Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Very interesting. I would think no sport takes a toll on the knees like skiing, so why hasn't anyone taken this into consideration? I'm sure someone has had to look into this, seems to make sense.
Off topic of basketball but Tom House had a similar discovery with baseball/softball players and arm care. Studied the science behind tennis players not having arm issues with the velocity generated. It’s attributed to not releasing the racket - holding through acceleration and deceleration where baseball and softballs are released. More focus on deceleration muscles to slow down arm injuries for baseball/softball. Hence why you see so many former players making money off plyo ball throw and arm band routines

I thought they approved 2 x transfers to play immediately. Destiny Salary was sitting out at Western Kentucky and she’s playing now
I guess she would be eligible for that afterall. So guess we'll see where she ends up. Forgot they did that for portal transfers just makes me upset that Cooper is not eligible because she didn't portal fast enough.

Back to the terrible rash of knee injuries, I'm pretty sure this has been studied anatomically before. I remember as far back as when Catch blew hers out her senior year it was an issue. Am I wrong or wasn't it determined that there's a hip or pelvic angle that makes female knees more vunerable?

Also, I believe overuse is a huge issue. Kids are simply on the court way too much.

Speaking of Catch, there she is doing the SC/Fla game on SEC network. Let the games begin!

Just through one quarter, SC is as good as advertised, Florida is as bad as usual.

Best game I see until ours starts is Fla St and NC St. 20-17 NC st end of 1st. We need Fla St to win.

WinnerCircle SEC Primetime Update:

Until I watch Vanderbilt later tonight, my pick for last place in the SEC is Florida.

One thing I noticed for the first 4 to 5 minutes they were beating SC pretty handily on the boards but couldn’t make a layup.

This years South Carolina is not nearly as dominant as last years SC.

They will lose multiple SEC games but will contend for the #1 seed and be the favorite to win the SEC.

Texas A&M looks horrible right now. Not a top 5 team unless the SEC is way down this season. We’ll see.

Upset of the night lol.. neither Miss St. or Vandy is good. Somebody had to win lol.
I watched some of that game.
Yet both are projected tournament teams. 3 teams went down tonight in the SEC that were in the most recent bracketology to non-projected tournament teams in the SEC. The big one was the Georgia win over Texas A&M. But also Mississippi State losing to Vandy and Arkansas losing to Kentucky. When it comes to the Georgia-A&M game, that boils down to the better coach winning that, cause A&M is loaded with talent. Coach Abe out coaches Joni Taylor any day of the week.

Give it a week or so from now and all this Vandy talk will cease.

They ain’t on the same level as this Tennessee team at full strength. Tennessee has what it takes to close ground on South Carolina.

Reactions: VolFuture
Upset of the night lol.. neither Miss St. or Vandy is good. Somebody had to win lol.
I watched some of that game.
Of course someone had to win the game.
That's true of every game that comes to a conclusion. Does Tennessee not deserve credit for tonight's win because "Somebody had to win lol " ?
I simply stated that the Vanderbilt win was the upset of the night, in the opening of conference play in the SEC (Mississippi State was 7 point favorites).
I never mentioned how good or bad I think Vanderbilt is, or how they will do in conference play.
If you disagree with my post, about it being the upset of the night in the SEC, provide some facts and change my mind.
Convince me.
The question you should consider, in earnest, is, why do you react so stridently to virtually every slightly positive mention, of another team on this forum ?

The question you—WC—should consider, in earnest, is, why do you react so stridently to virtually every slightly positive mention, of another team on this forum ?

Could it be a bad case of dyspepsia?

“Dyspepsia can be caused by many diseases, but dyspeptic individuals are often the victims of their own habits and appetites. Worry, overeating, inadequate chewing, and excessive smoking and drinking can all bring on dyspepsia. Today we generally use dyspeptic to mean "irritable"—that is, in the kind of mood that could be produced by bad digestion.”

Hmm. maybe Vandy is better. But I always thought Miss St was a bit overrated this year.

Of course Miss St will play lights out against us down there in a few weeks.
Vandy is better there only loss is an 8 point one to NC St. They have a terrific point guard and are getting some good post play. Will be a hard game for us the two times we play them.

Reactions: maple and travis929
WinnerCircle SEC Primetime Update:

Until I watch Vanderbilt later tonight, my pick for last place in the SEC is Florida.

One thing I noticed for the first 4 to 5 minutes they were beating SC pretty handily on the boards but couldn’t make a layup.

This years South Carolina is not nearly as dominant as last years SC.

They will lose multiple SEC games but will contend for the #1 seed and be the favorite to win the SEC.

Texas A&M looks horrible right now. Not a top 5 team unless the SEC is way down this season. We’ll see.
First you try to 'post' your team to a championship and now you are 'posting' us to multiple losses :oops:. Do you seriously think that's how things work? You might want to use LosersCircle as you user name 😂. I can't even give you an "E" for effort. Geez.....

VN Store

Back