Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

There are some interesting games this weekend. Texas at WVU today is worth watching. VT at home vs NCSU on Sunday should be a great game. I will have an eye on Oregon State vs UCLA to see if they can make it a game and the Ole Miss vs LSU matchup is probably worth watching for awhile. I’m also interested to see how Vandy will play against UF for some reason. If Pilli is absent from the Utah game (she left the last game with an injury) they could be in trouble as well at Arizona. Finally, UNC at ND should be a war. I’m not expecting Nebraska to do well vs IU.

You going to the extreme to get a few likes from the negaVols.
South Carolina is a solid team. Not a great one. Will be beaten multiple times in the SEC this season. Simple math. Tennessee is 4-1 with Rickea J. I’ll bet money they will beat SC with Rickea J healthy at home.
Sounds like a loser leave town bet.

I don’t think I’ve ever encountered a more insufferable poster on this board! 🥲🥹
This might have been obvious to most, but I actually was more reactive to their posts when I thought they were sincere. It all started making sense to me when I realized that they are likely a troll in sheep's clothing. I guess their pro LV stance is what through me off at first, but it is clear that they will say anything for attention and are not interested in true dialogue.

This might have been obvious to most, but I actually was more reactive to their posts when I thought they were sincere. It all started making sense to me when I realized that they are likely a troll in sheep's clothing. I guess their pro LV stance is what through me off at first, but it is clear that they will say anything for attention and are not interested in true dialogue.
Was thinking the same tbh. Someone is probably having fun playing the troll. Alter ego for another poster (Darth)? His posts have declined since newcomer Winner’s have begun.

Last edited:
Coop is mainly a 2 guard, can play some spot PG and 3 as well. She was not going to see many minutes at SC this year, it’s why she transferred. There were several players ahead of her at all three positions. I think she saw the writing on the wall and made the best decision for herself and it was the right decision.
I think Westbrook should stay Tennessee might have made some deeper runs with her. Her choice to go two unconn. Marta leaving was best for her. Can not blame a player leaving for more playing time. Like you said about coop .

You going to the extreme to get a few likes from the negaVols.
South Carolina is a solid team. Not a great one. Will be beaten multiple times in the SEC this season. Simple math. Tennessee is 4-1 with Rickea J. I’ll bet money they will beat SC with Rickea J healthy at home.
Define solid. I mean it’s too early in the season to know if any team out there is great, but there are a few teams still in the running for that description, we simply don’t know enough yet. But as for your definition of solid, these rankings put the SC team as the #1 rated defense, #2 rated offense and #1 power rankings with the #2 SOS so far. That certainly is better than solid, and if not than there are currently no teams deserving of a better than solid rating in your definition. Seems a little extreme wouldn’t you think?

Most wouldn’t even argue with a statement that they have played great so far but nobody knows if they can keep it up and perhaps are just a very good but not great team in the end. That would be a reasonable take and one which I think everyone could get on board with.

Last edited:
I think Westbrook should stay Tennessee might have made some deeper runs with her. Her choice to go two unconn. Marta leaving was best for her. Can not blame a player leaving for more playing time. Like you said about coop .

This is speculation. Talaysia Cooper nor did any other freshman on that team play last season behind 5 WNBA draft picks.

It sounds good for headlines.. but there’s nowhere near that kind of depth this season that would’ve been in front of Coop in SC right now.

Every player isn’t transferring schools because of playing time.

Well I am a coach and all now but I’ll stick with LVs 2 or 3. Dawn’s group might lose a couple of games but they are still awfully good. I think we can beat LSU and any other team in the SEC but on any given night who knows.
Honestly the most intriguing team to me is LSU. They are such a high wire act. They may amaze or end up a squashed mess on the floor. Reese versus RJ may be the most interesting show in the SEC this year. Though they play different positions they may tangle a bit and there is no back down in either of them. RJ is smarter than Reese so I trust we will be okay there.
Just remember there is no I in team. That is coachspeak. Thought I’d throw that in there.😆😆😆

I got you Coach.
My top 5 after SEC opening night is 1. SC 2. LSU tie Tennessee 4. Auburn 5. Ole Miss

If people watch the tape.. block out forums like this one and the SEC fan club on Twitter it’s not hard to evaluate these teams right now.
Not based on non-conference, pre-season accolades, High School recruiting, or none of that gibberish just factual basketball knowledge.
Tennessee has not peaked yet. Neither has Auburn who are both in my top 5.
South Carolina is as good as they will be and could remain at the top. LSU is not as good as last season and faced Missouri who is rebuilding to start conference play. Ole Miss is not going to surprise any team with their play. You know what they will bring and what it looks like.
Rickea is playing at an All-American level. She missed two late game free throws that is the difference right now between her reaching her peak.
The performance by Tamari Key against Auburn sent shockwaves through the SEC.
Lets GBO🍊.

Reactions: Lucy
total trivia I was reading the auburn site and their assistant head coach. Fred Williams - Women's Basketball Coach - Auburn University Athletics (auburntigers.com)

He was the USC coach when Cheryl Miller, Cynthia Cooper and Tina Thompson helped lead the Women of Troy to national titles in 1983 and 1984. (also many years WNBA coach) My first game I attended was when USC played the Lady Vols. And some of you will remember the now departed left-hander Mary Ostrowski playing so solid to almost beat them in the final four.

He would have been a good interview if reporters had known his background.

This is speculation. Talaysia Cooper nor did any other freshman on that team play last season behind 5 WNBA draft picks.

It sounds good for headlines.. but there’s nowhere near that kind of depth this season that would’ve been in front of Coop in SC right now.

Every player isn’t transferring schools because of playing time.
Ok...you have now exposed yourself as a troll who just tries to get under people's skin. You lost all credibility with your last few posts. If you want to play that game I am not interested. I like honest dialog and your post don't even come close to that. The other people on the board will figure it out. Tennessee will be what they are (good and bad) regardless of what ridiculous posts you make. If you ever take the court and suit up to play....then maybe you will have your finger on the pulse... Coop would not be on the court more than in a mop up roll with the guards we have. Sorry to bust your bubble. She only became great to you when she became a Vol....but we know the truth....and you can't handle the truth.... 🤣

Ok...you have now exposed yourself as a troll who just tries to get under people's skin. You lost all credibility with your last few posts. If you want to play that game I am not interested. I like honest dialog and your post don't even come close to that. The other people on the board will figure it out. Tennessee will be what they are (good and bad) regardless of what ridiculous posts you make. If you ever take the court and suit up to play....then maybe you will have your finger on the pulse... Coop would not be on the court more than in a mop up roll with the guards we have. Sorry to bust your bubble. She only became great to you when she became a Vol....but we know the truth....and you can't handle the truth.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Ok...you have now exposed yourself as a troll who just tries to get under people's skin. You lost all credibility with your last few posts. If you want to play that game I am not interested. I like honest dialog and your post don't even come close to that. The other people on the board will figure it out. Tennessee will be what they are (good and bad) regardless of what ridiculous posts you make. If you ever take the court and suit up to play....then maybe you will have your finger on the pulse... Coop would not be on the court more than in a mop up roll with the guards we have. Sorry to bust your bubble. She only became great to you when she became a Vol....but we know the truth....and you can't handle the truth.... 🤣
There are, at least, two posters on this forum that are trolls in the true sense of the word.
One uses analysis, so ridiculously skewed in UT's favor, that no sane LV fan could even dream of it (Which, I guess, is another explanation. The poster isn't of sound mind).
The other misspells words and uses atrocious grammar on purpose. Yes, I'm convinced it's done deliberately.
We're being played.
P.S.: I left out those whose
intentions are so obvious
that I felt that their
inclusion here was
uncessary.

VN Store

Back