Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Lol the Covid crusade is back. Is worth mentioning a few teams have used Covid guidelines to cancel games this year. But tbf if your team is sick they’re sick

probably a 10th of those were actually "Covid". People die every day of something and Covid gets the blame. mho
If anything, research has shown that COVID deaths have been undercounted: COVID-19 Deaths in the US Continue to Be Undercounted, Despite Claims of ‘Overcounts’

And there are plenty of other negative outcomes due to COVID beyond just death, including long COVID, vascular damage, increased risk of heart failure and strokes, severe cognitive issues, and more:

We're way off-topic, but again I go back to Kim as a role model and when she says things like she says (and does things like putting the people around her at risk and refusing to test for COVID), it's a really bad look.

Half of the current Top 10 are PAC-12 teams: #3 UCLA, #4 Utah, #5 Colorado, #6 Stanford, #10 USC.

Not sure I’ve ever seen that before. Maybe a board historian would know. The rankings will likely shuffle throughout the season but the PAC will surely have some great battles this season. Any early prediction on which team will win the regular season?

We don’t know why Rickea was benched, it could have been anything, it’s not always the players fault, the coach can be wrong as well.

Rickea was benched for not meeting team expectations. Kellie said as much. What that means exactly I don't know but I know that Rickeas mom reaffirmed her trust in the coaches after it happened so whatever it was it seemed to work out.

Huge list of games today. Duke in a big game think they lose that one. Early game Syracuse at Maryland. Maryland should win this one after two huge losses.

Reactions: Rooster1 and glv98
Man the SEC (minus So Car who currently exists on another level) has totally faceplanted to start this season. Our 1 pt loss to a ranked FSU looks good in comparison. LSU lost to Colorado, Ole Miss lost by 10 to Oklahoma, Georgia got blown out by Belmont, last night Texas A & M got dusted by Purdue, Ky lost to Austin Peay.

I'm not sure any SEC team (except you know who) has beat anyone but a cupcake so far. This is why there's so much skepticism about the league. Hopefully, like last year, several teams will come on strong at the end. But right now, it's a grim result.
The third best SEC win is probably Bama vs USF.

Not really sure that qualifies as news. Floating to the surface of the sewer? Sure.
I kinda think the whole LSU saga is news as it directly informs about the craziness of both NIL and transfer portal and how it needs to be changed. Just like last year I'm sure alot was learned fm KJH's roller coaster ride w a transfer portal team. If you're a WBB fan, espec in the SEC, I'd think you'd be interested.

Really hard to see how the Angel/Kim and Angel/team relationship comes back fm this. Even after all the pub Angel Mom liked a Mulkey critical SC tweet? Seems like a hard and fast position. Angel can't tx again w/o losing a year. She's also not highly draftable at her present skill set, would struggle to make a W roster. She needed this year. Angel may become the new Colin Kapernick.

Kim's getting slammed but this seems like a much deeper team and parent internal issue. LSU plays some children's home team tomorrow night, interesting to see what happens.
I don’t know much about this topic, but aren’t the death tolls are if u died for any reason but u tested positive for Covid?
Not the case where I worked. It was a pretty easy formula used by the ICU docs on death certificates. My patient had terminal cancer, got Covid and died. Although terminal, would he have died today and in this manner? If not, it's covid. If questionable at all, it's not covid, it's the cancer.

Two misconceptions during covid commonly repeated were very hurtful and untrue. Spirit sucking really. One is that hospitals got more $ if the death was covid. Not correct, and even if it were, the cost of running a covid ICU is unimaginable. Renting vents bc we ran out, renting roto beds to prone pts, all the garb and PPE, extra staff, on and on.

Other misconception was that docs falsified death certificates. Not possible. No one would ever do that, it's a legal document and is highly double checked on by several agencies. Would lose license immediately and probably face charges. Didn't happen.

Watching Ole Miss and Arizona and WOW, what a beautiful Star Spangled Banner rendition on the alto sax!!!
I'm looking at the boxscore of the Ole Miss ( As in missed shots) and Arizona.
Ole Miss has 24!!! players listed as on the bench, according to the ESPN boxscore.
That must equal the paid attendance.
To say that Ole Miss can't shoot is a vast understatement. They have 9 points in 16+ minutes of play. Currently 3 of 22 in fg"s.

I won’t forget anytime soon how every single day folks on this thread made South Carolina sound unbeatable for victories over teams like Maryland (who is down 38-35 at halftime to Syracuse) and Notre Dame (who is without their star PG and relying on a FR as their best player), the same ND who just looked decent at home against Illinois, and Clemson who got blown out multiple times the year before in their first three games with a healthy roster top to bottom mostly at home.

The first time South Carolina loses this year you can bet most will find another team to declare the regular season champions.

This is going to be a long season and at this point there’s no telling next month who will be leading the race.

GBO🍊

Last edited:
I won’t forget anytime soon how every single day folks on this thread made South Carolina sound unbeatable for victories over teams like Maryland (who is down 38-35 at halftime to Syracuse) and Notre Dame (who is without their star PG and relying on a FR as their best player), the same ND who just looked decent at home against Illinois, and Clemson who got blown out multiple times the year before in their first three games with a healthy roster top to bottom mostly at home.

The first time South Carolina loses this year you can bet most will find another team to declare the regular season champions.

This is going to be a long season and at this point there’s no telling next month who will be leading the race.

GBO🍊
What does the first 3 games Clemson played, LAST YEAR, have to do with them this year ?
And if you can draw analogies, between the start of last year and their start this year, does that mean the LV's will lose the tough upcoming stretch of 4 games (Based on how they did against ranked teams at the start of last year) ?

GBO🍊
I agree the love for Sc on this board is nauseating, I can’t stand it. Only one team I hate more is UConn.

What does the first 3 games Clemson played, LAST YEAR, have to do with them this year ?
And if you can draw analogies, between the start of last year and their start this year, does that mean the LV's will lose the tough upcoming stretch of 4 games (Based on how they did against ranked teams at the start of last year) ?

That’s not even what I said.. I said South Carolina first 3 games. All week people gloated about their game against Clemson and beating two ranked opponents. I said Clemson got blown out last season just as bad as their recent loss to South Carolina.
You can assume anything you want, just don’t misquote what I said in my post.

That’s not even what I said.. I said South Carolina first 3 games. All week people gloated about their game against Clemson and beating two ranked opponents. I said Clemson got blown out last season just as bad as their recent loss to South Carolina.
You can assume anything you want, just don’t misquote what I said in my post.
Hear is what you said:
"and Clemson who got blown out multiple times the year before in their first three games with a healthy roster top to bottom mostly at home."
I quoted you correctly. You referenced Clemson's first three games the year before. You are obviously confused when you don't know what you posted.
It's all there in black and white.

VN Store

Back