Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

I guess that means none of the Husky Big East conference games qualify as a match that Uconn can play excellent in due to the opponents. I get it, the conference is pretty much trash, not UConn’s fault. Btw, UK isn’t far off of a Creighton or Marquette who are both struggling to stay relevant as the season progresses.
I can't agree with your take on Kentucky.
Massey has Kentucky rated as #93.
Both Creighton and Marquette are in their top 30. Marquette also beat Arkansas, on a neutral court, 74-58 earlier this season.
I would call that far off.

Both Creighton and Marquette are in their top 30. Marquette also beat Arkansas, on a neutral court, 74-58 earlier this season.
Maybe. In a few weeks we will see if Marq or Creighton are top 25 caliber, prob not. Point stands vs the BEast however.

Neither of those teams are very good. They are benefiting from votes due to attention having UConn in the conference again gets them.

We saw the same thing in the AAC. Year after year teams like USF, UCF and others would be ranked only to lose in the first round of the ncaa tournament.

Now that UConn has moved conferences again we suddenly don’t see those teams in the top 25. It’s the exposure effect, not that they are actually very good.

Big East sucks.

Reactions: Rooster1
As Dawn stated dunking in WBB should be normalized. No doubt it would bring more excitement and interest to the game. We just need more players who can do it.

Swatkins dunk last year was more meaningful as it occurred on MooU's home court.

As Dawn stated dunking in WBB should be normalized. No doubt it would bring more excitement and interest to the game. We just need more players who can do it.

Swatkins dunk last year was more meaningful as it occurred on MooU's home court.

It’s not like they grow on trees. There are maybe 3 active college players who could dunk in an in game situation without embarrassing themselves. It’s not ever going to be commonplace unless they lower the rims which I am NOT a proponent of.

Neither of those teams are very good. They are benefiting from votes due to attention having UConn in the conference again gets them.

We saw the same thing in the AAC. Year after year teams like USF, UCF and others would be ranked only to lose in the first round of the ncaa tournament.

Now that UConn has moved conferences again we suddenly don’t see those teams in the top 25. It’s the exposure effect, not that they are actually very good.

Big East sucks.
The point of contention was Kentucky vs Marquette and Creighton. Not how good or bad the Big East is. And not where Marquette and Creighton will end up being rated. Is Massey affected by the "exposure effect" ?
The conversation deviated off the only point in question, Kentucky vs those 2 Big East teams. And the reason for that is no one really thinks that Kentucky is equal with those 2 teams.
On a neutral court, how much money would you wager, even up, on Kentucky if they were playing Marquette ?

Ok...she grew up in South Carolina, played her high school games in South Carolina and visited South Carolina multiple times over the years. Her dream was to play for the state school and be coached by the legend Dawn Staley . She committed and was a great player who started every game but didn't like South Carolina so she transferred to Tennessee. If that's the stupid narrative that you want to believe then so be it. Geez you two are as delusional as anyone I have ever seen. She only saw the court in a mop up role. That's the part she didn't like but you go ahead and believe what you want to believe.
So sensitive. Of course I know she grew up in SC and did NOT start every game.
Your narrative is she was afraid to compete for time. And you know that how? Is she a family member of yours? Did she have a press conference announcing that she wasn’t good enough to play for the “legend”😆😆😆 Dawn?
Your narrative is nothing more than assumptions that match your biases.
My point is she possibly did not find the coaches or teammates or facilities or food or boys or whatever at SC to be what she envisioned and found a greener pasture with Kellie and the Lady Vols. Possibilities that match my biases.
We will never know who is correct unless Miss Cooper decides to publicly discuss her departure.

I guess that means none of the Husky Big East conference games qualify as a match that Uconn can play excellent in due to the opponents. I get it, the conference is pretty much trash, not UConn’s fault. Btw, UK isn’t far off of a Creighton or Marquette who are both struggling to stay relevant as the season progresses.
You may be right. But the point is, I am not bragging about layup line dunks trying to pass it off as great basketball. And once again I must point out how UConn lives in your head.

I know, I have become accustomed to SC playing excellent basketball against Uconn for awhile now......Once you get 3 or more in a row they call it a streak...

You're not the first and probably not the last. If you are resorting to history as your defense; the last time a team beat UConn 3 times in a row UConn beat them in the national championship game. To me its the cost of being on top for many years. It's just the ebb and flow.

Reactions: KJLRN and maple
I'd have to disagree. In fact, sometimes it's hard not to play down to the opposition. Sustained good execution by superior talent is excellent bball to me anytime. I just can't stand to watch SC do it right now, much less find it fun.
We'll have to agree to disagree. Playing against inferior opposition is like making shots in practice. No defenders there to close out 3's. No defender to body up in the post. I've played in those games and they aren't even fun.

So sensitive. Of course I know she grew up in SC and did NOT start every game.
Your narrative is she was afraid to compete for time. And you know that how? Is she a family member of yours? Did she have a press conference announcing that she wasn’t good enough to play for the “legend”😆😆😆 Dawn?
Your narrative is nothing more than assumptions that match your biases.
My point is she possibly did not find the coaches or teammates or facilities or food or boys or whatever at SC to be what she envisioned and found a greener pasture with Kellie and the Lady Vols. Possibilities that match my biases.
We will never know who is correct unless Miss Cooper decides to publicly discuss her departure.
She is a family member and she told us she loved everything about South Carolina and playing for the legend Dawn but was afraid to compete for time against the other players who were superior to her. She wanted to go to a team that had no competition. So there....now you have it....now that's how you do biased.

Reactions: Harpethriverkid63
You're not the first and probably not the last. If you are resorting to history as your defense; the last time a team beat UConn 3 times in a row UConn beat them in the national championship game. To me its the cost of being on top for many years. It's just the ebb and flow.
I’m resorting to present and recent past….but yeah. I guess SC cannot play excellent basketball against a KY team…..your Big East standards are above that.

You may be right. But the point is, I am not bragging about layup line dunks trying to pass it off as great basketball. And once again I must point out how UConn lives in your head.
You must point out how or why you feel the need to respond to SC posts to start with…,we will see your team soon enough. Let the chips fly where they may, I like SC’s chances for four in a row.

Reactions: NeedOrange
We'll have to agree to disagree. Playing against inferior opposition is like making shots in practice. No defenders there to close out 3's. No defender to body up in the post. I've played in those games and they aren't even fun.
Sounds like Big East ball tbh, so what’s your point? Can UConn not play an excellent game of basketball against one of those turds in the BE? And yeah, KY would compete just fine in that turd conference as would most SEC teams.

Reactions: Mr.Pivot
It’s not like they grow on trees. There are maybe 3 active college players who could dunk in an in game situation without embarrassing themselves. It’s not ever going to be commonplace unless they lower the rims which I am NOT a proponent of.

They should install one special trampoline tile in front of each goal. If a player can get a breakaway or get to the tile unimpeded in the half-hour offense, they can take advantage of the boost. Of course, the defense can also use it to block shots with perfect positioning.

Equity Now!

Oh look, Seton Hall tonight, I guess no chance for an excellent game for the Huskies, playing trash and all…..am sure Seton Hall would destroy Ky…..not. And what, did Marquette just lose again? Oh my, won’t be any games left for the Uconn to play excellent basketball as the rest of the big Least falls from Grace. You made the bed, lie in it. Better hope Seton does not give you a game…..that would be embarrassing.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back