Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

We beat them btw ( without Jewell) so we may learn more about our team

NC State vs UConn is proving what I said and that’s no shock to me.

Tennessee is in a good spot.
It wouldn’t surprise me to see the LVs win the SEC championship and get a 2 or 3 seed in the NCAA tourney.

They certainly needed that gut check game against Florida State.

We know what elite G Jewel Spear and F Rickea Jackson bring to the court, yet with the emergence of Sara Puckett early in the year that is promising to sustainable future success for this team. Jillian Hollingshead and Destinee Wells are two other players that despite an up and down start to the beginning of the season have a ton of upside.

Also, Avery Strickland and Kaiya Wynn deserve a few opportunities in these next couple of games to build towards a stretch where the entire roster will be pivotal.

Tennessee future is already bright right now with guards Talaysia Cooper, Kaniya Boyd, and Nyla Brooks poised to dominate on Rocky Top in the next two seasons. Day 1 SEC elite defensive guards.
GBO🍊

It wouldn’t surprise me to see the LVs win the SEC championship and get a 2 or 3 seed in the NCAA tourney.

We know what elite G Jewel Spear and F Rickea Jackson bring to the court, yet with the emergence of Sara Puckett early in the year that is promising to sustainable future success for this team. Jillian Hollingshead and Destinee Wells are two other players that despite an up and down start to the beginning of the season have a ton of upside.

Also, Avery Strickland and Kaiya Wynn deserve a few opportunities in these next couple of games to build towards a stretch where the entire roster will be pivotal.

Tennessee future is already bright right now with guards Talaysia Cooper, Kaniya Boyd, and Nyla Brooks poised to dominate on Rocky Top in the next two seasons. Day 1 SEC elite defensive guards.
GBO🍊
Nothing good comes from a loss, that’s all I say about that. But do we have any elite scorers coming in?

Last edited:

GBO🍊

Day 1 elite defensive guards, eh? Someone didn’t receive the memo.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Poor offensive execution for NC State #35 doesn’t need to be taking 3s late in the shot clock.

Get the ball to the post or in Rivers hand.

I don’t want to hear the words “the title is theirs to lose” again about UConn.

They are one of many contenders for the Nat’l title. But they aren’t unbeatable.

One of their main issues is this is a slow and average team in terms of their overall athleticism. They have to rely on #5 to create or else their only offense is the 3pt shot. Edwards isn’t exactly the kind of post you run the offense through.. so thrives on getting the rebound and scoring on putbacks.

Top to bottom, I don’t think in this first week there’s a true dominant/elite team in WCB. It’s great for the sport.. parity.

VN Store

Back