Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

So, what is it you were trying to say? UConn played this game not to kill someone, but to get the three freshmen, a red shirt fresh man, and a super star who hasn't played a real game in over 500 days acclimated to college basketball. Six players scored in double figures, and one of them was not named Paige Bueckers. Maybe you should just continue to comment and cheer for the home team, as it is obvious that you really have no knowledge about other teams and how they prepare for a season. You are so anti-everybody else that your comments are just meaningless to the average fan. Also, 10 players played at least 10 minutes.
If you checked the minutes distribution of the UT game the OP referenced you would have seen a similar distribution of minutes for UT and UConn. UT also did not play to kill anyone. And because both schools were just trying to 'knock some rust off' any comparisons for future reference is fantasy at best.

I'm thinking LSU wins by 70 tonight. I think Va Tech may take Iowa at home. Ole Miss will beat Oklahoma at home. Tennessee at Florida State have no idea just call it a tossup. I haven't been impressed with the way we have played thus far. Maybe tonight is the night or maybe it isn't.

I'm thinking LSU wins by 70 tonight. I think Va Tech may take Iowa at home. Ole Miss will beat Oklahoma at home. Tennessee at Florida State have no idea just call it a tossup. I haven't been impressed with the way we have played thus far. Maybe tonight is the night or maybe it isn't.
I think Iowa is better than people credit will be a great game but I really think Clark finds a way

I have high hopes for us but clearly there are kinks to be ironed out

Reactions: chuckiepoo and dlhx
Tennessee has no scout on FAMU. MTSU did. FAMU had no exhibition games so there was nothing to go on, not to mention with Bridgette Gordon being the head coach, Kellie wasn't going to embarrass her.
If u watched the MTSU game it was clear they were taking away those Iverson cuts and getting out on the post 3 point shooters. We stayed in the paint leaving them open

Tennessee has no scout on FAMU. MTSU did. FAMU had no exhibition games so there was nothing to go on, not to mention with Bridgette Gordon being the head coach, Kellie wasn't going to embarrass her.
Thank you for a centered, realistic take. There are those among us seeking to stir up 💩!

LSU taking it to Queens 39 to 20 lol. Va Tech has a small lead over Iowa. Ole Miss can't beat Oklahoma at home they are not as good as predicted. Tennessee can't play defense. Upset some people when I said that this week and I'm not happy that it is true.

LSU taking it to Queens 39 to 20 lol. Va Tech has a small lead over Iowa. Ole Miss can't beat Oklahoma at home they are not as good as predicted. Tennessee can't play defense. Upset some people when I said that this week and I'm not happy that it is true.
Oklahoma winning is good for us… should gives us another top 25 opportunity here soon

Ole Miss got beat at home by unranked Oklahoma. Guess the SEC not looking as good as everyone expected. They lose by 10 give up 80 defenses not looking that great this season. Yet LSU is pounding Queens saving the day for the SEC.

Or maybe Oklahoma is better than people think.

An interesting thing about LSU's win over Queens College is that Van Lith had no made baskets (0 of 3) for a total of 3 points from free throws. Kim didn't address this but did say her top goal for the game was to play with more energy and good defense. Neither Kim or the media mentioned anything about this anomaly postgame. Other starters scored plenty of points, so it wasn't about her resting them for a blowout game. I have always wondered if she would fit well there, so it will be interesting to see how this dynamic unfolds during the season.

Reactions: maple and dlhx
An interesting thing about LSU's win over Queens College is that Van Lith had no made baskets (0 of 3) for a total of 3 points from free throws. Kim didn't address this but did say her top goal for the game was to play with more energy and good defense. Neither Kim or the media mentioned anything about this anomaly postgame. Other starters scored plenty of points, so it wasn't about her resting them for a blowout game. I have always wondered if she would fit well there, so it will be interesting to see how this dynamic unfolds during the season.
Interesting. How much did HVL play and who played PG when she was out?

Answered one of own questions, she played 21 mins, about average for the blow out. Just didn't get near as many shots up as she usually does.

Kim’s offense is ran strictly through the post/paint, which is why any scoring guard (Van Lith, Mikaylah Williams) playing for her is foolish. Williams is easily the best player on that team, but she’ll continue to run her offense through Reese and Smith.

I hope the rumor about Joyce Edward's silent commit to LSU is not true. What school can compete with a 2.2 million NIL deal? Certainly not S.C. where we thought she was a lock.

People who put up money so that collegiate players can get this kind of cash--IF it's true--are genuinely insane. It means we have too many people with too much money and too much time on their hands, and it is further proof of how absurd our major-college athletic culture as become. At the end of the day it's just college sports. If it means that much to you--and of course it does to many, those who buy toilet seat covers, prints and various other paraphernalia with their school's logo on it --you probably need more of a life.

VN Store

Back