting, slashing, speed, etc) in their guard play AND the defense/rebounding is still a strong point. Whew.
They couldn't shoot the three last season what cost them the title. They have some shooters this season.

VN Store

Back