Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Oh my, glv said I was gloating, in truth was just enjoying on the non LV thread where we post. Anyway glv, never intended to sound like that, was caught up in an epic performance, this is the thread to do so, no harm.

Reactions: brittannica
Interesting that over 20 years after Michele Snows first in game dunk they’re still so few and far between. Funny when one happens it’s still such a deal. I guess there’s still relatively few women that can do it?

Reactions: brittannica
Interesting that over 20 years after Michele Snows first in game dunk they’re still so few and far between. Funny when one happens it’s still such a deal. I guess there’s still relatively few women that can do it?
You still don’t see it very often in WBB, Watkins did a real dunk tonight on a breakaway

Just saw South Carolina is favored by 44.5 over UK. Is that an SEC record? That's just crazy to me. I almost want to bet UK covers.
SC covered the -44.5 by 17.5 points.

It’s sad how far ahead of us they are. We aren’t in the same galaxy at this point.

We will be taking two historic beatdowns from them.

We really trailed a team at home by 17 points that just lost a game by 62 points.

lololol our team is such a joke.

SC covered the -44.5 by 17.5 points.

It’s sad how far ahead of us they are. We aren’t in the same galaxy at this point.

We will be taking two historic beatdowns from them.
Can't be. I've read, right here in this forum (By one of our more "interesting" members), that the LV's are on the same level as South Carolina.

Ahh man, you gotta admit that it’s fun watching SC tonight, dunks threes behind the backs…..shut down defense

No, we don't.

Might be different if the opponent was a bitter rival or had an insufferable jerk of a coach or had previously run the score up or had arrogant players known for taunting opponents, etc.

None of those were factors in this game. I don't blame the players for playing hard for 40 minutes, and for fans to appreciate their team's level of excellence. But it's hard to fully enjoy the humiliation of a fellow conference member. I guess some might consider it payback for KY winning the SEC Tournament a couple of years ago, but still have to feel for KY in this one. It was like that absolutely dreadful Ole Miss game when Yolett first arrived...maybe worst half ever for an SEC team. Felt bad for them, too.

When you've been on both ends of blowouts when the weaker team simply was overwhelmed, you kind of learn to forget those games and focus on the competitive games.

Props to SC for their excellent play.

Before Watkins, the last SEC players to dunk in a game were Tennessee’s Parker and LSU’s Sylvia Fowles, who each played college ball from 2004-08. Fowles recorded one dunk in her collegiate career, while Parker had two. Michelle Snow of Tennessee dunked three times between 1998-02.

Steve Spurrier who once said: "It's not my job to stop my team from scoring. It's your job. If you don't want to be scored on, do something to stop it."

I don't think Dawn's philosophy is anything like that as she often calls off the troops when they are close to 100 points.

No, we don't.

Might be different if the opponent was a bitter rival or had an insufferable jerk of a coach or had previously run the score up or had arrogant players known for taunting opponents, etc.

None of those were factors in this game. I don't blame the players for playing hard for 40 minutes, and for fans to appreciate their team's level of excellence. But it's hard to fully enjoy the humiliation of a fellow conference member. I guess some might consider it payback for KY winning the SEC Tournament a couple of years ago, but still have to feel for KY in this one. It was like that absolutely dreadful Ole Miss game when Yolett first arrived...maybe worst half ever for an SEC team. Felt bad for them, too.

When you've been on both ends of blowouts when the weaker team simply was overwhelmed, you kind of learn to forget those games and focus on the competitive games.

Props to SC for their excellent play.
Thank you. This is what I was saying last night. One fun crusher you left out is that we can see ourselves on the receiving end of SC's "fun" not once but twice in the near future. More of KJH epic bad luck. So while the SC fans dancing on the collective SEC graves here is not improper, please don't ask me to have "fun" with it. Esp at the expense of LVFL Kyra Elzy who is already so beaten down. And with our poor team still struggling to make a dangerous trip home from their own humiliation.

Re the dunk. Yep I'm a total bitter bit*h but the hoopla over the dunk hits me the way us celebrating the win over Liberty hits some other posters. Kinda embarrasing. I have NBA loving friends already laughing their ass off over it. 4 players in 20 yrs? With the athleticism all over WBB now, I'm shocked its this rare. And yeah, for sure, roll it out as one more humiliation point in the "epic beat down". Fun, fun, fun til Daddy took the Tbird away!

Last edited:
Thank you. This is what I was saying last night. One fun crusher you left out is that we can see ourselves on the receiving end of SC's "fun" not once but twice in the near future. More of KJH epic bad luck. So while the SC fans dancing on the collective SEC graves here is not improper, please don't ask me to have "fun" with it. Esp at the expense of LVFL Kyra Elzy who is already so beaten down. And with our poor team still struggling to make a dangerous trip home from their own humiliation.

Re the dunk. Yep I'm a total bitter bit*h but the hoopla over the dunk hits me the way us celebrating the win over Liberty hits some other posters. Kinda embarrasing. I have NBA loving friends already laughing their ass off over it. 4 players in 20 yrs? With the athleticism all over WBB now, I'm shocked its this rare. And yeah, for sure, roll it out as one more humiliation point in the "epic beat down". Fun, fun, fun til Daddy took the Tbird away!
I would argue we are good....but I don't know if we are this good. Tennessee will be a hard win or maybe even a close loss. Things fell into place last night and it does look like we are that good but I am still not convinced. The bench has outscored the opposing team on 6 different occasions. That is what makes us really good. We don't lose with the bench and in some cases the lead grows with the bench. I am not ready to crown us the champion of anything. The season is long and anything can happen. I'll take what we are for now though.

I would argue we are good....but I don't know if we are this good. Tennessee will be a hard win or maybe even a close loss. Things fell into place last night and it does look like we are that good but I am still not convinced. The bench has outscored the opposing team on 6 different occasions. That is what makes us really good. We don't lose with the bench and in some cases the lead grows with the bench. I am not ready to crown us the champion of anything. The season is long and anything can happen. I'll take what we are for now though.
Oh please. This doesn't go down any better. You own WBB, Dawn Staley created it and is a deity. Just ask twitter.

I fully own being an insufferable bitter bitch, esp w our season in disarray. But ya'll need to get use to that. I know it's your first time, but from our experience owning the WBB world a few decades ago, very few are going to rejoice w you. Esp when our turn in the gallows is coming up twice. The rest of sports world will sports hate you. Learn to enjoy that, it's part of the journey. Just don't expect to convince many that being crushed under the wheels is "fun" to watch or experience.

And I still like ya'll better than freakin LSU.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back