Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Of course I watched, those are 2 of the 4 teams I watch every game, she had a bad shooting night like every player does. The bench will hurt some nights but it won’t kill them if the 2 of them are going off. U can scheme all u want, when you’re an elite player like Juju, the game is on u.
“If the two of them are going off”

Bingo

Yes that’s part of it, that’s how they are built until next year.
100% agree on that, which is why I see them falling back some this season but are a team on the rise for the future obviously. For this season, if teams double teamed JuJu going fwd and left one of the 3 non shooting starters uncovered (which will start happening soon) you will see the issue. And JuJu does not need to be playing quasi PG, her handles are not that good if you failed to notice. That’s not her forte, though right now the team lets her do it a bunch to their own detriment.

Hesitent to dig into WC word salad this early in the morning, but might as well.

But I guess beating Tennessee last year and this year in November/December makes Ohio State relevant. I see your point now.
It certainly didn't hurt them, along with other big wins. It did, however, really hurt TN that they couldn't stay close either time.
And nobody will ever mistaken Ohio State for Tennessee though.
At this point, no one will "mistaken" TN for Ohio State. That's reality.
Tennessee I might add, did the same thing in Ohio, Michigan, Texas, Virginia, Las Vegas, SC etc. went into those areas and sign one (or more) of their best players year in and year out.
Once upon a time, over a decade ago, this was true. Has not been for a long, long time and therefore has zero relevance to current recruiting. That's reality. Good that you remember the golden days though.
No amount of yapping will ever exceed the majority of success this program has and will have in this sport.
Majority of success program has had, check. Majority of success program is currently having, sadly, no. Majority of success program will have, highly questionable. That's hard reality.

Majors you folks talk up anything and just about anybody at that.
Good luck to the player signing with Ohio State. This is a good moment for them and they earned it. Nothing against them. I just don’t nearly see this big deal about it. People need to stop doing this to HS athletes though. It rarely ever ends up the way the public or the few made it out to be. Tennessee will survive to the poster that is trying to make this a MOMENT. Tennessee been around far too long to justify any player, coach, or defeat in this way and its extremely desperate to try to get a point across which is irrelevant on a message board about a HS player signing to a college with what ???? zero tradition. But I guess beating Tennessee last year and this year in November/December makes Ohio State relevant. I see your point now.

And nobody will ever mistaken Ohio State for Tennessee though.

Tennessee I might add, did the same thing in Ohio, Michigan, Texas, Virginia, Las Vegas, SC etc. went into those areas and sign one (or more) of their best players year in and year out.

No amount of yapping will ever exceed the majority of success this program has and will have in this sport. It just means nothing to keep trying to point out meaningless situations like this that can’t take away from Tennessee.
I’ll break your post down quickly. This was more about Tennessee as a program than it was about Cambridge. Pretty sure I acknowledged she was the best player in the state in a long time. And this is not a “moment”, this was years in the making.

Reactions: olddog
this was more about Tennessee as a program than it was about Cambridge
Not fair. This was about a beef the Cambridge family has with UT in general and was present before the current LV coaching staff. They put a no contact on all their family years ago.
this was years in the making.
Correct. See above. This strange anomosity goes way back and is much deeper than the current LV program or staff.

Not fair. This was about a beef the Cambridge family has with UT in general and was present before the current LV coaching staff. They put a no contact on all their family years ago.

Correct. See above. This strange anomosity goes way back and is much deeper than the current LV program or staff.
I watched Kellie sit front row along with Sam years ago in Knoxville when Ensworth came to town. The following day Cambridge family was on campus. Call it a courtesy by Cambridge but they could have opted out of visiting if things are what fans want to believe.

The years in the making comment was Kellie had time to build equity under her and her staff and didn’t.

Last edited:
No amount of yapping will ever exceed the majority of yapping this poster has and will have in this sport. It just means nothing to keep trying to point out meaningless situations like this that can’t take away from the yapping and balderdash and more yapping and yappity yap yap.

Word salad from our revered salad chef, Mr. Yapping.

I watched Kellie sit front row along with Sam years ago in Knoxville when Ensworth came to town. The following day Cambridge family was on campus. Call it a courtesy by Cambridge but they could have opted out of visiting if things are what fans want to believe.
Very surprised the Cambridges would ever do a courtesy visit but if you saw it, I stand corrected.

But it wasn't what fans wanted to believe, it was what the family said.

Where is the bench ?
He said above the lack of a bench won’t kill a team. To each his own, let him self discover some truth as this season unfolds. The days of getting by with 5-6 players contributing have been over for awhile now but some need to catch up.

Last edited:
Reactions: djtee
I been a member since 2008 which is 11 years longer than you, so I know it's a Tennessee board. This is also a "non lady vol basketball" thread and I do post with respect but also with honesty.
Your post regarding WC was anything but respectful and again you are a guest. Just because it is a non-LV thread doesn’t mean you can treat it like a USC Jr board.
Kudos for your longevity on this board. You’ve been on here since SC WBB was nothing. It could happen again.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
He said above the lack of a bench won’t kill a team. To each his own, let him self discover some truth as this season unfolds.
I said as long as they step up when it’s needed, u don’t need bench production every game to win, I’m not saying it’s not good to have.

Your post regarding WC was anything but respectful and again you are a guest. Just because it is a non-LV thread doesn’t mean you can treat it like a USC Jr board.
Kudos for your longevity on this board. You’ve been on here since SC WBB was nothing. It could happen again.
Nice subtle jab and leave

Reactions: knoxvol52
No arguments for most games, suppose I thought we were exploring tourney potential. You don’t get far in the tourney without a bench these days.
We don’t disagree but here’s LSU’s tourney run bench production, this is the total.

1st game: 11 points
2nd game: 9 points
3rd game: 0 points
4th game: 7 points
5th game: 0 points
6th game: 24 points, 22 by Carson

The game it was needed, Carson stepped up and delivered.

Last edited:
Syracuse just beat Notre Dame. We need our non conf losses to quit getting worse.
I watched the game and i'm pretty sure Ivey is hot right now and she should be. She got nothing out of her two big's Watson and Marshall 12pts 7rbs and 9TO between the two players. Note Bransford was bad to 33mins only 6pts. But this was a crazy stat between the two teams 52 turnovers 24-ND 28-Syr

It looks like UConn may have gotten it's starting lineup problems resolved. At least until they play a team with trees, An impressive 30+ point big win today over ranked Marquette. While I think Marquette may not be as good as their ranking, today's win plus ND's loss will probably move them up in the rankings.

Like UT WBB is now

I just noticed the whole everybody but the LVs crew quoted me on this thread earlier today. I didn’t have time to respond to all that small talk, I was watching TN win by 30+pts.

As for a recruit, TN got an elite 5-star McD All-American that dominated the McD All-American game her senior season getting set to debut on Rocky Top in TCoop. A 4-star PG (a straight dawg) an elite defender coming to Rocky Top as an early enrollee in Kaniya Boyd. Destinee Wells is possibly staying for the COVID year.

I ain’t losing no sleep about a drama filled situation involving a player in HS going to another team.

Like the commentator said during TN game today, the LVs have 5 star McD All-Americans that aren’t even playing right now.

Y’all getting excited about players that haven’t played a single college game yet.

We are not the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: Klclark
I just noticed the whole everybody but the LVs crew quoted me on this thread earlier today. I didn’t have time to respond to all that small talk, I was watching TN win by 30+pts.

As for a recruit, TN got an elite 5-star McD All-American that dominated the McD All-American game her senior season getting set to debut on Rocky Top in TCoop. A 4-star PG (a straight dawg) an elite defender coming to Rocky Top as an early enrollee in Kaniya Boyd. Destinee Wells is possibly staying for the COVID year.

I ain’t losing no sleep about a drama filled situation involving a player in HS going to another team.

Like the commentator said during TN game today, the LVs have 5 star McD All-Americans that aren’t even playing right now.

Y’all getting excited about players that haven’t played a single college game yet.

We are not the same.
Dream on with that Coop story, I rode that wagon with her since 9th grade, but you keep making it up.

Reactions: olddog

VN Store

Back