Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Clemson beat Duke and just lost at home to Georgia State 78-72 not a good look for there tournament hopes.
Something isn’t right with Duke, wildly inconsistent. How do you take Stanford to OT on the road then turn around and lose to Clemson? Not a god look for Lawson.

Last edited:
Two takeaways:

Walz is way funnier than Auriemma.

Auriemma's jabs had more bite due to the underlying truth about raise tactics.
Geno was talking from a different perch than Walz. He was plenty funny. Walz had just gotten his ass kicked and had to be more humble so it was more about trying to be funny and deflect a little from the recent game outcome. Geno was funny , but in a more alpha way as you would expect from his credentials compared to Walz’s and the outcome of the game. And as you pointed out, Geno had a little more bite…..as expected all things considered.

In the world of alpha dogs, Walz was showing his belly to Geno and Geno was acknowledging the submission without attacking brutally. I thought he did so in good humor without crossing the line. Kudos to him. Walz on the other hand……well, let’s just say I’m not impressed by him like some are. Geno ate his lunch once again.

Last edited:

So is this that magical, performative "passion" some of you wish KJH would show? The kind that's "good for game"? Kim woulda held it for a closer game and more meaningful opponent, but there aren't any available in her preseason cupcake fest.

This would be comical if not so grotesque. Particularly disturbing is the odd dance where Angel pretends to hold Kim back. Channeling the best of Chris Daly and Geno, only in the tackiest, most painfully obvious staged way possible. The odd. unhealthy relationship btw those two is so sad to watch play out.

If this is what WBB "needs", I'm out.

So is this that magical, performative "passion" some of you wish KJH would show? The kind that's "good for game"? Kim woulda held it for a closer game and more meaningful opponent, but there aren't any available in her preseason cupcake fest.

This would be comical if not so grotesque. Particularly disturbing is the odd dance where Angel pretends to hold Kim back. Channeling the best of Chris Daly and Geno, only in the tackiest, most painfully obvious staged way possible. The odd. unhealthy relationship btw those two is so sad to watch play out.

Yes it is actually. At least one of them wins ballgames.

Yes it is actually. At least one of them wins ballgames.
That's fair, and after the disturbing events of last spring, probably will win the day. And WBB will be dragged to the absolutely lowest common denominator, social media friendly, tackiest, instant gratification level.

Ya'll enjoy that.

Good video of that on ESPN, score was 71-30 at the time, ref never looked at KM as she threw her fits after he ejected her. He ignored her, something she probably hates. Glad to see a ref with some 🏀s. SO staged.

Mulkey is addicted to attention, the polite way of saying she is a media wh***, I am beginning to dislike her more than most in this game, something really off there in my eye. Maybe it’s just me and the thought that everything about her school for some time now, in almost all sports, seems beyond seedy. I digress of course, but I don’t know of another team I pull against more than hers now, and yes I am aware I probably have some tainted colored glasses on, but I consider myself pretty level headed generally in these things.

This is WWE action at it's best. Mulkey doing her best Gino imitation.

Still among the aspiring to “others receiving votes”…☹️

View attachment 603094

Michael Scott Steve Carell GIF - Michael Scott Steve Carell The Office -  Discover & Share GIFs

VN Store

Back