Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Probably, but off their performance against ND, I would put South Carolina at #1.
Just wait until you see UCONN play. I caught a glimpse of their exhibition and even though it was just that, an exhibition….. the title is their’s to lose this year. I can’t wait for their season matchup, both teams should be hitting their stride by then.

Just wait until you see UCONN play. I caught a glimpse of their exhibition and even though it was just that, an exhibition….. the title is their’s to lose this year. I can’t wait for their season matchup, both teams should be hitting their stride by then.
That’s who I thought should be number one, with 3 top 10 players. But I hope they don’t win since I hate them along with Sc.

WCB is wide open this year. There is no clear favorite. South Carolina is beatable. Iowa is beatable. UConn is beatable. UCLA is beatable. Utah is beatable.
We just saw LSU is clearly beatable.

Tennessee own enemy will be themselves if they can’t it together this year. No team will beat them with talent. If it doesn’t happen this season then it’s a flaw (s) in the system.

I think that LSU break a life time record for #1 rank loosing first game.
Sadly, no. It's seared on LV fans memories.

The '99 LVs not only were #1 ranked, but also coming off the 39-0 season when they lost the first game of the season on the road to Carolyn Peck and Purdue. That loss jinxed the whole season, which was Chamique and Kellie's Sr season. The first game loss (not loose) was bookended by the soul sucking upset to Duke in the Regional Final which ended their 3 straight natty run and their careers.

What an opening day! Colorado looked so connected and poised out there.

LSU will be fine. They’re still one of my FF picks. I do think they missed Alexis Morris and LaDazhia Williams who were HUGE for them last season - esp in the NCAA tournament. Alexis Morris bailed that team out so many times.

LSU really broke mentally. Thought they'd make a second half run but they seemed to run completely out of will. Kim couldn't change that and in fact gave up pretty easily herself. Interesting to see where they go from here.

That was such an amazing victory for Colorado. I wonder if it is the biggest win in program history? I didn't get to watch the game so they may have said, but I didn't hear it. Beating the #1 national title defending team ON THE ROAD, at the raucous LSU, to open your season?

Doesn't get much better than that. Sadly, this may end up helping LSU get back to focusing more on basketball.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Sadly, no. It's seared on LV fans memories.

The '99 LVs not only were #1 ranked, but also coming off the 39-0 season when they lost the first game of the season on the road to Carolyn Peck and Purdue. That loss jinxed the whole season, which was Chamique and Kellie's Sr season. The first game loss (not loose) was bookended by the soul sucking upset to Duke in the Regional Final which ended their 3 straight natty run and their careers.

Actually, the Lady Vols opened that season with a home win over Portland. The loss at Purdue was their second game...

WCB is wide open this year. There is no clear favorite. South Carolina is beatable. Iowa is beatable. UConn is beatable. UCLA is beatable. Utah is beatable.
We just saw LSU is clearly beatable.

Tennessee own enemy will be themselves if they can’t it together this year. No team will beat them with talent. If it doesn’t happen this season then it’s a flaw (s) in the system.
I’m glad we don’t play UCONN they are about to boat race the field if they stay healthy..

That was such an amazing victory for Colorado. I wonder if it is the biggest win in program history? I didn't get to watch the game so they may have said, but I didn't hear it. Beating the #1 national title defending team ON THE ROAD, at the raucous LSU, to open your season?

Doesn't get much better than that. Sadly, this may end up helping LSU get back to focusing more on basketball.
It was actually a neutral site in Vegas. Still huge for the extremely well coached, dialed in Buffs.

LSU sort of was who we knew they were. HVL a high volume shooter with mixed effectiveness, nice assists but also lots of t.o.s. Angel sort of a clumsy mess who somehow ekes out a double double bc she's relentless and bc over the back apparently doesn't apply to her. Morrow looked like she wandered into the wrong gym, then got hurt. Flae Jae disappeared for long stretches. Lucky for them, Williams completed what was an incredible freshman debut day or they would have lost by 30.

The surprise to me was how bad their defense was and how easily they all, including Kim, gave up and chalked it up to a wake up call.

I’m glad we don’t play UCONN they are about to boat race the field if they stay healthy..

You can be glad it’s your opinion. Mine is based on reality, same thing was said last season about them getting healthy and being picked to get to the Final 4.
They got boat race in the Sweet 16.
Again, it’s wide open.

Reactions: JustaChicken
I think that LSU break a life time record for #1 rank loosing first game. Kim didn't realize that Colorado is not a junior high when she scheduled them 🤔
Jesus, could You ever get it together? Your stuff is always off the edge. Forgive me, I tried for years here, but I am saying it now, you are the most obtuse poster I have had to endure (mud cat is close second) while I am still able to be a guest on this wonderful site.

Last edited:
Jesus, could You ever get it together? Your stuff is always off the edge. Forgive me, I tried for years here, but I am saying it now, you are the most obtuse poster I have had to endure (mud cat is close second) while I am still able to be a guest on this wonderful site.
I mean, I may have to leave this site, I can see UT fans jumping on me for my previous post, so be it. Sisaq is an ass, and if you all don’t know already, mudcat is a fake character….I always wondered why noone ever called his schtick out before, but this is not my site.

for those of you who will respond and say I am wrong…..I am not. peace all and I wish the LV’s the best this year. Anyway, y’all have some posers on this site instigating

I mean, I may have to leave this site, I can see UT fans jumping on me for my previous post, so be it. Sisaq is an ass, and if you all don’t know already, mudcat is a fake character….I always wondered why noone ever called his schtick out before, but this is not my site.

for those of you who will respond and say I am wrong…..I am not. peace all and I wish the LV’s the best this year. Anyway, y’all have some posers on this site instigating
Mudcat's authenticity has been questioned before, numerous times. Sisaq is another story. I won't expand upon that now.
I doubt that you will be forced to leave because of these posts.

no worries, it’s weird navigating here at times, this site has so many posers. Hey, I like the UT fans, been hanging with them for many many years, but I can cut bait if the posers have more influence….believe me, I’m not needing this.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back