Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

☝️🤪
@WinnerCircle

Ok, a 3 time all PAC12 player in PaoPao, best 3 pt % shooter in WBB this year, also considered by many one of the best transfer players in the offseason and the electric Fulwiley, one of the best freshman players in her class are “average at best.“ They both have better numbers than your self proclaimed All World player Spears, who you brought into the conversation, and I’m not dissing Spears, great player. You see how dumb that sounds.

But I was talking about the players in front of Coop at SC, and referenced your previous declaration that “no way were there three guards at SC ahead of her“ in the rotation. Coop was not gonna beat out Raven at PG, PaoPao at SG or even Fulwiley for #3 as Fulwiley is the superior player and always was in HS and AU ball. Carry on wayward son. Out here before it gets dumber. Peace.

Last edited:
This discussion was about Raven and Raven only.

The other three guards that played for SC were average at best, and one did absolutely nothing.

Talaysia Cooper is good enough to have played on the court with either of those teams last night.

Talaysia Cooper was behind 5 WNBA players on LAST season’s SC team that is way better than this team.

Be forreal.. you are delusional.
Talaysia Cooper was behind 8 other players at SC last year, Raven included. She was the #9 player, sometimes the #10 player. Facts matter, even if they don’t fit your agenda.

Last edited:
Reactions: Terrells Bay88
Talaysia Cooper was behind 8 other players at SC last year, Raven included. She was the #9 player, sometimes the #10 player. Facts matter, even if they don’t fit your agenda.

I don’t have an agenda.
What you trying to make this about is something you and only you care about…

You need help. And serious help at that.. this was about Raven and South Carolina and a conversation with another SC fan that you jumped into with the same dumb theory that absolutely nobody is asking you to share.

You came with this ignorance because last night players you’ve glorified averaging 5-10 ppg looked average at best. I talked about Raven’s success and you come with this foolishness that don’t mean nothing.

Narrow minded people like you can’t do any better but thrive off people’s moment and live in a fantasy. Be a fan and leave it at that.

Baton Rouge, especially on a gameday nationally telecast event, is a really tough environment for a visiting team. That’s why they had won 29 straight there. The LSU starting 5 is final four good, but their bench is almost nonexistent. They got 4 points from that bench, both baskets were off balance “shots” that were just thrown at the rim in desperation and somehow went in, otherwise it’s zero points for their reserves. DelRosario is getting a little better, she grabbed some boards and altered a couple shots, LSU needs her to play more minutes, AR gets worn out late in games as do some of the other starters like Williams and Morrow. They all lost their wind and legs in the fourth. Some of them were gassed in the third.
I didn’t get to watch the game. I was, however, monitoring the score and in the third quarter I thought” should we have sent a defibrillator to Rooster?” Glad to see you survived!😂

☝️🤪

Thx @Lucy, I could not look at my phone or IPad during the game, it was too intense,and too many messages coming in. I had to go to bed shortly after, it wiped me out. What a game, kudos to LSU for their play and the environment which was intimidating but exciting as hell. Have to believe SC team grew up some in that atmosphere by finding a way to hang.

What a huge growth for the game of WBB in the past 2-3 years, outdrawing NBA games now on a weeknight. Who would have imagined. Go ladies…..love their game.

Last edited:
I know it's already been posted but this is very cool. The women's game is growing!

The game sure is growing. The fact that the top 2 rated WBB regular season games are from this year following the highest rated NCAAW tournament last year is just some of the mounting evidence of spectacular growth. So often over hyped games ending up being snore fests, so it was so beneficial that the Final 4 games last year and the two mentioned huge games this year were all spectacular. That is how you grow a sport.
A side note is that I have been going to LSU men's basketball games throughout my life since the Pistol Pete days of the 1960s. Even though I stopped going in recent years due to BR being a long drive from Knoxville for a game, I still watch all of their games. The women's game against SC was by far the loudest I have ever heard the PMAC. So, the game is not only drawing fans but rabidly interested fans!

Can we just stop on this?

I don’t like us downgrading kids from the state of South Carolina. Nor, do I like talking bad about any former Gamecock except Sophie Cunningham. Unless she turns into a dirty player like Sophia, I will always love Talaysia.

You and @WinnerCircle are locked to a pissing contest that neither of you will ever win because neither of you are Talaysia or a member of her inner circle .

Can you just ignore winnerscircle on this issue? Please.

Oh wait, the teams met twice in 2021-2022 season and Uconn was at full strength in first game and down only Juhaz in second game (She had 2 points in first game)…..both wipeout losses for the connies (I know, we all heard, Fudd had a tummy ache in the first matchup when she was still a reserve). Btw, its 9-4 all time and the connies have lost 3 straight and 4 of last 5.. Geeze, do better next time.

South Carolina 73-57 UConn (Nov 22, 2021) Box Score - ESPN

South Carolina 64-49 UConn (Apr 3, 2022) Box Score - ESPN

mic drop
I stand corrected.

I don’t like us downgrading kids from the state of South Carolina. Nor, do I like talking bad about any former Gamecock except Sophie Cunningham. Unless she turns into a dirty player like Sophia, I will always love Talaysia.

You and @WinnerCircle are locked to a pissing contest that neither of you will ever win because neither of you are Talaysia or a member of her inner circle .

Have you even read the comments?
I couldn’t care less about who is on South Carolina’s roster and how it was put together.

I ain’t in a pissing match with anyone, whoever this is stands there by themselves pissing alone.

Because I have facts in this situation and I stamped that the former 5-star McD All-American Talaysia Cooper transferred to a rival and some people such as this person will try to diminish her ability to glorify the players currently at SC which has also been exaggerated.

I’ve seen the footage of games between Coop and these players from AAU and HS that this individual has lied saying proves his claims about those players being superior and that’s where he’s loss all credibility.

It’s right there on Twitter.

I can truly see why T.Coop transferred based on one of articles from back during HS.

Sometimes the best thing a person can do is leave their hometown or area to truly grow and become great.
3,000+ points in HS, a starter since 7th grade, and the South Carolina Player of the Year as a Jr., playing at one of the smallest schools in the state.

Coop gained some positive reviews based on how well she’s looked during practice sessions. This was reported by game analysts and sportswriters that have viewed the team in preparation for games and the coaching staff.

I stated this on a Tennessee message board to start the conversation about how T.Coop was transitioning to the program. How is that an issue?

That is all I’ve ever said.. didn’t mentioned one thing about SC, and that’s when this SC poster decided to attempt to control the narrative of T.Coop’s transfer.

Me nor anyone else has ever engaged with them and asked for their input about T.Coop.

So again, what do you mean? I’m not even sure you’re reading the comments.

Did Cunningham play for SC??

Reactions: LadyVol1908
LaDazhia Williams, right? Who went on to win a national championship last year at her third stop, LSU.
The player that left SC was a guard named Hayley Troup who went to SC for just about a month and never played as I remember before transferring to Missouri as a freshman. Willams went from Missouri to LSU.

The player that left SC was a guard named Hayley Troup who went to SC for just about a month and never played as I remember before transferring to Missouri as a freshman. Willams went from Missouri to LSU.
I forgot about Troup! But Williams also did play the 2017-18 and 2018-19 seasons at South Carolina, in limited minutes (6.0 and 6.7 minutes per game).

VN Store

Back