Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I'm just going to say one thing about this subject. You reference #5 commit Finley Chastain going 3-5 with 2 rebounds and 1 assist. For Gods sakes, she may be great some day in the future, but she is going against other other freshmen and sophomores, and I guarantee the others are not "elite". You can't look too much in the future because these young players haven't been tested yet. You may be right about her, but it is way too early to know that. On the Boneyard I will not look at videos of 26 or 27 players because not only may they not pan out, but I may be dead by then. LOL. I admire your enthusiasm, but it's just hard to judge players that young, but others seem to like to follow them, and that's okay too.

I’m gonna say just one thing about your one thing …..: It’s Montverde Academy in Florida! You don’t just show up at the doors of that school! You have to be recruited to go there…… Our own Tennessee Jaloni Cambridge is spending her senior year there ! I believe if you check on her ranking???? Maybe she will impress you ! If not …. Well I can’t help you ! Moving on … 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Quite the soliloquy! Glad to know Paige B. Was never hailed as generational on the Boneyard😉
She was tabbed generational by the media and CBB experts before she came to UConn. The hype was good, but most of us needed her to prove how good she was before we believed that. In my opinion, she did. As I said, fans or schools don't determine who is generational, media and outside experts make that claim.

ON THEIR OWN HOME BOARD

Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2022-2023​

is the title of this thread which is on the Lady Vols Forum that is also refered to as a fan board. Please don't crucify @lvocd over one word. It is not difficult to understand that she is upset about what she considers someone continuing to insult UT players on this forum and to intimate anything else is to insult her intelligence and to repeat the same comment over and over again is 'beyond the pale'

Wow! AP beat KY on KY's home court. One silver lining: former Lady Vol, Brooklyn Miles, had a decent game with 8 pts, 7 assists, and 4 rbs.
Technically KY played at Georgetowne college bc they’re renovating their women’s facilities. They were supposed to be playing in Rupp but I guess she chose against it. They played their first “home” game at Transylvania (side note Transylvania is a legit NAIA went undefeated National Champs last year and their starting pg is now at TN Tech).

Also they were without Maddie Scherr but still terrible loss

She was tabbed generational by the media and CBB experts before she came to UConn. The hype was good, but most of us needed her to prove how good she was before we believed that. In my opinion, she did. As I said, fans or schools don't determine who is generational, media and outside experts make that claim.
What atonishes me is how fast the definition of "generational" is changing. When PB came out of HS several yrs ago, she was considered generational. But I thought watching her against NC State, and I know she's just coming back, PB is not now nor will she ever be Rivers. Or Fulwiley. Or JuJu. The goalposts are moving so rapidly in WBB that the younguns catch and lap the "generationals" before they even graduate.

Also, what if the moderators were allowed to moderate and we just posted?

Also, poor Kyra Elzy. Hope she ends up happy, wherever she ends up.

Last edited:
Also, what if the moderators were allowed to moderate and we just posted?
Now there's a proposition worth voting for!

Seems like about 20-25% of the posts here are comments about other posters. No, they are not presentations of opposing facts or logic, but criticisms of people who dare to express an opposing viewpoint.

Sometimes after reading those non-rebuttals I ask myself what they have told me about the Lady Vols or their opponents. The answer is always the same: not a damned thing!

What atonishes me is how fast the definition of "generational" is changing. When PB came out of HS several yrs ago, she was considered generational. But I thought watching her against NC State, and I know she's just coming back, PB is not now nor will she be Rivers. Or Fulwiley. Or JuJu. The goalposts are moving so rapidly in WBB that the younguns catch and lap the "generationals" before they even graduate.
Yep. Call me old school, but players should actually have to prove it before they start getting the "generational" tag. There are many, many, many outstanding athletes who excel in HS and then up being just "also-rans" or just "pretty good" in college/WNBA. No different from all those "generational talents" in college football who end up going nowhere in the NFL.

Now see no one other than UConn fans would consider her generational. When I think generational I think Tamika, Candace, A’ja, Brittany. Will be interesting where the needle falls on Caitlin Clark. Can you be considered generational if you don’t lead your team to multiple championships?

Now see no one other than UConn fans would consider her generational. When I think generational I think Tamika, Candace, A’ja, Brittany. Will be interesting where the needle falls on Caitlin Clark. Can you be considered generational if you don’t lead your team to multiple championships?
I think a full collegiate career would determine whether a player is generational I suppose. I agree with the names that you mentioned, but would you also add Diana, Maya, and Brianna?

If Paige ever gets back to her freshman season form, that was worthy of being labeled generational imo, wasn’t she the first freshman POY ever? Unfortunately injuries have slowed her career and possibly altered it. She is still not the same physically, you can see it in the way she moves. She still has that silky smooth stroke, but she just can’t move yet like she used to and it shows in her defense and when she tries to drive to the hoop. She is playing guarded, like someone would if they were being careful to avoid another injury Which is understandable but you have to wonder if she will ever be the same again physically.

What atonishes me is how fast the definition of "generational" is changing.

I blame all the hype. Medals for everyone. Awards for getting close. If standards are too high, you can't write as many articles for your job -- so fudge the standards a little. Get that door open a little wider so you can fit more through the door.

If I were picking generational players, my list would have maybe eight names and they're not hard to guess. Holdsclaw, Parker, (sigh) Taurasi, Moore, Stewart, and if we're looking across history, Swoopes and Miller probably belong as well. That's it. There's no other names that belong in the "generational" category. There's a lot of other great players, no doubt, some of whom are impactful or significant, but generational is a short list - and it should be.

I blame all the hype. Medals for everyone. Awards for getting close. If standards are too high, you can't write as many articles for your job -- so fudge the standards a little. Get that door open a little wider so you can fit more through the door.
I don't think it's hype with many of these young players at all. I don't know about generational, but players keep getting better and better out of high school. It's because the best become full time players/pros[ects very young, with the total takeover of life by AAU, exposure tournaments, and for the best, transfers to basketball factory schools far from home.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back