Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I hope the rumor about Joyce Edward's silent commit to LSU is not true. What school can compete with a 2.2 million NIL deal? Certainly not S.C. where we thought she was a lock.
I guess they are trying to get their monies worth out of a player for a change. I think they got shortchanged on the NIL deal with Del Rosario and Velez. Tennessee won't ever compete for women's baksetball players on that level. All the NIl money goes to football players.

Arkansas up 42 to 29 on Murray State near the halfway mark of the game. I see Daniels is in the Arkansas lineup. She has become a lifer for that team. Maybe she graduates this year?

Reactions: glv98
I guess they are trying to get their monies worth out of a player for a change. I think they got shortchanged on the NIL deal with Del Rosario and Velez. Tennessee won't ever compete for women's baksetball players on that level. All the NIl money goes to football players.
LSU doesn't have an unusual amount of NIL money. NIL has actually hurt football recruiting there. They have 4 or 5 female athletes that developed huge social media followings on their own that grew more massive as their respective teams had success and lots of exposure. Then, companies rather than LSU fans are willing to pay huge amounts. I do think the publicity of those success stories do draw others to LSU hoping for the same.

Arkansas held on and won but that team is in for a rough time in the SEC. They get outrebounded by Murray State and win by three at home.

Dang Belmont curb stomped Georgia 76-50! Imagine if they still had Destinee Wells.

Maybe the mid-pack SEC is not improved after all this year.
All the more reason we can’t afford to faceplant in the 4 game OOC gauntlet we have coming soon. There won’t be many opportunities for quality wins in conference unless we can upset LSU or SC.

I hope the rumor about Joyce Edward's silent commit to LSU is not true. What school can compete with a 2.2 million NIL deal? Certainly not S.C. where we thought she was a lock.
It’s not true. The whole ”rumor” started with a poster on The Big Spur site named Nola who is a GC fan living in New Orleans and who portrays himself as being connected with LSU big donors and AD personnel. He posted about having dinner at a swanky New Orleans restaurant with a group of these connected folks who gave him the ”details”.

Long story short, Nola has done this several times before in his posts about various topics and is always wrong and generally caught fabricating his stories for attention.

no school can compete with that. TN keeps getting beat out for players and a big part is our NIL here. People don't want to talk about it but it is what it is.... But LSU has handed out multiple 6 figure NIL deals to players and I don't know how many schools can compete with that in women's basketball.

no school can compete with that. TN keeps getting beat out for players and a big part is our NIL here. People don't want to talk about it but it is what it is.... But LSU has handed out multiple 6 figure NIL deals to players and I don't know how many schools can compete with that in women's basketball.
As a LSU alumni and fan, this is completely false. Again, to who have they done this for that didn't already have an amazing social media following. The contracts are not coming from the LSU fan collectives, and even the LSU gymnast Dunn bemoaned the lack of the LSU collectives for female athletes and started her own. I am not sure why people can't get the idea that the women with the huge NIL money all have extreme social media followings. That is why they are able to get contracts that are bigger than many football athletes even though college football is so much bigger in popularity. The school don't create this though I guess theoretically could give tips of how to do it. Flau'jae, Reese, and Van Lith all had huge followings before LSU, and the first two got lucky that these following got even bigger when the team got so much publicity when it won the national championship. While it is important for the LVs to build up NIL collectives, they will never have extreme levels like the top few at LSU until they have athletes that get huge social media followings enhanced by a championship season.

As a LSU alumni and fan, this is completely false. Again, to who have they done this for that didn't already have an amazing social media following. The contracts are not coming from the LSU fan collectives, and even the LSU gymnast Dunn bemoaned the lack of the LSU collectives for female athletes and started her own. I am not sure why people can't get the idea that the women with the huge NIL money all have extreme social media followings. That is why they are able to get contracts that are bigger than many football athletes even though college football is so much bigger in popularity. The school don't create this though I guess theoretically could give tips of how to do it. Flau'jae, Reese, and Van Lith all had huge followings before LSU, and the first two got lucky that these following got even bigger when the team got so much publicity when it won the national championship. While it is important for the LVs to build up NIL collectives, they will never have extreme levels like the top few at LSU until they have athletes that get huge social media followings enhanced by a championship season.

So what you are saying is that you guys have freshmen (plural) on the team that didn't get 6 figure NIL deals ?

Or are you saying the 2.2 million thing that was going around was false?

I'm not saying how they get the money i'm just saying it's there for the women basketball players and they are taking advantage of it...

I also know the LSUs NIL deals were probably helped by the Natty but Kim is also a good at getting donors to open up their wallets which is a good thing.

I know because while i'm not an alumn i do have connections to AAU AND i had a relative who was highly ranked and money with NIL is a thing in women's basketball... with schools providing it.

But thanks for the talk 😊

Yes, please show me where the source is for the 2.2 million. I highly doubt it, though I imagine there is an attractive package for Freshmen as there is at many other top women's basketball deals. Kim is certainly an asset, but can only wield so much power for the national businesses to invest in NIL if the specific athletes don't have significant social followings. Local businesses are among the poorest in the country so there is only so much they can do. So yes, there are ratings of the top female athletes who get big NIL deals and the only LSU athletes on there are the ones I mentioned above. There is inequity there among women athletes there so that is why Dunn started some type of NIL funding.
Just like all fans sites, the LSU football site bemoans how UT has so much NIL money and how there is no way LSU could "buy" a recruit a QB like Nico given our limited NIL. Fan sites are all similar in this way: other schools gets the breaks or have some unfair advantage. Just to be clear, I am much bigger fan of the LV than the Lady Tigers. I am currently in a LV NIL collective and not a LSU one. I have been in the past a part of many other LSU contributions (school, football, etc.) in part because those collections could not compete against many other schools due to the poverty and lack of big business there. I well aware of the community and the lack of resources. What resources are there are spent by people going to games all types. I think UT and LSU both are in the top 5 in great support for a variety of sports.

Yes, please show me where the source is for the 2.2 million. I highly doubt it, though I imagine there is an attractive package for Freshmen as there is at many other top women's basketball deals. Kim is certainly an asset, but can only wield so much power for the national businesses to invest in NIL if the specific athletes don't have significant social followings. Local businesses are among the poorest in the country so there is only so much they can do. So yes, there are ratings of the top female athletes who get big NIL deals and the only LSU athletes on there are the ones I mentioned above. There is inequity there among women athletes there so that is why Dunn started some type of NIL funding.
Just like all fans sites, the LSU football site bemoans how UT has so much NIL money and how there is no way LSU could "buy" a recruit a QB like Nico given our limited NIL. Fan sites are all similar in this way: other schools gets the breaks or have some unfair advantage. Just to be clear, I am much bigger fan of the LV than the Lady Tigers. I am currently in a LV NIL collective and not a LSU one. I have been in the past a part of many other LSU contributions (school, football, etc.) in part because those collections could not compete against many other schools due to the poverty and lack of big business there. I well aware of the community and the lack of resources. What resources are there are spent by people going to games all types. I think UT and LSU both are in the top 5 in great support for a variety of sports.

Oh you aren't talking to me because i wasn't the one that said she got 2.2 million dollars. I said no one could compete with 2.2 million and they couldn't. I am also part of a LV collective as well that helps with the NIL deals.

If it's so lacking in resources how are they able to offer multiple freshman 6 figure NIL deals ? I'm not arguing just curious ?

I'll also say for as huge as it is for us to have separate collectives for the men and women it comes as a detriment as well when the women's collective doesn't pull in major sponsors/donors. Where as other schools have combined and can dig into a different type of well.

But again, i don't know if this response was meant for me because i wasn't quoted. But I am responding because it is an interesting topic and the NIL is changing the landscape of women's basketball with their ability to give freshman 6 figure deals.

You hit the nail on the head....
I'll also say for as huge as it is for us to have separate collectives for the men and women it comes as a detriment as well when the women's collective doesn't pull in major sponsors/donors. Where as other schools have combined and can dig into a different type of well.

😊 it's not hard to figure out and I know people are trying to to say it is coaching (which it could be partially) but we are also getting outbid because we don't have that well to go to... But I digress 😄

Things need to be reworked ... that's all i'm saying

Reactions: travis929

Not huge at all to have seperate collectives if that's what is keeping the money from hitting the women's side.

I've probably asked these questions a hundred times and absolutely nobody can answer. But why stop now. So why are our collectives seperate if that's a detriment? Who's idea was that and please tell me it's not the infamous bunch of old timers with a certain hair color that reflexively want separate everything.

Also, at schools where the collectives are together, how is the money split? Are the women guaranteed a certain cut? If so, why the hell aren't we doing that?

Who's in charge of beating the bushes for big corporate donors? I think I understand the schools can't do that. Do we have anyone besides poor ole Terri out there hitting up businesses? It's just hard for me to believe some old time TN donors don't want to keep Pat's legacy alive.

Kneejerk reaction is don't complain if you don't pony up your 25$ per month to the BoostHer Club. But with the "salaries" we're hearing other schools provide, our little piddly chip ins ain't going to get it. We need corporate donors. Who's on that?

Not huge at all to have seperate collectives if that's what is keeping the money from hitting the women's side.

I've probably asked these questions a hundred times and absolutely nobody can answer. But why stop now. So why are our collectives seperate if that's a detriment? Who's idea was that and please tell me it's not the infamous bunch of old timers with a certain hair color that reflexively want separate everything.

Also, at schools where the collectives are together, how is the money split? Are the women guaranteed a certain cut? If so, why the hell aren't we doing that?

Who's in charge of beating the bushes for big corporate donors? I think I understand the schools can't do that. Do we have anyone besides poor ole Terri out there hitting up businesses? It's just hard for me to believe some old time TN donors don't want to keep Pat's legacy alive.

Kneejerk reaction is don't complain if you don't pony up your 25$ per month to the BoostHer Club. But with the "salaries" we're hearing other schools provide, our little piddly chip ins ain't going to get it. We need corporate donors. Who's on that?

I agree about the donations to Boost Her Club but i think any amount is worth something especially for those that may not be able to give as much or often. As far as the who is keeping it separate i've heard some things ... If BHC was getting bigger sponsors/ corporate i don't think we are having these convos about recruiting

Also i'm sorry i know this is the nonlady vol basketball thread yall

I could answer your questions for the most part, but someone should ask the Boost Her Club come in here and answer some questions. That could help a lot of.people with their questions.

As for old timers, a lot of them simply don't believe in NIl. There are a handful of people who are really pouring money into the BHC to help, but every single person who joins no matter the amount absolutely helps. There is power in numbers.

I could answer your questions for the most part, but someone should ask the Boost Her Club come in here and answer some questions. That could help a lot of.people with their questions.

As for old timers, a lot of them simply don't believe in NIl. There are a handful of people who are really pouring money into the BHC to help, but every single person who joins no matter the amount absolutely helps. There is power in numbers.

Would it be better (or more helpful) to combine with the men ? I'm just looking at these other schools who are landing these recruits and NO WAY their facilities or anything else compare but there is one difference ...

As far as whose idea to keep them separate I agree with asking BHC because they seem to be the driving force for the women and would be seemingly in the know...

I don't have any proof of any amount of money like 2.2 million. Still hard to ignore the rumors of the huge money Velez and Del Rosario supposedly got to go play there. We had Del Rosario all but closed rumor is the money she got there was the reason she didn't come here. So have no information just the rumors would be great to have an insider who knows something for sure. The way I understand it more coming from booster relationships that actual businesses seems to be a well guarded secret. Let us not forget why their men's basketball coach got fired a couple seasons ago. Those allegations were proven.

VN Store

Back