Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

The whole Winnerscircle thing has kind of run its course, right. I get it - he/she is having fun trolling the SC (and UCONN) fans that have zero self-restraint and take the lure every time.

But it has simply become BORING. Brings the site down. Like "real housewives of Volnation".

Who’s encouraging it? The NVs and others.
They make posts and I don’t respond to it. I go around their posts because it doesn’t change my opinion or what I believe.
The moment I make a post these folks come with all this childish nonsense and petty insults.
I’m too real for that ain’t nothing about me reality tv.
Beyond those posters, on this forum I talk basketball with people who are serious about talking basketball.

Clark is surrounded by the perfect team for her very efficient players that makes up for her high usage… but fr she still scores a lot which breaks others teams

Reactions: chuckiepoo
You stalk every post I make and have the audacity to question my livelihood?

This has to be the dumbest post of the day and it’s early.

You folks talk about players all day and night.. I point out a player(Rickea) being overlooked and cause she’s wearing a TN uniform that’s obsession?
If she was wearing a Vandy, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, Texas, LSU, or South Carolina I bet you wouldn’t have an issue with me promoting how Rickea should receive more recognition.

I mentioned Jewel Spear as elite months ago.. now she scores 41 points in 2 out of 3 SEC games and the supposedly non bias SEC fan club members on Twitter are silent after saying her stock was down weeks ago…. but say nothing when she’s performing at a high level.. that’s obsession? You SC fans come here to put any SC player on a pedestal and downplay a former 5-Star McD All-American that transferred from the program just because they went to a rival and that’s normal?

You missed 3rd grade level comprehension I see.
Show me where I put any player or team on a pedestal. I even went so far as to point out that any team can be beaten on any night and I would never say South Carolina will win the SEC....the SEC tournament....or the national championship. I am not that stupid. It's one thing to support your team or players but you seem to want to elevate yours while trashing other teams and players. You might be the worse poster I have seen here and I have been a member of this site for 16 years. I have always spoke very highly of the Lady Vols and not just here on this site. You have some real problems for sure. The reason that Cooper transferred is because she couldn't get on the court with the players that were there and the incoming players sealed the deal for her. I wish her well as I have stated before but she was not as good as advertised up until the point she left. She may work out well for Tennessee but time will tell. It won't be because you said so on a post. Geez....Rickea is a great player and she would be no matter where she played. I have not seen anything but praise for her and if her stock has dropped then that's very normal. That happens to every player who misses time with injuries. Some players never come back the same. That is a sad but true fact...Some players end up just fine.

Show me where I put any player or team on a pedestal. I even went so far as to point out that any team can be beaten on any night and I would never say South Carolina will win the SEC....the SEC tournament....or the national championship. I am not that stupid. It's one thing to support your team or players but you seem to want to elevate yours while trashing other teams and players. You might be the worse poster I have seen here and I have been a member of this site for 16 years. I have always spoke very highly of the Lady Vols and not just here on this site. You have some real problems for sure. The reason that Cooper transferred is because she couldn't get on the court with the players that were there and the incoming players sealed the deal for her. I wish her well as I have stated before but she was not as good as advertised up until the point she left. She may work out well for Tennessee but time will tell. It won't be because you said so on a post. Geez....Rickea is a great player and she would be no matter where she played. I have not seen anything but praise for her and if her stock has dropped then that's very normal. That happens to every player who misses time with injuries. Some players never come back the same. That is a sad but true fact...Some players end up just fine.
Cooper to Lady Vols seems to be a very sensitive subject for the clucks. Maybe she just likes Kellie’s coaching style better than Dawn’s.

Cooper to Lady Vols seems to be a very sensitive subject for the clucks. Maybe she just likes Kellie’s coaching style better than Dawn’s.

Bingo!
These SC posters are definitely throwing out a ridiculous conspiracy about why Talaysia Cooper transferred after her freshman season. And to these SC fans I couldn’t care less about the describing my profile as a poster. I’m not proving anything to you as I stated to you before you just did the same exact thing put SC players on a pedestal while downplaying a former player for transferring to a rival. I bet before Saniya Rivers got a chance to prove her ability on the court behind close doors you were probably selling that same type of nonsense about why she transferred. Coop will get her opportunity soon to let her play speak for itself.
On that SC team today, they have players averaging about 5 - 10 ppg in the rotation but are dead set on coming here telling everyone Coop transferred because she was behind players that had never even played a significant role in college that were already at SC or incoming freshmen who were ahead of her on the depth chart without Coop even getting an opportunity? Nobody asked them for this information. They volunteered it after game announcers talked about how she looked playing scout team and that TN had a 5-star McD All-American sitting out. They took an encouraging moment for Coop and made it about them.
How can a player move ahead on the depth chart without any games against other teams being played or even weeks into practice?
Sounds like classic favoritism to me.
The 2021 Gatorade South Carolina player of the year and 5star McD All-American rated #18 in her class was penciled in the bottom of the depth chart. Go figure.
The fact is a season before any of this occurred Coop was behind 5 WNBA players in particularly three plus another senior who played the guard/wing positions.
Not a single freshmen including the ones starting or playing reserve for SC this year played last season on SC team, not just Coop based on the veterans ahead of them. The SC is better this season myth is getting out of hand based on the lack of competition across the board in WBB. You don’t know what was told to Coop to even get her to sign with SC.. she had plenty of options. Just like she had options if she had taken them when she entered the transfer portal.

Last edited:
All freshmen that enter great programs know that they start at the bottom of the food chain. They all have to prove their worth in practice if they want to see game playing time. Dawn and Geno, my best examples, do not promise a recruit, or a freshman on the roster, playing time unless they earn it. In these two programs, there is a lot of talent, and if a freshman doesn't have the confidence that they cannot compete, the portal is there. It is unusual for freshmen to come in and start unless they are great talents (Boston, Bueckers}, or injuries fill a need to do so. Example, UConn has 5 players that will not see the floor this year, so the seven players in their rotation contain 4 freshmen. Unless Cooper says why she left, we will never know, but its really none of our business. If she fits in well at Tennessee that's great, and that is all that matters. The player makes their own decision, and hopefully it turns out well for all parties involved. Thats it.

Reactions: brittannica
I see what you did there.
The 8-time Nat’l champions have dominated the transfer portal signing 4-star and 5-star talent. Same as those team coaches, nothing is promised to an incoming freshmen at TN.
We saw that last season.
There’s talent at Tennessee and just as UCONN, TN has dealt with multiple injuries to key players for atleast three consecutive seasons. TN is on its way to being the only program that has had four players in a row selected in the 1st round of the WNBA draft. Tennessee was in Talaysia Top 2 coming out of HS as a 5-star McD All-American.
The point some are missing, had Coop transferred sooner there’s no guarantee she would’ve automatically had a position in the rotation at TN and she was willing to change schools. She knows she has to earn playing time. That is why she is working daily on her game.
So again, this player wanted a fresh start and this was her decision.
TN is a team currently comprised of 11 former 4-star/5-star players, 2 Team USA gold/silver medalists, and 3 former McD All-Americans.
The winningest program in WBB history with 8 Nat’l Championships.
Coop is a winner and wanted to play for a winner. That’s how I see it.

Last edited:
Watching some of this Missouri/Vandy game and Missouri doesn't look very good. Very little athletism. First time watching Justine not in orange, she is terrible on defense. Burnt left and right. However, looks more aggressive on offense.

Fla St up by 4, about 3 and a half mins left.

Oh what a difference one stupid little missed 12 footer can make. If that shot had fallen and we had beaten Fla St this would be a very different picture for us. Most definitely the one that got away.

VN Store

Back