Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Anyone watching TCU and Baylor game , TCU coach seems like a good coach the team is playing hard good defense to. Might be a coach for DW to take a look at.

You can’t comprehend? This is sad. I’m talking about the freshmen.

How did that result in you bringing up a redshirt sophomore?
Sit this one out.

We are not the same.

You all are salty about TCoop getting recognition from basketball announcers during games just say that sis.

You can’t dictate what people say when it’s an inconvenience to the school and players you support.

This is a Tennessee forum. I’m going to bring exposure to what is stated about these players. I don’t need your approval.
First...yes this is a Tennessee forum with a dedicated thread to "non-Lady vol news" conversations which is where this conversation is taking place...so clear that up right now. The Gamecock base (Dawn in particular) wishes anyone who leaves the program the best. Coop was not as advertised and saw that she was going to be buried on the bench. I do not blame her for leaving. We wish her the best except the games against us. She is a South Carolina girl (lived in SC) and chose to transfer out. It's not a big deal considering our roster and the chances she would get any quality minutes. End of conversation. Thank you for your attention.

UConn's current injured list -

Jana El Alfi freshman out for the season
Ayanna Patterson sophomore out for the season
Azzi Fudd junior starter out for the season
Caroline Ducharme junior starter indefinite
Aubrey Griffin GS 6th man out for ????
UConns current 7 player rotation will be 3 seniors and 4 freshmen. We have 2 bench players if more injuries occur, but luckily, we started with 14 players whereas last year we had only 12. Geno doubts DuCharme will be back, and the Creighton team doctor said that Aubreys knee has much movement. Sounds like an ACL tear again which she had in high school. She is a 6th year grad student as she sat out 21-22 with back surgery. I really feel bad that her career may be over, such a great kid.

UConns current 7 player rotation will be 3 seniors and 4 freshmen. We have 2 bench players if more injuries occur, but luckily, we started with 14 players whereas last year we had only 12. Geno doubts DuCharme will be back, and the Creighton team doctor said that Aubreys knee has much movement. Sounds like an ACL tear again which she had in high school. She is a 6th year grad student as she sat out 21-22 with back surgery. I really feel bad that her career may be over, such a great kid.
I’ve said this before, as have others, if DuCharme were my kid there would be no indefinite, it would be definite. No insult meant to the medical professionals involved. She can remain involved in basketball the rest of her life through various career paths but the stories of other athletes who in middle age suffer horribly because of athletic concussions would make me put my foot down.
This is not just a UConn problem. LVs had a lovely young woman several years ago that finally had to give it up. She would get another concussion with just a little contact.
Only good thoughts for DuCharme and all the players dealing with these damn knee injuries! Putting my soapbox away now.

I’ve said this before, as have others, if DuCharme were my kid there would be no indefinite, it would be definite. No insult meant to the medical professionals involved. She can remain involved in basketball the rest of her life through various career paths but the stories of other athletes who in middle age suffer horribly because of athletic concussions would make me put my foot down.
This is not just a UConn problem. LVs had a lovely young woman several years ago that finally had to give it up. She would get another concussion with just a little contact.
Only good thoughts for DuCharme and all the players dealing with these damn knee injuries! Putting my soapbox away now.
Lady Vols had a soccer player, Claudia Dipasupil, medically retire this year and (I believe) it was due to head injuries. Really tragic but, if lucky, we all age out of our top playing years and have to consider health, mobility, and quality of life.

Guess she is planning to enroll somewhere else in January cause she has to sit out a year to play again. She used her transfer to leave Georgetown to go to Oklahoma State. Earliest she could play would be January 2025.
I thought they approved 2 x transfers to play immediately. Destiny Salary was sitting out at Western Kentucky and she’s playing now

Ducharme is an adult. The decision to retire is hers. I'm sure whatever she decides she will factor in the advice of her parents (both ex college athletes), medical staff and her coaches. But whatever decision is made, it is hers. Her parents cannot force her to do anything.

Shoes, drills to develop more knee stability something!!
I took my grandson to the Louisville game at the XL center, went early, got some food and walked down to the front row to watch the UConn team do their pre-game stretching while we ate. They were on the floor stretching for about 20 minutes, then they get up and do these weird hopping, stretching, all kinds of funny stuff with their legs. So, IMO, they are so loose when the game starts that there can't be a tight muscle in their entire body. I don't know if there is anything one can do to prevent these injuries, its just Gods decision.

Reactions: maple
Ducharme is an adult. The decision to retire is hers. I'm sure whatever she decides she will factor in the advice of her parents (both ex college athletes), medical staff and her coaches. But whatever decision is made, it is hers. Her parents cannot force her to do anything.
Bless your heart!

I took my grandson to the Louisville game at the XL center, went early, got some food and walked down to the front row to watch the UConn team do their pre-game stretching while we ate. They were on the floor stretching for about 20 minutes, then they get up and do these weird hopping, stretching, all kinds of funny stuff with their legs. So, IMO, they are so loose when the game starts that there can't be a tight muscle in their entire body. I don't know if there is anything one can do to prevent these injuries, its just Gods decision.
Old Coach, a late poster on the Boneyard, who was an Olympic ski coach, was convinced that over stretching, particularly of the quads, resulted in acl tears. He said the knee joint needs that big quadricep muscle for stability - to take the stress of quick jumps and stops rather than the much smaller acl. Makes sense to me.

Guess she is planning to enroll somewhere else in January cause she has to sit out a year to play again. She used her transfer to leave Georgetown to go to Oklahoma State. Earliest she could play would be January 2025.
3 schools and it’s not the schools.

Reactions: maple
Old Coach, a late poster on the Boneyard, who was an Olympic ski coach, was convinced that over stretching, particularly of the quads, resulted in acl tears. He said the knee joint needs that big quadricep muscle for stability - to take the stress of quick jumps and stops rather than the much smaller acl. Makes sense to me.
Very interesting. I would think no sport takes a toll on the knees like skiing, so why hasn't anyone taken this into consideration? I'm sure someone has had to look into this, seems to make sense.

VN Store

Back