Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Reference the Uconn ranking, they might have been projecting with the loss of Griffin. Not saying that is right. IU should have moved up as well, but it’s early and will start sorting itself out in the next 2-3 weeks.

UCLA in particular has a very tough 3 game stretch coming up, @ USC, @Col and @Utah. I’m going to be watching those games, if they win all 3 then maybe the one lone wolf AP voter will be rewarded. He hates to vote for SC #1, did same late last season even when they were the only undefeated all year. He recently wrote an article explaining his vote, it draws a ton of clicks, good for him. It’s all about the attention one can draw these days in social media.

Last edited:
Reference the Uconn ranking, they might have been projecting with the loss of Griffin. Not saying that is right. IU should have moved up as well, but it’s early and will start sorting itself out in the next 2-3 weeks.

UCLA in particular has a very tough 3 game stretch coming up, @ USC, @Col and @Utah. I’m going to be watching those games, if they win all 3 then maybe the one lone wolf AP voter will be rewarded. He hates to vote for SC #1, did same late last season even when they were the only undefeated all year. He recently wrote an article explaining his vote, it draws a ton of clicks, good for him. It’s all about the attention one can draw these days in social media.
Clicks.

Seems like the poll would seek to identify those with such bias and award their vote to a more centered voice.

For people who prefer a computer program to AP voters, here's the most recent NET rankings.

We are in the 60s, if memory serves.

Disclaimer: Some AP voters, in MNSHO, know a lot about WCBB; others are depriving some village of its idiot.

Last edited:

Paige is almost certainly staying, she all but announced it here. Can't blame her for hoping for just one season w UConn not injury riddled.

Her decision likely kicks Rickea up a notch in draft speculation and explains the Phoenix Mercury scouting her at Auburn with their #3 pick. Dang, the one team I'd hate to see her go to. Maybe Brink will also stay.

Paige is almost certainly staying, she all but announced it here. Can't blame her for hoping for just one season w UConn not injury riddled.

Her decision likely kicks Rickea up a notch in draft speculation and explains the Phoenix Mercury scouting her at Auburn with their #3 pick. Dang, the one team I'd hate to see her go to. Maybe Brink will also stay.

I think all of the players should stay in college as long as they can. The WNBA will always be there later.

STORRS, Conn. – UConn women's basketball graduate forward Aubrey Griffin will miss the remainder of the 2023-24 season after suffering an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) tear in her left knee.

Griffin's injury occurred in UConn's game at Creighton on Jan. 3.

Non contact injury. Wish her a full and rapid recovery.

STORRS, Conn. – UConn women's basketball graduate forward Aubrey Griffin will miss the remainder of the 2023-24 season after suffering an anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) tear in her left knee.

The sheer number of players who suffer this injury blows my mind and makes me sad. The last few years there has been an explosion of them.

Makes me think it may have something to do with weight training.
Or—and this is fact-free speculation—Covid. The seeming explosion of ACL problems began about the time that virus appeared. I trust there will be serious scientific analysis at some point.
Those who reject science in favor of ideology won't read it or believe it, no matter what it says.

Or—and this is fact-free speculation—Covid. The seeming explosion of ACL problems began about the time that virus appeared. I trust there will be serious scientific analysis at some point.
Those who reject science in favor of ideology won't read it or believe it, no matter what it says.
Possible confluence? I’d be interested in what Ashley thinks. As well as the pitchers think tank at WF.

It's reported (on the boneyard) that Aubrey asked if she had any eligibility left. The answer, "yes". Her covid year, as does Aaliyah and Nika. I've always felt Paige would stay until Azzi graduated and her recent comments indicate she might (Paige and Azzi have two years of eligibility) Aaliyah is most likely to go to the WNBA. Nika may be ready to return home. But maybe, possibly, this group would like to see if they could have one healthy year together.

I read it on line that many "experts" believe that ACL injuries are directly related to the goverment mandated masks and vaccines.

Reactions: stllvf
It's reported (on the boneyard) that Aubrey asked if she had any eligibility left. The answer, "yes". Her covid year, as does Aaliyah and Nika. I've always felt Paige would stay until Azzi graduated and her recent comments indicate she might (Paige and Azzi have two years of eligibility) Aaliyah is most likely to go to the WNBA. Nika may be ready to return home. But maybe, possibly, this group would like to see if they could have one healthy year together.
@NeedOrange I am really sorry about Aubrey and all of the other injuries Uconn has suffered the past 2-3 years, it has been one after another in that period for the Huskies and it’s just a shame tbh. Hope she recovers and can play next season as well as all of the others. It’s gotta be frustrating as a Husky fan, enough is enough.

@NeedOrange I am really sorry about Aubrey and all of the other injuries Uconn has suffered the past 2-3 years, it has been one after another in that period for the Huskies and it’s just a shame tbh. Hope she recovers and can play next season as well as all of the others. It’s gotta be frustrating as a Husky fan, enough is enough.
Thanks @Rooster1. It is frustrating to think what could have been. But I'm really enjoying this team. They are overcoming and it's fun watching the freshmen grow game by game. It's interesting to watch this new Paige Bueckers.

VN Store

Back