Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I don't have any proof of any amount of money like 2.2 million. Still hard to ignore the rumors of the huge money Velez and Del Rosario supposedly got to go play there. We had Del Rosario all but closed rumor is the money she got there was the reason she didn't come here. So have no information just the rumors would be great to have an insider who knows something for sure. The way I understand it more coming from booster relationships that actual businesses seems to be a well guarded secret. Let us not forget why their men's basketball coach got fired a couple seasons ago. Those allegations were proven.
I posted above ref this, but to recap, that 2.2m was a false rumor started on a SC site by a poster named Nola…..who has posted many such falsehoods in the past. Not a lick of truth to it. It’s amazing how an internet ”rumor” can spread like wildfire these days, and if you had read his entire post (I’ll copy and paste below) you would see through the BS in a hurry.

Here it is, from a poster known as NolaCock:

Sitting with friends tonight at Superior Seafood in NOLA-Uptown, having dinner discussing how much they have turned on “fake-****-wannabe-Cajun” Brian Kelly. They want him gone and want their donor (only) TAF fund to buy out his contract at a guaranteed $80 million (move over Ray Tanner you’ve been replaced as the biggest buyout fool). They want him gone after the final regular season game this year - that’s the donor fund that has $225+ million in it . 2 of the friends have invested heavily and they are in Woodward’s ear. Woodward believes Kelly just needs more defensive players.

The conversation rolled over to Mulkey’s team losing as #1 and the media attacks using sideline photos of an angry Mulkey, the $2 Million Dollar team with stunned faces and of course a happy smiling Angel - who doesn’t live on campus nor attends anything but online classes with her $2.7 million NIL deal.

They think it’s just a minor hiccup and Mulkey will still bring home back to back NCs

(It’s actually sickening how much they love this woman)

Anyway here’s the scoop (take it however you wish - me, I’m hopeful they are wrong but they have LSU street cred - big time)

Edwards was offered (Today) a guaranteed $2.2 million NIL deal which included “local transportation”, no in-class attendance after freshman class responsibilities are met, off campus 3 bedroom apartment to sign with LSU and access for parents (family) to travel via private air to any or all LSU games. Deal covers first two years but comes with added NIL bonuses such as SEC Freshman of the Year, Freshman All-American, SEC Freshman of the Year. Any tournament MVP or equal, Player of the Year and the same team bonus for 1) making the NCAA tournament (last yr each player received a $10k NIL Bonus deal for making the tournament) 2) team NIL bonus for making Sweet 16, FF and the NC ($25k last yr)

They now expect her to silently commit soon but not announce until April because she’s having issues being able to tell Staley no. She’s best friends with Chloe Kitts (very tight) as well as friends with a few other Gamecocks. Apparently she wants to wait until April, finish as quickly as possible and get out of the state.

Let me be clear - they believe they’ve done enough to land her and THEY are saying she’s theirs - NOT ME.

Final note - the gentleman that is closely involved says LSU was NOT out bidding USC - “you don’t out bid Dawn Staley, she doesn’t have to play that game as her recruits know they’ll be taken care of playing for her”….

He said Clemson had come on strong with NIL funding and THEY pushed the $$$$$ numbers up.”

So the above post was obviously called out by several posters as another attempt by this poster to paint himself as being connected to LSU “insiders”, and he has done this many times before about his “inside” connections to SC FB insiders as well. Always the same ending, BS info that never pans out. It’s sad really.

Last edited:
I posted above ref this, but to recap, that 2.2m was a false rumor started on a SC site by a poster named Nola…..who has posted many such falsehoods in the past. Not a lick of truth to it. It’s amazing how an internet ”rumor” can spread like wildfire these days, and if you had read his entire post (I’ll copy and paste below) you would see through the BS in a hurry.
Thanks it was hard to believe that amount of money in women's basketball. We do know that in the past money has flowed down there a lot of men's basketball players being offered huge money to play for Will Wade. He was caught on tape making offers. That is the only proven thing that has happened in any of their basketball programs to this point in time.

Sitting with friends tonight at Superior Seafood in NOLA-Uptown, having dinner discussing how much they have turned on “fake-****-wannabe-Cajun” Brian Kelly. They want him gone and want their donor (only) TAF fund to buy out his contract at a guaranteed $80 million (move over Ray Tanner you’ve been replaced as the biggest buyout fool). They want him gone after the final regular season game this year - that’s the donor fund that has $225+ million in it . 2 of the friends have invested heavily and they are in Woodward’s ear. Woodward believes Kelly just needs more defensive players.

The conversation rolled over to Mulkey’s team losing as #1 and the media attacks using sideline photos of an angry Mulkey, the $2 Million Dollar team with stunned faces and of course a happy smiling Angel - who doesn’t live on campus nor attends anything but online classes with her $2.7 million NIL deal.

They think it’s just a minor hiccup and Mulkey will still bring home back to back NCs

Anyway here’s the scoop (take it however you wish - me, I’m hopeful they are wrong but they have LSU street cred - big time)

Edwards was offered (Today) a guaranteed $2.2 million NIL deal which included “local transportation”, no in-class attendance after freshman class responsibilities are met, off campus 3 bedroom apartment to sign with LSU and access for parents (family) to travel via private air to any or all LSU games. Deal covers first two years but comes with added NIL bonuses such as SEC Freshman of the Year, Freshman All-American, SEC Freshman of the Year. Any tournament MVP or equal, Player of the Year and the same team bonus for 1) making the NCAA tournament (last yr each player received a $10k NIL Bonus deal for making the tournament) 2) team NIL bonus for making Sweet 16, FF and the NC ($25k last yr)

They now expect her to silently commit soon but not announce until April because she’s having issues being able to tell Staley no. She’s best friends with Chloe Kitts (very tight) as well as friends with a few other Gamecocks. Apparently she wants to wait until April, finish as quickly as possible and get out of the state.

Let me be clear - they believe they’ve done enough to land her and THEY are saying she’s theirs - NOT ME.

Final note - the gentleman that is closely involved says LSU was NOT out bidding USC - “you don’t out bid Dawn Staley, she doesn’t have to play that game as her recruits know they’ll be taken care of playing for her”….

He said Clemson had come on strong with NIL funding and THEY pushed the $$$$$ numbers up.”
Only thing I take from this entire thing is the Clemson part. Berry signed with them was the biggest surprise of the recruiting season. Were still befuddled by her signing there. I think if someone offers you 2.2 million you sign immediately or you ignore it and sign with the team you like the most. Either way I think you would go ahead and get it over with one way or another.

Only thing I take from this entire thing is the Clemson part. Berry signed with them was the biggest surprise of the recruiting season. Were still befuddled by her signing there. I think if someone offers you 2.2 million you sign immediately or you ignore it and sign with the team you like the most. Either way I think you would go ahead and get it over with one way or another.
Yeah, not sure how Berry landed there either, but if you know anything about Clemson, they don’t spend money on any sport except FB, and they esp don’t spend money on WBB. Btw, NolaCock’s interest in WBB is brand spanking new, and his knowledge of anything WBB related is so low I dare say he has only read a few online articles prior to this whopper of a post. Didn’t stop the internet wildfire from spreading literally overnight though…..that’s the modern world of the internet we live in now I suppose.

What do I believe? I believe LSU has pushed their recruitment of Edwards to a very high level as she is their last hope to salvage anything in this class. How high? It would not surprise me if she has been offered or promised deals in the 300-400,000 range…Mulkey has pull with people of influence/wealth in La. obviously, but nobody in WBB is paying more than that for a HS WBB player and certainly not including free apartments and unlimited private jet service for parents to all games. The sport of WBB is growing fast, but it’s not at that level yet anywhere.

Now, before anyone jumps in here and says Reese, or the LSU gymnast or any other female athlete at LSU has millions in NIL already, those players are getting their money from their huge social media followings (in the millions of followers) which translate into corporate deals with national brands. LSU is not paying those dollars…..they likely are paying upfront bonuses through their collectives to land a player, but that is a small amount compared to the millions ladies like Reese have earned through their private deals. A HS player with a social media following of a few thousand at most is not getting a 2.2m payout to go to LSU or anywhere else for that matter.

Last note, Williams was a La. native and likely locked in to LSU early on, she is one of the (if not The) best players from last year’s class. If she didn’t get the same deal supposedly offered to Edwards and her parents (free private jet service) how do you think that would play in the locker room? Does Williams also get a free 3 bedroom apartment now? You can’t give it to one and not the other……..Sorry for the long post, but absurdities need to be pointed out these days it seems. I have no idea where Joyce Edwards will play ball, but 2.2m and apartments and free jet service is ludicrous and absolutely false.

Last edited:
Yeah, not sure how Berry landed there either, but if you know anything about Clemson, they don’t spend money on any sport except FB, and they esp don’t spend money on WBB. Btw, NolaCock’s interest in WBB is brand spanking new, and his knowledge of anything WBB related is so low I dare say he has only read a few online articles prior to this whopper of a post. Didn’t stop the internet wildfire from spreading literally overnight though…..that’s the modern world of the internet we live in now I suppose.

What do I believe? I believe LSU has pushed their recruitment of Edwards to a very high level as she is their last hope to salvage anything in this class. How high? It would not surprise me if she has been offered or promised deals in the 300-400,000 range…Mulkey has pull with people of influence/wealth in La. obviously, but nobody in WBB is paying more than that for a HS WBB player and certainly not including free apartments and unlimited private jet service to parents to all games. The sport of WBB is growing fast, but it’s not at that level yet anywhere.

Now, before anyone jumps in here and says Reese, or the LSU gymnast or any other female athlete at LSU has millions in NIL already, those players are getting their money from their huge social media followings (in the millions of followers) which translate into corporate deals with national brands. LSU is not paying those dollars…..they likely are paying upfront bonuses through their collectives to land a player, but that is a small amount compared to the millions ladies like Reese have earned through their private deals. A HS player with a social media following of a few thousand at most is not getting a 2.2m payout to go to LSU or anywhere else for that matter.

Correct! a poster on here tried to tell me her influence wasn't big enough to keep getting her players big money from donors because businesses weren't thriving and that is just not the case ! Her last three highly ranking freshman all received NIL deals as high as 6 figures...

I'm pretty sure that's why Rosario visited us and SC multiple times to find out what the final offers would be and LSU beat it... Good for them! They should be bragging about it instead of making it seem like other reasons are the reason why a lot of these kids are considering them. I think Kim is personally seeing this as a victory if she takes Edwards from Dawn.

As far as Berry to Clemson this has been talking about on here. Her AAU coach was in control of her visits and only had ONE visit set up while ghosting TN twice on scheduled visits. Guess what school the one visit was too? CLEMSON... What she may got out of delivering Berry we don't know but it's weird you only allow the student one visit when UCONN was her "dream school" and she had been in constant contact with TN.

Have you ever watched a Clemson WBB game? Nobody has. But I doubt they ponied up much money, she was probably steered there as you say by someone with influence on her who got a paycheck…..albeit a small one because trust me, Clemson doesn’t spend money on WBB. Their big donor fund is called IPTAY and they only spend $ on FB…..they would rather spend any money on recruiting a kicker for the FB team than a WBB player. It’s their culture.

Last edited:

So the above post was obviously called out by several posters as another attempt by this poster to paint himself as being connected to LSU “insiders”, and he has done this many times before about his “inside” connections to SC FB insiders as well. Always the same ending, BS info that never pans out. It’s sad really.
Thanks for exposing this BS. I knew it was virtually impossible for this much Louisiana money for WBB. WBB is not even close to being the #2 sport there even after the championship year, as people have been living and dying for both the football and baseball teams for decades. I just can't stand how everything posted on the internet is treated as fact, as their are far more damaging false claims made than the one here.

Reactions: glv98 and Rooster1
Typical for NIL to exceed $100,000 Not typical for NIL deals to reach $900,000.
People keep confusing ”NIL” money with booster/collectives funds used to legally “lure” prospects to schools these days.. Apples and Oranges. Booster funds used to pay a recruit six figure sums to choose a school are not the same as corporate NIL deals. No school has booster clubs paying HS WBB players millions or anything close to 900k……….If a player does not have a huge social media following already on a national level, they aren’t raking in millions in NIL money.

Either people don’t want to educate themselves on these matters or they just like to perpetuate rumors to instigate.

Last edited:
People keep confusing ”NIL” money with booster/collectives funds used to legally “lure” prospects to schools these days.. Apples and Oranges. Booster funds used to pay a recruit six figure sums to choose a school are not the same as corporate NIL deals. No school has booster clubs paying HS WBB players millions or anything close to 900k……….If a player does not have a huge social media following already on a national level, they aren’t raking in millions in NIL money.

Either people don’t want to educate themselves on these matters or they just like to perpetuate rumors to instigate.
The booster funds disquised as NIL is what we have to worry about. Some schools can get a lot of cash through those sources and most cannot.

That’s the player I wanted us to get, she’s the real deal. Oh well on to the next.
Hard to figure how UCLA and USC have become recruiting jaugernauts in womens basketball. They are getting a lot of elite players last couple of seasons. Going to be some competitive games when those two meet in future years.

Hard to figure how UCLA and USC have become recruiting jaugernauts in womens basketball. They are getting a lot of elite players last couple of seasons. Going to be some competitive games when those two meet in future years.
I’m not sure but once u get one elite player, others seem to follow. We just need to get that top recruit to start the train.

I’m not sure but once u get one elite player, others seem to follow. We just need to get that top recruit to start the train.
California obviously has a huge population and produces D1 players at a high level if not the highest level. It does not surprise me when locals stay home and others follow. All they needed was for a player or two to take the leap and the rest notice. Kiki and JuJu etc have paved the road recently.

Last edited:
SC has been trying for years to draw from Cali with no success. Most young players
will stay around home if there is a reason/hope for success. Uconn is still one of the exceptions as they seem able to draw from anywhere in the country every year. LSU is getting a bunch of press lately, but outside of local gal Williams, most of their recruiting success has been portal players and that is a different ballgame in recruiting.

Last edited:
Reactions: maple and Rooster1

Sc by double digits over Maryland. Interesting game later Indiana at Stanford.
Md will play a lineup of 5 players between 6’1 and 6’2, almost a 5 guard lineup (they actually list them all as guards). They may be at a disadvantage in the paint but their backcourt will be as athletic and quick as SC’s backcourt and much taller. This is a weird game for SC, if I had to construct a roster to try to be the kryptonite to them it might be one like this. I’m expecting that to be a very competitive game.

I think IU will eventually run away from Stanford who only has 2-3 legit scorers now. IU can score from all 5 spots.

Md will play a lineup of 5 players between 6’1 and 6’2, almost a 5 guard lineup (they actually list them all as guards). They may be at a disadvantage in the paint but their backcourt will be as athletic and quick as SC’s backcourt and much taller. This is a weird game for SC, if I had to construct a roster to try to be the kryptonite to them it might be one like this. I’m expecting that to be a very competitive game.

I think IU will eventually run away from Stanford who only has 2-3 legit scorers now. IU can score from all 5 spots.
I think SC kicks their butts Cardoso may score thirty today and get 20 rebounds. I expect IU and Stanford to be a close game and I never count Stanford out at home.

VN Store

Back