Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I have been resolute in my support of whatever point guard that the LVs have including Powell this year. I always feel that they give it all they have. Nevertheless, it is hard when you watch an elite PG like Rice and realize how far our personnel has fallen over the years compared to the best teams.

Last edited:
I have been resolute in my support of whatever point guard that the LVs including Powell this year. I always feel that they give it all they have. Nevertheless, it is hard when you watch an elite PG like Rice and realize how far our personnel has fallen over the years compared to the best teams.
Not just pg but in general. Ohio State was a clear level above us. UCLA is a clear level above them. We’re buried two levels down. Damn.

Stolen from the Boneyard. credit to their poster contributor BRS24. Not much their for the Sucking Eggs Conference. :( Only 5 in the Top 50 and some of them have played NObody.

1702930480697-png.94222

I have been resolute in my support of whatever point guard that the LVs have including Powell this year. I always feel that they give it all they have. Nevertheless, it is hard when you watch an elite PG like Rice and realize how far our personnel has fallen over the years compared to the best teams.
If you want a point guard next year that has paid her dues, the rumor is that Caitlin Chen of Princeton will be looking for a place to play next year. The Ivy league doesn't give co-vid years, and BTW, I believe she was the POY in the Ivy last year. Good playmaker and shooter. Some on the Boneyard are voicing their opinion that UConn should be going after her. Hoping that coach Berube, being a former Husky would put in a good word for us. Someone to keep an eye on.

Attendance numbers are based on tickets sold, not tickets scanned. Actual attendance is nowhere close to 8,000. Probably not even half that.

View attachment 603278 And the #2 team in the country UCLA can't even get 500 fans thur the door
To me this list is almost evidence of "if you build it they will come". LSU didn't draw well before they started to become successful again and I doubt SC had many fans in the seats until Dawn took over.

Has Iowa always drawn well? Iowa State has traditionally been one of the top teams in attendance even during their less successful years.

To me this list is almost evidence of "if you build it they will come". LSU didn't draw well before they started to become successful again and I doubt SC had many fans in the seats until Dawn took over.

Has Iowa always drawn well? Iowa State has traditionally been one of the top teams in attendance even during their less successful years.
Iowa supports their sports fairly well but Iowa WBB has never been a leader until Caitlin.

If you want a point guard next year that has paid her dues, the rumor is that Caitlin Chen of Princeton will be looking for a place to play next year. The Ivy league doesn't give co-vid years, and BTW, I believe she was the POY in the Ivy last year. Good playmaker and shooter. Some on the Boneyard are voicing their opinion that UConn should be going after her. Hoping that coach Berube, being a former Husky would put in a good word for us. Someone to keep an eye on.
Probably want pass the Kellie test if she’s still here. She is to picky and that’s why we’re in the shape we’re in now I think

VN Store

Back