Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I saw all this on twitter but couldn't figure out who was who. Except I assumed the low GPA shot must be toward Angel since she famously failed to qualify for some award last yr due to low GPA. So it's Flajae's Mom v Angel's Mom? Don't really understand that, both have basically hit the pine in favor of the new players.

So Car fans, not happy just to gloat over Edwards, are pouring twitter fuel all over this fire.

But dang, aside from being funny this is unfortunate. Kids are bound to get hurt in the process. Shades of Westbrook Mom v Hayes.
…toxic, I tell ya… 😈

Reactions: knoxvol52
Injuries just suck. She really was playing well. And they said there's still no timeline on Miles' return. Tough break.

Speaking of injuries, burning incense and making offerings to the basketball gods for rapid healing for Rickea's lower right leg.
Kill a yard bird… smoke a fine Cohiba… spill yer Cruzan rum and take a shot…

Injuries just suck. She really was playing well. And they said there's still no timeline on Miles' return. Tough break.

Speaking of injuries, burning incense and making offerings to the basketball gods for rapid healing for Rickea's lower right leg.
I hope Rickea's injury isn't serious, being able to play her next game would be a huge relief. By the way, appealing to the basketball gods doesn't work, we tried.

I hope Rickea's injury isn't serious, being able to play her next game would be a huge relief. By the way, appealing to the basketball gods doesn't work, we tried.
I think it's more nagging and lingering than serious. Which brings it's own set of problems such as limited practice, etc. As far as the next game, it's Troy so I think they may rest her. What a bummer when she's trying to have her ultimate season.

I hope your guys stay healthy this season and esp hope poor Ducharme doesn't get hit in the head any more. She already qualifies for the NFL CTE protocol.

Come on, man. Everyone knew where she was going to commit. Get a grip!!

Joyce said her decision wasn't made until attending the Maryland game and talking with A'ja. The crowd at CLA no doubt helped by chanting "we want Joyce". Sunday evening she told Dawn of her decision and said that Dawn put her head down and almost cried. One hurdle Dawn overcame was Joyce's desired major of environmental engineering. We don't have that exact major at SC but Dawn was able to offer an honor's college curriculum that met her requirements.

The fact that Joyce had recently stated she would not announce until April implied that other schools were still in contention. No way would she announce an unpopular decision to attend another school until then.

Reactions: mcannon1
Joyce said her decision wasn't made until attending the Maryland game and talking with A'ja. The crowd at CLA no doubt helped by chanting "we want Joyce". Sunday evening she told Dawn of her decision and said that Dawn put her head down and almost cried. One hurdle Dawn overcame was Joyce's desired major of environmental engineering. We don't have that exact major at SC but Dawn was able to offer an honor's college curriculum that met her requirements.

The fact that Joyce had recently stated she would not announce until April implied that other schools were still in contention. No way would she announce an unpopular decision to attend another school until then.
Oh bull. The absolute tedium of the super mega rich trying to say "WHEW" that was close. Almost didn't get the latest millions. Everyone knew all along and ya'll know it.

My disappointment is that this super smart kid chose a school in spite of its academics, not because of them. If the Annoited One had to scramble and invent to even find classes for your major, it may not be the best scholastic situation.

Last edited:
Oh bull. The absolute tedium of the super mega rich trying to say "WHEW" that was close. Almost didn't get the latest millions. Everyone knew all along and ya'll know it.

My disappointment is that this super smart kid chose a school in spite of its academics, not because of them. If the Annoited One had to scramble and invent to even find classes for your major, it may not be the best scholastic situation.
Trying not to take too much offense at this as a graduate of the South Carolina Honors College... ;) Maybe I'm biased, but in seriousness, I can see how that program could've tipped Joyce in SC's favor.

Just a quick OT tidbit. Has anyone ever seen this before at a game at any level, because I sure haven't. I was at the UConn/Dayton game, and for some reason the players were just standing around waiting for the opening tap. We didn't know what was going on as the hype music was already repeated twice. Soon one of the officials motioned to Azzi Fudd and they walked over to the free throw line, where she knocked down 2 free throws. With the rhythmic clapping by the fans and the music we couldn't understand the PA announcement. When I got home, I checked the replay and apparently one of the starters was wearing a number that wasn't listed on any roster list. I never even thought that they checked something like that. So, UConn had a 2 point lead before the game, and season, officially began. Bizarre. First time I have ever seen that at any level. LOL

Just a quick OT tidbit. Has anyone ever seen this before at a game at any level, because I sure haven't. I was at the UConn/Dayton game, and for some reason the players were just standing around waiting for the opening tap. We didn't know what was going on as the hype music was already repeated twice. Soon one of the officials motioned to Azzi Fudd and they walked over to the free throw line, where she knocked down 2 free throws. With the rhythmic clapping by the fans and the music we couldn't understand the PA announcement. When I got home, I checked the replay and apparently one of the starters was wearing a number that wasn't listed on any roster list. I never even thought that they checked something like that. So, UConn had a 2 point lead before the game, and season, officially began. Bizarre. First time I have ever seen that at any level. LOL
Didn't this actually happen to the Lady Vols last season? Someone on staff put in the wrong jersey number for a starter or something like that?

Didn't this actually happen to the Lady Vols last season? Someone on staff put in the wrong jersey number for a starter or something like that?
Yes. Either at Stanford or in the Bahamas. A metaphor for our season. I remember us joking that the manager who fills out the scorebook would have a long walk (or swim) home.

Sorry about dissing your alma mater, I'm sure it's fine. I'm very salty with the faux "WHEW" over Edwards. Sometimes just rake in the latest dough without creating self agrandizing drama espec when talking to the starving underclass.

Last edited:

The South Carolina Honors College is rated as the top honors college in our country.

Yea it’s not a good look when parents are talking now ex players..either going to be some transfers or they gone hold each other down and work it out
They may work it out and be stronger for it. OTOH, this kind of interpersonal thing is not exactly Kim's strong suit.

Naturally, the bizarre So Car cult on twitter is throwing gas all over this fire. They're repeating endlessly that debunked story about LSU offering Joyce private jets, limited class requirements, luxary appartments, and of course millions. You'd think that story was John 3:16 and this was Sunday night Training Union in the church basement.

Reactions: dlhx
They may work it out and be stronger for it. OTOH, this kind of interpersonal thing is not exactly Kim's strong suit.

Naturally, the bizarre So Car cult on twitter is throwing gas all over this fire. They're repeating endlessly that debunked story about LSU offering Joyce private jets, limited class requirements, luxary appartments, and of course millions. You'd think that story was John 3:16 and this was Sunday night Training Union in the church basement.
If Kim was smart she’d tell them no social media until after the season is over

And I read some where that Lsu recruiter was in South Carolina for a week tryna get Joyce to flip😭

Reactions: VolFuture
If Kim was smart she’d tell them no social media until after the season is over
And that goes double for parents for God's sake. Shades of Westbrook Mom vs Hayes, which helped do Holly W in.

Dollars to doughnuts J Carson spills by noon. She didn't chime in to say nothing. Stay tuned.

The SC fans have all the right to be all over LSU because Coach Redus and Angel don’t keep their mouth shut and were all about Edwards coming to LSU for one. I’m living for the twitter drama 🤣

Reactions: glv98
The SC fans have all the right to be all over LSU because Coach Redus and Angel don’t keep their mouth shut and were all about Edwards coming to LSU for one. I’m living for the twitter drama 🤣
And let’s not forget how he was doing all that talking when he got morrow and hvl

Reactions: glv98
Ugh. I'm embarrassed for everyone involved in that public airing of private matters. It's extremely immature.

VN Store

Back