Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

No it's not. I have said before she is a home state girl. I would wish her well no matter where she plays just like all of the kids who play high school sports in the state. Cooper played at a smaller school and didn't see the competition that most of the top tier players from the state face. I wish her well but I couldn't care less that she chose Tennessee because she couldn't find playing time here. I hope she has a great career but she would never have started here. We are just too stacked for her to bust into the starting lineup. You are the ones who seem to have an issue with her not getting playing time with us. We are perfectly fine with it. Rivers couldn't get playing time either. She seems to be fine at NC State but she knew also.
You just can’t admit she may have not liked SC can you😂😂😂. Did she say she was leaving because she was afraid of the roster? Dawn is not for everyone.

So glad to see LSU and VT take home Ls today.

I was at the Clemson/Syracuse game today. Great crowd for an unexpectedly great game. After trailing all game, Syracuse decided to finally start playing basketball in the last ~5 minutes and ended up winning by 1pt. Clemson really snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. But props to the Orange and Coach HLJ for somehow pulling out the win.

And congrats to Fair on 3,000 career points (I know she’s on year 5 and most of them were at Buffalo, but it’s still impressive).

All sorts of reasons. RJ could have gone anywhere and played immediately, including UConn and SC. But she wanted to play for Kellie with this group of teammates. Cooper may have made that same calculation. Not all kids fit with all programs.
SC fans seem to have hurt feelings about the whole thing and can only seem to attribute it to cowardice on Coopers part. Seems to me if she was worried about SC players she would have transferred to a different conference.
Kellie just seems to really be able to connect with kids who maybe feel they made a mistake in committing to a program out of hs or are perhaps just looking for a fresh start. Older and wiser perhaps!
It was an opinion I promise I wasn’t making your post right or wrong

Reactions: Lucy
Brooklyn Miles has been a model of consistency as a starter in Kentucky's first two games, logging 30 min. against ETSU and 27 min. vs. USC-Upstate.

In each game, she had exactly 10 points, 4 assists, and 3 rebounds.

Speaking of ETSU, they led KY at the half and only lost by 8. Coach Brenda Mock Brown is on the watch list for midmajor COY.

I noticed that ETSU freshman out of Unaka Lyndie Ramsey wasn't in the box score for their first games. Anyone know if she's just waiting her turn, red-shirting, or injured? She was a scoring machine in high school.
She had knee surgery and is getting back to full time and hopefully she will start to get to play more as the season goes on and if not she will red shirt .

You just can’t admit she may have not liked SC can you😂😂😂. Did she say she was leaving because she was afraid of the roster? Dawn is not for everyone.
Ok...she grew up in South Carolina, played her high school games in South Carolina and visited South Carolina multiple times over the years. Her dream was to play for the state school and be coached by the legend Dawn Staley . She committed and was a great player who started every game but didn't like South Carolina so she transferred to Tennessee. If that's the stupid narrative that you want to believe then so be it. Geez you two are as delusional as anyone I have ever seen. She only saw the court in a mop up role. That's the part she didn't like but you go ahead and believe what you want to believe.

Superfly, it’s not worth getting into this convo. I tried to be very diplomatic and reasonable about it to no avail. Some refused to believe that as good as Coop is, she had three players ahead of her in the guard rotation at SC, which she did. Wish Coop the best going fwd, and never bothered me she transferred to another SEC school, I’m glad it was UT tbh. She will be an integral part of that team going fwd and she deserves a role like that. Once Fulwiley signed with SC I kinda expected it anyway, but when PaoPao came as well then Coop of course knew what was in front of her. Raven and PaoPao plus Fulwiley, Coop and Johnson was a crowded room.

And yes WC, Coop was a 5 star MCD AA, so were the four others and three were ahead of her. Coop struggled mightily in shooting her freshman year (36% FG, 37% FT, 24% 3)and she was never gonna beat Raven out as the PG, her handles are good but nothing like Raven’s. And she doesn’t shoot anywhere close to what 2x All PAC12 PaoPao does so she was not gonna win the SG slot. As for her competition with Fulwiley, Coop had a ton of experience going against Fulwiley and there was never any question about which of those two would end up on top of each other in a rotation, Fulwiley was always the alpha, Coop absolutely knew this As did everyone in the state of SC. Peace all and believe me, wishing nothing but the best for Coop, she will excel at UT with a dedicated role and time to improve her shooting.

@WinnerCircle you are not wrong to compare Coop to Rivers, similar athletes. Perhaps similar careers. Rivers is excelling at NCSU, but she also struggled at SC mightily shooting the ball. She is shooting only 40%/25% at NCSU this season (though that’s so much better than her fresh year at SC and soph year at NCSU) and yes she does so many other things really well of course.

But after the Iowa loss in the FF last year, SC‘s CDS made an effort to retool the backcourt and make SC a good shooting team from the perimeter. It was their biggest weakness. They are now the leading 3 pt % shooting team in the nation ytd (42% from 3 as a team) and #2 overall FG % shooting team (52%). Recruits like Mcd AA Tessa Johnson (40% from 3) and PaoPao (leads nation in 3% at 56%) are part of that plan at the guard rotation. DS saw a need to get pure shooters in her lineup. Looks good so far, and you can argue against those moves but they are sitting at the top right now so just maybe DS knows what she is doing.

Last edited:
SC my also risk losing Feagin due to lack of playing time.
I know, and this one confuses me, Feagin produces big for the minutes she plays. Hoping her role keeps increasing, she is smooth around the rim. Last season she led the team in points per minutes played. Her defense has improved a bunch this year, she is getting after it. When Cardoso leaves the team this season to play for Brazil, Feagin should get a big opportunity against Uconn and Ark to play extended minutes and show out….believe she will.

Bree Hall shooting 50% from three this season makes it so much harder to defend SC imo, PaoPao and Bree are top 1 and 5 in nation shooting 3’s so far.

Last edited:
I know, and this one confuses me, Feagin produces big for the minutes she plays. Hoping her role keeps increasing, she is smooth around the rim. Last season she led the team in points per minutes played. Her defense has improved a bunch this year, she is getting after it. When Cardoso leaves the team this season to play for Brazil, Feagin should get a big opportunity against Uconn and Ark to play extended minutes and show out….believe she will.

Bree Hall shooting 50% from three this season makes it so much harder to defend SC imo, PaoPao and Bree are top 1 and 5 in nation shooting 3’s so far.

At one point in the Mizzu game the 2nd qt to go up 41-28 at half SC had Pao Pao, Teassa in the backcourt and Hall,Watkins,Feagin upfront. That lineup was doing damage inside and outside. A reporter ask her about that lineup yesterday in the press conference. I don't the the starting lineup will change but that lineup will keep teams out of playing zone i think.

Superfly, it’s not worth getting into this convo
The whole conversation about transfers is a bit moot. Every school has transfers out and transfers in. It does not reflect good or bad upon the individual schools, coaches or programs. To say that UT is better in any manner than USC because of Cooper would be a tacit admission that Vandy is better than UT because of Pissott.. Golly would I like to have Saylor Poffenberger back with her 12.5 rebounds. But she felt better about being in Arkansas. God bless her. Go and have a great career. The personal choices of an 18 year old person do not reflect upon the quality of either institution.

VN Store

Back