Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Who are you? How do you know who was ahead of her and why she left? How do you know what was told or promise to get the 5 star McD All-American to sign?

Like I said, she didn’t play her freshman season because of 5 WNBA draft picks and a senior ahead of her.

Miss me with this foolishness about a team with 11 players having several guards ahead of a former 5-star McD All-American one of which is a 3-star freshman currently in SC.

That’s foolishness. Maybe she regretted ever signing there out of HS. You don’t know the exact reason.

Who are you? How do you know who was ahead of her and why she left? How do you know what was told or promise to get the 5 star McD All-American to sign?

Like I said, she didn’t play her freshman season because of 5 WNBA draft picks and a senior ahead of her.

Miss me with this foolishness about a team with 11 players having several guards ahead of a former 5-star McD All-American one of which is a 3-star freshman currently in SC.

That’s foolishness. Maybe she regretted ever signing there out of HS. You don’t know the exact reason.
You really don’t know sh*t about any of this. Raven and Pao Pao were both 5 star McDonald’s All Americans as well, and both were rated higher than Coop in their classes, and they were way ahead of her on the depth chart and then 5 star McDonald’s All American Fulwiley was coming in and she was going to be ahead of Coop as well in the guard rotations. Coop shot 36% from the FT line last season, 34% from FG and 26% from 3. She has work to do on her shooting. Staley also brought in Tessa Johnson for the 2 guard shooting spot, and yeah, she is a 5 star McDonald’s All American also. She is shooting 46% from 3 this year.

There are 9 former 5 star McDonald’s All Americans on this team, and there are no 3 star players on the team, do better research next time.

Again, Cooper made the right choice for her, she was buried behind several other players at SC.

Last edited:
Again, Talaysia Cooper was a 5-star McD All-American. She played behind 5 WNBA players her first year and that’s one thing.

The ignorance you are yapping about in terms of her transferring because of a 3/4 star freshman who wasn’t a 5 star and another 5’7 PG a 5-star rated #13 when TCoop is 6’0 a former 5-star who was rated #18 and can play multiple positions is not only foolishness but bias.

It’s obvious folks down there play favoritism. I watched TCoop look like one of the best athletes in her class her entire senior year and make outstanding athletic plays in the McDonald All-American game.

Coming here with this illiterate take just to get a like or two from negaVals and giggles from a goofy don’t move me.

Don’t get mad at me cause the game announcers made the comment yesterday during live broadcast that Tennessee has 5-star All-Americans that aren’t even playing right now.

Earlier in the year in a different game the game announcers talked about how outstanding T.Coop looked during a team practice.

We’ll see real soon. Just like the world has seen with Saniya Rivers.

Last edited:
Again, Talaysia Cooper was a 5-star McD All-American. She played behind 5 WNBA players her first year and that’s one thing.

The ignorance you are yapping about in terms of her transferring because of a 3/4 star freshman who wasn’t close to being a 5 star and another 5’7 PG when TCoop is 6’0 and can play multiple positions is not only foolishness but bias.

It’s obvious folks down there play favoritism. I watched TCoop look like one of the best athletes in her class her entire senior year and make outstanding athletic plays in the McDonald All-American game.

Cominghere with this illiterate takes to get a like or two from negaVals and giggles from a goofy don’t move me.

Don’t get mad at me cause the game announcers made the comment yesterday during live broadcast that Tennessee has 5-star All-Americans that aren’t even playing right now.

Earlier in the year in a different game the game announcers talked about how outstanding she looked during a team practice.

We’ll see real soon. Just like the world has seen with Saniya Rivers.
“The ignorance you are yapping about in terms of her transferring because of a 3/4 star freshman who wasn’t close to being a 5 star and another 5’7 PG when TCoop is 6’0 and can play multiple positions”

Who the F is this 3/4 star freshman you speak of (your BS knows no limits)? And that 5’7” (5'9" actually) PG is Raven johnson, #2 player from her class. If you are speaking about Pao Pao, in three seasons at Oregon she was first team All PAC freshman and twice first team All PAC overall, she is a stud. She is 5’9” btw and shooting over 50% from 3. Coop was behind those two and also 5’10” Fulwiley coming in. She was not even guaranteed to beat out freshman Johnson another MCD AA who is a sharp shooter hitting 46% from three this year. So Coop was looking at being the 4th or 5th option at the SC guard positions.

Now you know the rest of the story. And yeah, Coop is a helluva athlete and ball player and will do great things at UT, never said she would not, super talented. She just had to leave the logjam at SC to grow and she found a great home at UT. I really want good things for her, followed her closely in HS here in SC, and expect her to grow quickly at UT where she will be given a big role likes she needs, same happened with Rivers, was the right choice for her also.

Last edited:
You can’t comprehend? This is sad. I’m talking about the freshmen.

How did that result in you bringing up a redshirt sophomore?
Sit this one out.

We are not the same.

You all are salty about TCoop getting recognition from basketball announcers during games just say that sis.

You can’t dictate what people say when it’s an inconvenience to the school and players you support.

This is a Tennessee forum. I’m going to bring exposure to what is stated about these players. I don’t need your approval.

Sit this one out.

We are not the same.

You all are salty about TCoop getting recognition from basketball announcers during games just say that sis.

You can’t dictate what people say when it’s an inconvenience to the school and players you support.

This is a Tennessee forum. I’m going to bring exposure to what is stated about these players. I don’t need your approval.
Let me make it easy on you….there is no 3 star freshman player on SC’s roster. None, zippo, nadda.

I know the negas hate facts but:
There are SEVEN programs that reached at least the sweet sixteen the last two years:
SC
ND
Maryland
Louisville
UT
Ohio State
UConn
I repeat SEVEN! Please also note UT regularly plays a majority of these top programs.
Now the negas will want to cry about 2021. We lost in round of 32. How awful!!!
There are TEN programs that over the last three seasons had at least two sweet sixteens and a round of 32.
SC
Maryland
Stanford
Louisville
Texas
Iowa
Indiana
Michigan
UT
UConn
2020 was canceled due to Covid. 2019 was Kellie’s first year?
Tell me again Kellie is a horrible coach and Tennessee is not a top program.

Last natty was 2008. Last SECC was 2014. The program is irrelevant at the moment.

Reactions: olddog

Sit this one out.

We are not the same.

Oh I see, you are referring to freshman guard Fulwiley, the one who scored 17 points in one quarter in the McDonals AA game…the one that has led SC in scoring multiple games already this year, the human highlight reel. Yeah, she was ahead of Coop the day she signed at SC and everyone knew it, including Coop. If by chance you were referring to the other freshman guard, that would be 6’0” guard Tessa Johnson, and she was a McDonald’s AA as well.

Last edited:
Auburn is still Auburn, I have watched them 2-3 times this year.

Yeah same, watched one of their games last night.

Lots of quick shots, have to be ready for quick offensive rebounds. They rely on early transition buckets off turnovers and put backs.

Don’t have the size to guard anyone in the half court this season so they pressure the ball a lot and force turnovers. Not a team you can be casual with the ball against, they will make you pay. As long as our players can stay composed and get the ball inside they won’t be able to guard us.

They did beat a well coached Washington State team recently. Lost to CAL a few weeks ago, both teams are probably middle of the PAC-12 this season.

Auburn can shoot the 3 but doesn’t shoot a ton of them. Had their two best 3 point shooting games of the season in their last two outings, have to get out and contest but I’d be willing to force them to play over the top mostly. They are generally very small. Couple freshman bigs but I think they are over listed on the roster #30 does not look 6’4” at all to me.

Yeah same, watched one of their games last night.

Lots of quick shots, have to be ready for quick offensive rebounds. They rely on early transition buckets off turnovers and put backs.

Don’t have the size to guard anyone in the half court this season so they pressure the ball a lot and force turnovers. Not a team you can be casual with the ball against, they will make you pay. As long as our players can stay composed and get the ball inside they won’t be able to guard us.

They did beat a well coached Washington State team recently. Lost to CAL a few weeks ago, both teams are probably middle of the PAC-12 this season.

Auburn can shoot the 3 but doesn’t shoot a ton of them. Had their two best 3 point shooting games of the season in their last two outings, have to get out and contest but I’d be willing to force them to play over the top mostly. They are generally very small. Couple freshman bigs but I think they are over listed on the roster #30 does not look 6’4” at all to me.
They have the look and feel of a .500 conference team at best imo, UT win.

I’m back.. had things to do and was watching Michael Penix throw for 430 last night in the CFPs!

Back to this foolishness about TCoop and transferring from SC, the fact you think it’s saying something that the staff and coach had plans to insert a 5’7 FR ahead of another 5-star McD All-American on arrival without playing a single game reeks of favoritism and a terrible culture.

You are trying to negatively paint a picture of the 2021 HS Gatorade Player of the Year in SC. Talaysia ended her HS career scoring over 3,000 points. Now she has gotten some recognition by turning heads of outside game analysts from practice sessions as the 5-star McD All-American she was coming out of HS you come here with all these stories about why.. says more about SC than it does Coop.

Any player would leave that situation and many of them have ended up on top and outperforming those that were put above them. Be careful speaking on folks because you think you got the upper hand at the moment. That GET Back is a……

Vol fans folks like this ain’t here to discuss no basketball.. they want to stain your program and student athletes and that is a fact.
Been that way since day 1.

By the way, this is the player they are claiming had no shot at gaining playing time… this stuff (the lies) have to be stopped. SC ain’t got a team of more talented guards than her on any day of the week. Check the resume.

This is light work.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghost of A Melon
I’m back.. had things to do and was watching Michael Penix throw for 430 last night in the CFPs!

Back to this foolishness about TCoop and transferring from SC, the fact you think it’s saying something that the staff and coach had plans to insert a 5’7 FR ahead of another 5-star McD All-American on arrival without playing a single game reeks of favoritism and a terrible culture.

You are trying to negatively paint a picture of the 2021 HS Gatorade Player of the Year in SC. Talaysia ended her HS career scoring over 3,000 points. Now she has gotten some recognition by turning heads of outside game analysts from practice sessions as the 5-star McD All-American she was coming out of HS you come here with all these stories about why.. says more about SC than it does Coop.

Any player would leave that situation and many of them have ended up on top and outperforming those that were put above them. Be careful speaking on folks because you think you got the upper hand at the moment. That GET Back is a……

Vol fans folks like this ain’t here to discuss no basketball.. they want to stain your program and student athletes and that is a fact.
Been that way since day 1.

By the way, this is the player they are claiming had no shot at gaining playing time… this stuff (the lies) have to be stopped. SC ain’t got a team of more talented guards than her on any day of the week. Check the resume.

This is light work.

She is a great athlete and will become a very good player for UT. Does she need some work on her shooting? Yeah, she showed that in spades last season. Was she behind Raven, Pao Pao and yes Fulwiley at SC, yes again. Fulwiley is just a different level than Coop. It was known even in HS. Fulwiley played against Coop’s teams and destroyed them in HS, everyone watching those games knew who the best player on the court was, it’s not a knock on Coop, she is amazing. But she found herself behind three better players at this time and made the right choice for herself and also for UT, she will be able to grow at UT and have a big role early, spread her wings and develop. I like Coop a lot, you are wrong saying I ever said otherwise. But her freshman season at SC was rough and she just got behind others in the pecking order. I will pull for her to do well, have closely followed her for almost 4 years now.

Your knowledge of the 3 and perhaps 4 guards at SC that were ahead of her is extremely low to say the least. Again, she made the right choice to move on for her development. She is a great person also, and a hard worker, lot to like there. You got a good one obviously. It worked out best for everyone imo.

Last edited:
First off, you can’t speak on my knowledge. I have a mind of my own. It’s not driven by this sports cult ideology of supposedly superior athletes being exceedingly above other athletes that possess near identical skill sets.

It’s pretty clear now she left because politics got mixed in with basketball. Favoritism is all too common in sports with these AAU and rabid fans.

I have common sense. And I’m done with the discussion.

First off, you can’t speak on my knowledge. I have a mind of my own. It’s not driven by this sports cult ideology of supposedly superior athletes being exceedingly above other athletes that possess near identical skill sets.

It’s pretty clear now she left because politics got mixed in with basketball. Favoritism is all too common in sports with these AAU and rabid fans.

I have common sense. And I’m done with the discussion.

Fulwiley is just different, she has to be played with those sick skills, and that is currently SC’s 3rd guard in the rotation…..as I told you, the 4th guard, Tessa Johnson is shooting 46% from three, so the guard room was stacked. It was a good move for all involved, peace and wishing Coop an amazing career.

Last edited:
An improved looking MSU team visits Iowa tonight at 9PM on Peacock TV, worth the watch to see just how improved imo. Not sure they can give Iowa a game, but I’ll be watching.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back