Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

An improved looking MSU team visits Iowa tonight at 9PM on Peacock TV, worth the watch to see just how improved imo. Not sure they can give Iowa a game, but I’ll be watching.

I paid for Peacock just to watch.

I am SO tired of all these individual streaming services. It was a good idea to begin with…now we need them to stream together like the olden days 😭

Uncanny how Clark can keep hitting buzzer beaters from beyond the arc off balance while contested. Never seen anything like it before in either men or women.

This is why you don’t hire Bluder ever after 4 years of Clark making her look great. It’s all superwoman, Bluder is along for the ride, Clark is the greatest female player in college ball ever imo and it’s crazy the stuff she is doing.

Enjoy it folks. Iowa and Bluder go back to obscurity after she departs, it was another one player show again but that player is unreal. Yes she took 34 shots, and scored 40, but it’s the timing and difficulty of the shots made that are ridiculous and hard to believe unless you see it with your own eyes.

Last edited:
I did not watch the game but why wasn't this shot reviewed and waved off? Ball was clearly in her hands at 0:00

Needed a buzzer beater to beat who? Man please.
Yeah man Tennessee got to get out of their own way and free Rickea, Jewel, and the squad!!
This is light work.

Needed a buzzer beater to beat who? Man please.
Yeah man Tennessee got to get out of their own way and free Rickea, Jewel, and the squad!!
This is light work.
You are stupid plain and simple. Michigan State is a really good team, well rounded and had a ton of fight and poise. Your ignorant butt didn’t even watch the game, just stop already, it’s getting pathetic. You are the town fool. Enjoy the mantle. That game was amazing and if you can’t enjoy epic games and praise the competitors you are just a miserable human and a worse fan of the game.

Last edited:
I did not watch the game but why wasn't this shot reviewed and waved off? Ball was clearly in her hands at 0:00

Same thing folks saying all over Twitter.
Go take one look at Michigan State schedule.
A buzzer beater was needed by the #4 team to beat Michigan State??!!
WBB must be in a drought or something?

Reactions: jmacvols1
I have huge respect for MSU team and how they played tonight in a hostile environment. They will be a tourney team and well seeded by seasons end imo, great effort and determination. Beaten by an off balance logo three at the buzzer on the home court of the #4 team. If they stay healthy, they are a tourney team to watch for.

You didn‘t even watch the game so again, you don’t know squat, same as it ever was. Btw, MSU was #26 in Massey and #14 in NET genius. Try to keep up. Geeze, can anyone be this clueless about a topic they profess to know about? Not really, but I digress with the fool again.

For those in the know, the first year MSU coach was previously at Bowling Green and she looks the part of an excellent up and comer. Well coached team that was equally well prepared to enter that hostile environment tonight and compete with the best. That doesn’t happen by accident.

Attachments

• IMG_0216.jpeg
    IMG_0216.jpeg
    85.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Maybe you should watch some other teams play other than the LVs. You are so ignorant about this sport overall, so you really have no clue about any other team except what you might read on this forum. You think a couple players on your team are elite, but if you watched other games you may change your mind when you see all the wonderful players that are out there. RJ is the exception, so I guess from your perspective that your two guards are the equivalent of RJ. Get your head out of your butt and open your mind and see what is out there.

Ugh damn smug mug Caitlin Clark. Was praying she'd miss that shot but it was clearly out of her hands at 0.1. They did review but it was a formality. Got to give credit, another great logo stepback at the buzzer.

Clark is certainly the greatest scorer, esp fm long range, in WBB history. But not very efficient, and I believe that will really effect her in the W. She will not be getting 40 shots. She'll be the next Ionescu, only better. She does have great court vision and thus all the assist, but just like w the scoring they come with a price - lots of turnovers.

Give MSU all the credit, they were dialed in and unintimidated fm the get go. Man Iowa's defense is awful and they will lose games. MSU was just getting straight to the rim, esp when the game was on the line.

Refs hosed MSU by giving Iowa flopper a shooting foul when she clearly faked and put the ball on the floor before she collasped. Good that it didn't cost them the game, but it sure could have. And did give Iowa 2 the easy way in the clutch. Here we go w shaky reffing already!

Ugh damn smug mug Caitlin Clark. Was praying she'd miss that shot but it was clearly out of her hands at 0.1. They did review but it was a formality. Got to give credit, another great logo stepback at the buzzer.

Clark is certainly the greatest scorer, esp fm long range, in WBB history. But not very efficient, and I believe that will really effect her in the W. She will not be getting 40 shots. She'll be the next Ionescu, only better. She does have great court vision and thus all the assist, but just like w the scoring they come with a price - lots of turnovers.

Give MSU all the credit, they were dialed in and unintimidated fm the get go. Man Iowa's defense is awful and they will lose games. MSU was just getting straight to the rim, esp when the game was on the line.

Refs hosed MSU by giving Iowa flopper a shooting foul when she clearly faked and put the ball on the floor before she collasped. Good that it didn't cost them the game, but it sure could have. And did give Iowa 2 the easy way in the clutch. Here we go w shaky reffing already!
Peacock clock and floor clock/buzzer not in sync. That’s who you want to take the shot

Dawn's telling no lie here. But funny thing is, she gets those calls too. Refs auto-favor legends and superstars.

LOL Iowa fans are up in arms over the tweet. Go figure.

As a coach, stay in your lane. No need to comment on a game you’re not involved in. Especially on social media.

If she wants to comment on refs, do it when it involves your team. Be Twitter bold then.

Dawn's telling no lie here. But funny thing is, she gets those calls too. Refs auto-favor legends and superstars.

TBH I don’t think she should be commenting on it. Not professional.

As a fan yes, that was a bad call. Should have been on the floor even though I do think Davis originally intended to shoot. The Michigan State player was so out of control and left the floor so early Davis had time to recollect and put the ball down before she was tackled.

I think part of the reasoning they called it shooting was that the defender left the floor while the Iowa player was in her shooting motion.

Last edited:

Best part, a set play to get CC the ball. MSU disrupted the play once she got the ball and CC went with the step back and let it fly.

VN Store

Back