Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

LSU's starters can compete with anyone in the country, just a steep drop off when they go to the bench...the few times Mulkey tried to sub she immediately back-pedaled on it bc the drop off was too steep...then she had no choice with the AR foul situation and SC puts it away...depth was the clear difference in the game...I don't particularly like either team, but hard to argue that it wasn't some entertaining basketball!

Yeah, that atmosphere was insanely strong for LSU. Good for them that they had such a phenomenal crowd who never stopped being loud for their team until the final seconds. Dawn and her team will go home feeling extremely fortunate to have gotten out of there with a win.

Agree with glv98 about Reese. But then, this may very well be exactly the lesson she needed to learn this season in order to become an even better player. Her being in foul trouble for much of the game hurt LSU, particularly at the very end.

One positive about Reese is that after the game she didn't storm off pouting and sulking. She seemed resolved to take her lumps and not be a crybaby in front of the world. Good for her.

Fixed it for you.
I do have to admit what would happen if you ever meet a UConn team that has not been devastated by injuries. Oh, wait. we have played SoCar with a healthy team that's why the overall record is 9-3. And I am more and more amazed about how many times you bring UConn into a discussion. You're manifesting a serious inferiority complex like maybe you haven't gotten over being cut from JV or something.

Reactions: maple
One positive about Reese is that after the game she didn't storm off pouting and sulking. She seemed resolved to take her lumps and not be a crybaby in front of the world. Good for her.
Actually, I agree. Even her ingame antics, while emu-face exaggerated, aren't as bad as last year. She doesn't taunt directly in opponents' faces anymore. And she does own her shortcomings, said in the halftime interview she wasn't playing well offensively. I'm sure she feels bad about foolishly fouling out and will own it. Just hope she doesn't learn from it before our game with them!

LSU should have run thru Morrow after Reese went out, not Williams.

Yeah, that atmosphere was insanely strong for LSU. Good for them that they had such a phenomenal crowd who never stopped being loud for their team until the final seconds. Dawn and her team will go home feeling extremely fortunate to have gotten out of there with a win.

Agree with glv98 about Reese. But then, this may very well be exactly the lesson she needed to learn this season in order to become an even better player. Her being in foul trouble for much of the game hurt LSU, particularly at the very end.

I actually like players that hate losing, I’m tired of watching certain players I won’t name not care when they lose, like it means nothing.

I actually like players that hate losing, I’m tired of watching certain players I won’t name not care when they lose, like it means nothing.
You can pose and posture all you want about "hating to lose" but when you foolishly take yourself out of the game at a crucial time you're probably going to lose.

You can pose and posture all you want about "hating to lose" but when you foolishly take yourself out of the game at a crucial time you're probably going to lose.
I’m not talking about the fouls trouble, she was given a few bogus fouls anyway. I was addressing what the poster said about after the game Sc won like everyone on here wanted and said would happen, so let’s move on and worry about our game on Sunday.

Reactions: knoxvol52
They bringing the fan bus!! to Rocky Top for a reason.. the Lady Vols are in the driver’s seat!

SEC #1 vs #2

Hall vs Jackson
Johnson vs Powell
PaoPao vs Spear
Cardoso vs Tamari

These four matchups will decide the game on Feb 15th!
Powell ain’t backing like LSU pg!
Lets FGBO 🍊!

Van Lith has taking a step back from her play from last season.

She seems to hinder LSU at crucial times in the game with mind boggling turnovers.

More productive player at Louisville last year..

VN Store

Back