Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Yep sure have. And I've held the hands of kids that have suffered and died from the flu. I'll take covid patients every day versus some of the things I've seen. Just from my perspective
We're veering off-topic here, but my partner and I have been struggling with long COVID for 3+ years now, and I found Kim's comments incredibly harmful and offensive, considering thousands of Americans are still dying (and becoming disabled) from COVID every month. As glv98 said, just say your experience was different, no need to minimize others' suffering. Kim's doing enough of that for all of us.

These so called elite programs have surrendered all decency to win at any cost.

I will also say the same ones laughing now at LSU will be crying later. Their program isn’t perfect either.

Meanwhile, TN is sitting pretty in the Top 15.. no drama. Portal dominance. Projected lottery pick in Rickea Jackson.

Elite shot maker and playmaker Jewel “Fear da Spear” Spear is a walking bucket.

Karo and Sara dropping 20 piece games and silencing the critics.

Three elite HS commits.

Great time to be a Lady Vol. Did I say no drama? GBO

I'm certainly not laughing at what's happening at LSU, but I am embarrassed for all involved.

It hasn't been that long since our Tennessee program experienced some internal turmoil -- remember the fight that was apparently recorded? -- so I don't find any of this funny at all.

The fact that our program had, for a short time, become internally unstable, may still be hurting us to this day. So I'd advise everyone to tread lightly when discussing problems happening within other programs.

I know this is going to sound crazy to some, but my gut says that many of the problems happening on rosters this year can likely be traced back to money. Suddenly having lots of money, especially if one had never had much at all before, can change how much a person is willing to take from others. It can embolden people, and amplify attitude problems.

I'm certainly not laughing at what's happening at LSU, but I am embarrassed for all involved.

It hasn't been that long since our Tennessee program experienced some internal turmoil -- remember the fight that was apparently recorded? -- so I don't find any of this funny at all.

The fact that our program had, for a short time, become internally unstable, may still be hurting us to this day. So I'd advise everyone to tread lightly when discussing problems happening within other programs.

I know this is going to sound crazy to some, but my gut says that many of the problems happening on rosters this year can likely be traced back to money. Suddenly having lots of money, especially if one had never had much at all before, can change how much a person is willing to take from others. It can embolden people, and amplify attitude problems.
I agree with mostly everything u said, but I don’t think money has anything to do with it. My opinion is maybe jealousy starting to kick in by the popularity of others. But who knows it’s none of my business anyway, like I said all teams have problems, they just don’t make it public.

Not a long time. Rickea was benched last year "Coaches Decision" and came back better than she had been leading to that suspension. Sometimes coaches need to get someones attention, especially if they are not living up to their potential. Kellie had cited "practice habits" but that can mean basically anything.

I watched the Notre Dame - Illinois game early today.

Decent game.
Notre Dame is up and down with their play.
One big factor before this game is will the LVs return to form with their physical play on the boards and defense?

Should be some fun matchups within the Tennessee - Notre Dame game both on the perimeter and down low in the post.

Notre Dame does not have a lot of athleticism.. with the outstanding play of Jewel Spear and projected WNBA lottery pick Rickea Jackson this game will be one of many where the portal dominance will be on full display at Knoxville.

A healthy Tennessee team ranked #15 in WCB is going to be hard to beat for any team.

Getting set to watch Colorado later this evening.

Reactions: Only1COJ
Covid was and is so overblown. I'm glad majority of the country finally realized that. Coming from someone else who was on those front lines.
You must have been on the "front line" sweeping the hospital parking lot. My wife had Covid last year. She was really, really sick. Two weeks ago my neighbor texted to tell us that his family has Covid. His wife, a 3 year old toddler and a 6 week old infant. During the pandemic we lost two close family members to Covid, both healthy in their early 60's, my wife lost a friend of 30 years. So I hope you won't be too upset if I call ********.

WHO stats - 1,135,930 US deaths. Quibble about how accurate that is but I was close to 3 of that number.

You must have been on the "front line" sweeping the hospital parking lot. My wife had Covid last year. She was really, really sick. Two weeks ago my neighbor texted to tell us that his family has Covid. His wife, a 3 year old toddler and a 6 week old infant. During the pandemic we lost two close family members to Covid, both healthy in their early 60's, my wife lost a friend of 30 years. So I hope you won't be too upset if I call ********.

WHO stats - 1,135,930 US deaths. Quibble about how accurate that is but I was close to 3 of that number.
I don’t know much about this topic, but aren’t the death tolls are if u died for any reason but u tested positive for Covid?

Last edited:
probably a 10th of those were actually "Covid". People die every day of something and Covid gets the blame. mho

VN Store

Back