Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Oh if only! Afraid RJ is not on that list,

Most likely to stay IMO are Bueckers (who's all but said it), Reese (who needs another year to be draft ready), and HVL (see Angel, but even w another yr I don't think her chances are good) Slightly less chance of staying but still probable for me is Edwards, who might want to play with an uninjured team for once. Also good chance to stay is Pao Pao and Amoor.

I think Clark goes having broken all the records and having the chance to play down the street in Indiana. Also I think Brink and Kamilla go. Brink reportedly wants to play in LA and they have 3 first round picks they got thru trades this year. Don't know why I think Kamilla will I just think she's ready. Espec if SC wins a natty this yr.
With Cardoso, I just think the foreign players are always more likely to go WNBA as soon as they can, good thoughts on the others glv. My feeling on Pao Pao is she leaves also.

My bad, is this really her 5th season? I was thinking 2 at MSU and now 2 at UT. Apologies.
2019 - recruited by Vic (and Johnnie Harris) to MSU, they were real contenders that year, finished 2nd to SC in SEC tourney. RJ was all freshman, SEC all tourney, etc. Had a great start. Then Covid took away the NCAA tourney, Vic left.
Yr 2 - the sadly disastorous Nikki McCray Penson experiment, and the horrible covid yr of no crowds, etc. Her worst yr statistically. Nikki left for med reasons, and as we know, passed away last summer.
Yr 3 - unequipped Doug Novak (who had never coached women) took in the Hayes, and much stuff ensued. RJ left mid-January as SEC leading scorer.
Yr 4 - found her forever home, but not without a rough start. By spring, she was happy and wanted to stay, thank you bball gods.
Yr 5 - first time ever with same coach 2 yrs in a row, seems ready to roll. Injury takes her out early and you know the rest.

Not only did she never have the same coach 2 yrs in a row until Kellie, two of the four were first time/only time head coaches. Maximum instability. Also due to circumstances never went to the NCAA tourney til last year. Makes me tired just typing it all, and I hope she has a peaceful W career, bc this is alot,

Last edited:
2019 - recruited by Vic to MSU, they were real contenders that year, finished 2nd to SC in SEC tourney. RJ was all freshman, SEC all tourney, etc. Then Covid took away the NCAA tourney, Vic left.
Yr 2 - the sadly disastorous Nikki McCray Penson experiment, and the horrible covid yr of no crowds, etc. Her worst yr statistically. Nikki left for med reasons, and as we know, passed away last summer.
Yr 3 - unequipped Doug Novak (who had never coached women) took in the Hayes, and much stuff ensued. RJ left mid-January as SEC leading scorer.
Yr 4 - found her forever home, but not without a rough start. By spring, she was happy and wanted to stay, thank you bball gods.
Yr 5 - first time ever with same coach 2 yrs in a row, seems ready to roll. Injury takes her out early and you know the rest.

Makes me tired just typing it all, and I hope she has a peaceful W career, bc this is alot.
Thx glv, not sure why, but I always thought she was same class as Boston who could have come back one more.

Washington spends more time on her butt than on her feet. If I were the official she’d never get a charge call from me. If you fall down every possession I’m not blowing the whistle.

Last edited:
Home teams 99.9% of the time get the calls by refs, I never have complained about officiating personally because it's out if the viewers control.

Was officiating one-sided ? Maybe .

Would a fair whistle changed the outcome? Most definitely not.
Section 103 yesterday would disagree

Got the call it both ways often

Does gametime know about this game? Justine and SA Barker? Definitely his type of players!

I just hope this game goes into 10 overtimes, don't care who wins. Alabama is pretty much a one man band so far, SAB trying to do it all. Vandy up 11 late 3rd qtr

Last edited:
2019 - recruited by Vic (and Johnnie Harris) to MSU, they were real contenders that year, finished 2nd to SC in SEC tourney. RJ was all freshman, SEC all tourney, etc. Had a great start. Then Covid took away the NCAA tourney, Vic left.

Not only did she never have the same coach 2 yrs in a row until Kellie, two of the four were first time/only time head coaches. Maximum instability. Also due to circumstances never went to the NCAA tourney til last year. Makes me tired just typing it all, and I hope she has a peaceful W career, bc this is alot,
Thank you for the recap! Excellent!

Reactions: krichunaka
Thank you for the recap! Excellent!
LOL your welcome, could be a mini series!

There use to be a poster around here named amb who I really miss. That poster had a field day during the Nikki M-P year because they were so outraged at the misuse of RJ and NMP's general ineptness. That clued me in to the drama. That poster was also super knowledgeable about the W. Wonder what happened to amb?

Barker went down and Nye stepped up. Bama by 6, has outscored Vandy 19-7 in the 4th qtr. Not a good look for aspiring COY Shea Ralph at home.

LOL your welcome, could be a mini series!

There use to be a poster around here named amb who I really miss. That poster had a field day during the Nikki M-P year because they were so outraged at the misuse of RJ and NMP's general ineptness. That clued me in to the drama. That poster was also super knowledgeable about the W. Wonder what happened to amb?
I remember. @Amb3096 they may be lurking

Reactions: Amb3096
Mature, well played game by Alabama. They never panicked, just kept hustling. Really got after loose balls and defense in the second half. They will be tough Thursday.

I think tonight will have taken a hit to their legs a bit. They don’t go very deep and they ended up pressing quite a bit to get back into it.

Really have to contain Barker and Nye. Vandy did a nice job in the first half but they were just too determined in the second. I think they will both struggle with our length and athleticism. Horston was the ultimate matchup for Barker though. She could not score on Jordy.

Vanderbilt in a rough part of their schedule. LSU up next for them and then finally a good possibility of a win against UGA. They have been on a skid since losing to us.

Last edited:
Vandy played good defense and was out rebounding Bama, but Bama countered with clutch scoring for the win. Did not help that Cambridge fouled out. Both teams will play Tennessee tough.
Pissott will be looking for some revenge…

Well worth the listen…

Massive brain dump on my part, thx glv
It's confusing. The covid year has made it hard to keep up anymore. But I'm kinda of going to miss it when it ends this year. Tess, Jewel, and Destinee are our last players with the option and odds are pretty decent all stay. Would be in the best interest of all, except possibly Tess if she wants to start her life after college. Believe she's already graduated.

VN Store

Back