Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Danny White needs to go get UCLAs coach Cori Close
Why so she can look s***** here like she has the last 5 years at UCLA? How many conference or tournament titles does Corey Close have over her time at UCLA? How many deep runs has she had in the NCAA tournament over the last 5 years? Answer those questions and get back with me. Just because of coach has a team playing great in the moment doesn't mean they can sustain a program. I mean Kyra elzy won the SEC championship a couple years ago, maybe we should have gotten her.

Reactions: FormerLadyVolFan
Why so she can look s***** here like she has the last 5 years at UCLA? How many conference or tournament titles does Corey Close have over her time at UCLA? How many deep runs has she had in the NCAA tournament over the last 5 years? Answer those questions and get back with me. Just because of coach has a team playing great in the moment doesn't mean they can sustain a program. I mean Kyra elzy won the SEC championship a couple years ago, maybe we should have gotten her.
Maybe you should look her up and read about her yourself. Ruffled your feathers it seems like, Kellie is going downhill and I’m a fan of hers. You can watch and see it happening I thought she would be the right one.

Reactions: coachputmein
Maybe you should look her up and read about her yourself. Ruffled your feathers it seems like, Kellie is going downhill and I’m a fan of hers. You can watch and see it happening I thought she would be the right one.
Already have. Corey Close has never won a title ever at UCLA. Probably won't again this year either. That's with having the number one recruiting class last year (Beaches and Sunshine year round shouldn't be hard to sell) getting the number one Big (Betts) Transfer this year from the portal and holding on to Charima Christmas from going to the WNBA. With the talent they have they should be beating up on everybody but almost blew it against Ohio State last night. They're doing fine right now but let's see them when they get into their conference like every year and have let Downs due to inadequate coaching throughout the season. That's the norm there.

Already have. Corey Close has never won a title ever at UCLA. Probably won't again this year either. That's with having the number one recruiting class last year (Beaches and Sunshine year round shouldn't be hard to sell) getting the number one Big (Betts) Transfer this year from the portal and holding on to Charima Christmas from going to the WNBA. With the talent they have they should be beating up on everybody but almost blew it against Ohio State last night. They're doing fine right now but let's see them when they get into their conference like every year and have let Downs due to inadequate coaching throughout the season. That's the norm there.
So where do you think Kellie’s at regressed the last 2 years. We need better coaching and better players. She can’t recruit sec players watch they will not win many games the way they play Wished it was different but it’s not it’s time for change now not later

Does UNC have injuries? First time really watching them and for that matter seeing Teonni Key actually play. Key looks really athletic but hasn't done too much except rebound. It's only the 1st Q, but so far UNC looks very average.

I'm going to try and watch Vandy vs Dayton today at 2 p.m..

Was looking at Justine's stats, meh. Started 9 of the 11 games, averaging 18 mins, 6th or 7th on team in total mins. Avg 6.5 pts on 32% shooting fm both field and 3 pt. Meh. Avg 1.5 rebounds. Worst than meh. 63% ft shooter, meh minus. Does have 10 assists to only 6 t.o.s so that's a positive. And these lackluster stats are against the easy part of the schedule.

Don't know that either Harper of Ralph can be blamed. So far Justine is just consistently underwhelming. She may have been badly overrated coming out of hs.

I'm going to try and watch Vandy vs Dayton today at 2 p.m..

Was looking at Justine's stats, meh. Started 9 of the 11 games, averaging 18 mins, 6th or 7th on team in total mins. Avg 6.5 pts on 32% shooting fm both field and 3 pt. Meh. Avg 1.5 rebounds. Worst than meh. 63% ft shooter, meh minus. Does have 10 assists to only 6 t.o.s so that's a positive. And these lackluster stats are against the easy part of the schedule.

Don't know that either Harper of Ralph can be blamed. So far Justine is just consistently underwhelming. She may have been badly overrated coming out of hs.

Yeah she has the size and shooting ability but she does not have the motor to play at a high level. The lack of rebounding and defense are totally effort related. She refuses to play like the 6’5” she is and just loafs around on the perimeter and watches while others rebound.

I blame hoopgurlz who rated her number 11 in her class and a 97 grade which is just one point below what Betts got as number one in the class. They need to take into consideration the competition these players are playing against in high school. She was in a Catholic league where most of the players were 5'6" so she was scoring at will against most of them.

Justine Pissott has 17 points in the first half against Dayton. She's 5 for 5 from 3.
The last one, to beat the halftime buzzer, was from somewhere between 28 and 30 feet out. I don't think any of the 3's hit the rim. Clean swishes.
But she still doesn't like to get involved underneath the basket (Though she has 5 rebounds).

Last edited:
Justine Pissott has 17 points in the first half against Dayton. She's 5 for 5 from 3.
The last one, to beat the halftime buzzer, was from somewhere between 28 and 30 feet out. I don't think any of the 3's hit the rim. Clean swishes.
But she still doesn't like to get involved underneath the basket (Though she has 5 rebounds).
One game does not make a player and obviously she is low on the scouting report because of her previous numbers.

Yeah all Justine needed was me to look up her stats. She had one of those halves, her shot was pure. Announcers said it was the first game this year she had multiple 3s. Good for her.

Dayton is awful.

Vandy's freshman Green, who had started off the season really well, went out for the season w a knee injury the other day. Damn, this is a plague.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back