Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Looking at this game and following the Tennessee vs NC State scrimmage report, I said Tennessee didn’t have a rebounding issue and defensively it was the system.

Both are holding true based on the early part of the season. This whole time with the staff in practice seeing that the team was not strong in man to man.. why continue to enforce this system?

Coach to their strengths, don’t force them to bend.

Also, there’s so many zones beyond the 2-3.. look at how NC State is using their zone. UConn has used a zone also.
Neither have more than 1 athlete on the court at a time.
Neither of these teams top to bottom are more athletic than Tennessee or Florida State.
I support the program and want to see the staff get a chance… I will point out the fact that NC State, Florida State, and UConn are well coached.
Tennessee got to fix the system too much talent to have these shortcomings.

Last edited:
Watching other ranked teams play as a LV fan can be so frustrating.

I've never seen a KJH coached team sustain a high level of play for *40* minutes like SC did earlier, and NC St's doing right now. Against ranked teams, we either get down big and have to make a comeback or we start out well and collapse in crucial moments.

I miss the days when this program had elite in-game coaching and recruiting.

Take a good look at S.Rivers.. cause Talaysia Cooper plays a similar style of basketball at 6 feet!

Kaniya Boyd too!

I wonder since she’s able to practice how did the Coop vs Rivers matchup play out..

Rocky Top future guards about to shock some folks that been sleep🍊.

Take a good look at S.Rivers.. cause Talaysia Cooper plays a similar style of basketball at 6 feet!

Kaniya Boyd too!

I wonder since she’s able to practice how did the Coop vs Rivers matchup play out..

Rocky Top future guards about to shock some folks that been sleep🍊.
What do u mean coop vs rivers?

I've never seen a KJH coached team sustain a high level of play for *40* minutes like SC did earlier, and NC St's doing right now. Against ranked teams, we either get down big and have to make a comeback or we start out well and collapse in crucial moments.

We have a lot of bad possessions and can't seem to play forty minutes of intelligent basketball.

let’s keep in mind NCSTATE isn’t even ranked although will
be now. state came with a game plan and dominated after the first quarter. us beating them without spears shows we can beat good teams, we just have to STOP digging ourselves a hole to start the game.

It does sting a little to see so many other programs flourish the way they have, when we were so used to winning. I hate it actually! I just want to see us play elite level basketball again….for a full 40 minutes, consistently.

If another one of your favorite coaches did coach this same roster u would see the same flaws, u can only expect players to do what they are capable of, with a better roster u would see different results.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back